First PC build any good?

Can anyone help tell me if this pc build is any good? There isn't any peripherals on the list because I will be getting them once I have finished the build fully around next year. Link: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/vv643C

Can anyone help tell me if this pc build is any good? There isn't any peripherals on the list because I will be getting them once I have finished the build fully around next year. Link: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/vv643C

Why do you need an FX-8320? What games are you going to be playing? Someone is going to say it, so getting an i3 would be better because it would run some games better and is upgradable to an i5.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

what do you need?

personally i'd stick to intel i5 or xeon 1231

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Get an i5, and a 280(x) instead.

Then get a larger psu. Maybe an EVGA b2 550w.

I also reccomend getting a different case. Zalman's aren't the sturdiest things.

Windows 7 is becoming old with Win. 10. Buy a 8.1 from G2A.

Also, really consider getting a SSD for your boot drive.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

Why do you need an FX-8320? What games are you going to be playing? Someone is going to say it, so getting an i3 would be better because it would run some games better and is upgradable to an i5.

And eventually a i7..........

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

What's your budget? Also @Dbarnes15 follow your topics

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

And eventually a i7..........

Eventually, but an i5 will be good enough for gaming for the next few years.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

I've got that case, it looks nice but it's kind of hard to work in, and you would have no chance of upgrading to a dual rad fan in the top if you went that way, i found that out recently...

I would say it's sturdy though i've moved it back and forth between university halls and home without a problem.

Also CCL is awesome.

Looks really good. I usually try to find open box deals whenever I can and combo deals but my route takes me past a microcenter once a week. Most important fact missing in your monitor specs. If its 60mhz your system is more then enough. If its 720 and 60mhz  its way more then you need.There is a great video called "how much gpu do you need" by Jayztwocents. The xeon 1231 is an awesome chip and better bang for the buck then an i7 but overkill for the 960. I5 is overpriced and i3 is obsolet 2 core junk that won't meet min standards on newer games. I used the same cpu cooler as your getting and its great but didn't work to well for me overclocking an a10-7850k. Another plus on going with AMD is you will have money to actually buy games for it. All tree major console makers chose AMD over intel. Also if money is tight say "Hey any fat to trim here?" Good building

The CX430 won't be enough and is pretty badly built anyway. Get the XFX TS 550W, Seasonic OEM w/ 5 year warranty, better than any CX.

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

I3 isn't better and the FX8320 will be enough and will help with recording/streaming and of course multitasking, I have that one and it runs every game smoothly on ultra exept for a few like the witcher 3 with my GTX 960 :D

I3 isn't better and the FX8320 will be enough and will help with recording/streaming and of course multitasking, I have that one and it runs every game smoothly on ultra exept for a few like the witcher 3 with my GTX 960 :D

Witcher 3 is not effected by CPUs at all, given they support 4 or more threads. They took an FX-8530 and underclocked it to 2.5GHz and it performed the same as 4.5GHz lol. 

Edit: Whats the video for? Showing that an i3 is better than an FX8320? Multi-tasking would be similar, streaming would probably be leaning towards the FX-8320, but it also requires a 140mm cooler to be of any use.

The Grey Squirrel