moving windows from hdd to ssd

i have recently purchased a samsung evo 850 evo 250 gb ssd. i want to put it in my laptop. on the hdd already preinstalled in my latop is preinstalled windows. how do i move the software from my hdd to my ssd. this is really frustrating. can someone please help.

i dont have a usb to sata cable. and  the samung migration tool needs that to function

i have recently purchased a samsung evo 850 evo 250 gb ssd. i want to put it in my laptop. on the hdd already preinstalled in my latop is preinstalled windows. how do i move the software from my hdd to my ssd. this is really frustrating. can someone please help.

You can download data migration software from Samsung here:

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

You can do that with the Samsung Data Migration Software, but I wouldn't recommend using it unless the SSD is the same capacity or larger then the current HDD.  The software will clone the drives contents over like its the same drive but if you run out of space before it finishes transferring over all the necessary files you will end up with a corrupted OS.  250gb seems pretty small.  Other then that the software works great, I used it to clone my Laptops 1tb HDD to my samsung 1tb 840 evo I bought for it with no Issues at all.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

You can do that with the Samsung Data Migration Software, but I wouldn't recommend using it unless the SSD is the same capacity or larger then the current HDD.  The software will clone the drives contents over like its the same drive but if you run out of space before it finishes transferring over all the necessary files you will end up with a corrupted OS.  250gb seems pretty small.  Other then that the software works great, I used it to clone my Laptops 1tb HDD to my samsung 1tb 840 evo I bought for it with no Issues at all.

i dont have a sata to usb cable

i dont have a sata to usb cable?

You aren't gonna get very far without that.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

i dont have a sata to usb cable

you don't need it

just plug the ssd and the hdd into a desktop pc..and use acronis trueimage to clone it from one to the other

works perfect

I do it all the time

it can even auto resize in the ssd is bigger then your hdd

if your hdd is bigger then your ssd...then you have a problem

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile