Do bread butts/ends/heels/whatever you call them have

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

its exactly the same just have more crust per square unit of volume I like em

Are you sure? I don't suspect it's exactly the same.

Fewer or more calories? Fewer or more fibre?  Do they have more nutrients in general?

I am wondering this now but would like to start eating them if they have more fibre, in our house nobody eats the buttends of bread loafs and we just save it to give it to the local ducks later.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

its bread

same with the rest of the loaf

the only difference is that its got more toasted surface area

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Erm, I'd guess its pretty much the same as a normal slice, just smaller.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

it just has more crust per normal inside stuff and cooked slightly more because its smaller but thats it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Have you ever made bread? It's the same thing, it's just more toasted

This is a signature.

Have you ever made bread? It's the same thing, it's just more toasted

No, have you ever made bread?

But okay if everybody says so.

It has more calories, a small amount so it doesn't really make any difference.

(at least as far as I know)

no wait... maybe it's the opposite

Edited by as96

It's the same dough of flour, water, yeast and salt (assuming you aren't taking some fanceh bread with flavours and cereals)

This is a signature.

It's the same as the rest of the bread, but just more toasted. You make the dough and throw it in the pan, that's all, no added stuff. Same dough, same bread.

If instead of using a silicon or equally non-sticky bread pan, you use a regular pan and add oils to prevent it from sticking, then it's likely going to have more calories, not more nutrients.

Well, that's dependent on the amount of bread in the slice of crust... It has the same calorie density if that's what you mean. It's just toasted more from being in contact with the tin.

The difference is small enough to not make a difference. Calories are all an estimate anyway. Each end slice of bread is slightly different, on average I doubt it differs significantly from a normal slice of bread. You might be 2 calories out which isn't even a single percentage of a normal adult male's daily intake.

Allllright then. Now I know.

I have. You just put some dough into a shape and warm it up.

the crust is the same as the inside. Just subjected to more heat.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Fewer or more calories? Fewer or more fibre?  Do they have more nutrients in general?

I am wondering this now but would like to start eating them if they have more fibre, in our house nobody eats the buttends of bread loafs and we just save it to give it to the local ducks later.

As a person who  used   to bake hundreds of loaves of bread a day, it's the same thing.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

when I used to buy bread I'd save the heels ie let them dry out on the counter and save them to crumble up into meatloaf

now that I make my own bread none of it remains after a few hours.

I don't have a clue as to the nutritional aspects of heels vs. the rest of the breadloaf, but I can tell you that it is a quite a bit easier to spread cold butter on them.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."