Finding a Laptop

Hi, 

I am a 14 year old looking to buy a laptop for school. I currently have 1100$ saved up, but 500 of that is going towards a Canon T4i. Meaning I have approximately 600$ left for a laptop. 

I have no idea what to get but I do know what I want and I need help in finding the laptop that suits my needs.

I'm looking to buy either right now, or before school starts to get those back to school deals ;)

I'm looking for a laptop that is:

14' or smaller

Thin

Needs to have a exellent battery life as it will be used for and at school

No need for gaming performance, as I have my PC for that

No need for an SSD, I can upgrade that myself, but if it already has one that's a plus

It would be nice to be able to upgrade components like the ram and SSD, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. 

Lastly, the prices have to be in CAD$ and has to be from a reliable brand.

Thanks for your help.

-Snip-

I cant' help you with this, but:

You are the most sensible newcomer I have seen on the forum.

You gave location (w/ CAD), you gave the use of the laptop, you gave the preffered specs and you had no unrealistic expectations.

You were specific.

Thanks, and welcome to the forums.

- Everyone

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

i would recommend the hp stream 11 if u can get over the colr its the best u can get with windows 8.1 or just buy a chrome book but it does not run windows chromebooks run a linux based operating system

i would recommend the hp stream 11 if u can get over the colr its the best u can get with windows 8.1 or just buy a chrome book but it does not run windows chromebooks run a linux based operating system

That is far from using the budget, and under preforming if using for school all the time. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Problems I have with the Stream 11 are, (pet peeve) but the bezels are HUUGE and the battery life is not the greatest. But I considered it because of the USB 3.0 and the SD card slot.

I've also considered a Chromebook, but they're basically useless when not connected to the internet. (Not that that happens often lol)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

As I said, I want a laptop UNDER 14', and to be honest with you I've never really trusted Toshiba in terms of laptops, I've heard lots of bad things about them. 

Thank for for looking though :)

Yeah I don't too, but It's harsh to find a good laptop will keep looking

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a little bit and found this:

Pushing my budget quite a bit, battery life is ok, and it has the infamous Core M. But other than that this laptop is pretty good for the price. 

Thoughts?