Psu able to handle 960?

yito132

Hello guys i have this old psu and will it be able to handle a asus strix 960 oc?

post-236374-0-01440400-1435682427_thumb.

a 450W PSU. okay.

what else in in your rig? AMD or intel CPU?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

yes 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

I have a i5 2320 but guys i had this probelm before aswell my screen got black after using my pc some minutes and i think its my gpu, my computer is m5300

Yes. it will be able to

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I removed everythinh from my m5300 dxcept for the psu and in my m5300 case i put my x3990 motherboard with 4gb ram and i still use my graphics card from the m5300

Looks OK, but upgrade it. Could be a fire hazard or  a system RIP hazard. FSP aren't known for their great PSUs last time I checked.

but it is 80+ bronze certified...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

But anyone know why my computer gets a black screen after having my computer on for a while? Btw im using the gpu and psu that u get from buying a acer m5300

Unknown brand, likely able to handle it, will degrade quickly, not recommended in the long run

Wattage wise - Yes.
Acceptance - No.

FSP group is fine for an office PC with a GPU which uses 75watts or less, It doesnt have a continous wattage, Is has a whats called "Peak wattage", They measure the highest wattage it can hold for like a second before breaking down or crashing.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

That is only the efficiency, Not how reliable it is.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I can upgrade the psu in likr

4 months and the case

That is efficiency certification not quality certification. In fact it is fairly easy to achieve any efficiency you want even with crapy components. Chances are this PSU will run just fine. I just want to say that you cant judge PSU by its efficiency ratings.

So should i go for the 960?

Quote us, or tag us like this @yito132 , We wont get a notification that you have replied otherwise.

Go for a new PSU first, If the PSU dies it can rip through hardware like a beast.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Quote us, or tag us like this @yito132 , We wont get a notification that you have replied otherwise.

Go for a new PSU first, If the PSU dies it can rip through hardware like a beast.

Um my friend is gonna upgrade his rig and he says I can have his psu and case but I'm not 100 % sure that he will give me and my budget is pretty tight

Um my friend is gonna upgrade his rig and he says I can have his psu and case but I'm not 100 % sure that he will give me and my budget is pretty tight

Perhaps waiting is the best solution, noone here recommends using your current PSU with a GTX 960. Ofcourse you could technically be just fine, if you're willing to take stupid risks.

If that PSU pops, there's a good chance other, more valuable things pop too!

Oh ok I'll just wait til my friend upgrades his pc

Perhaps waiting is the best solution, noone here recommends using your current PSU with a GTX 960. Ofcourse you could technically be just fine, if you're willing to take stupid risks.

If that PSU pops, there's a good chance other, more valuable things pop too!

Power-wise, you ought to be alright, but I personally lost all faith in cheap PSUs when I, several years ago, took apart my mum's computer after a thunderstorm and found that all the capacitors on the motherboard had started to bulge...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

What PSU does he have? a new, decent PSU would cost about 30-40 USD.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

He has a decent psu its powering his i5 4590 with a 560 ti

80+ certification doesn't rank a PSU on capacitors, ripple suppression etc.