1 GBPS internet comes to Olds, Alberta for "the same price that they currently pay for a guaranteed download speed of 100 megabits per second"

Sirtak

I want this so bad... Screw Toronto come to London xD

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

°_° In Germany noone cares... soo sad, the most you can get is arround 100Mb/s via tv cable... 

Where can I get a palm for my face, huh?!?!

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Wow that's such a small town too. I'm surprised they have it before places like Calgary and Edmonton.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

GBps or Gbps? :o

Gbps lol I wish it was GBps

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

CRTC doesn't do something stupid and restrict it..

Lol right now the CRTC is our best friend. They've been warding off those bastards (yes Rogers, Bell, and Telus) from us and making it more consumer friendly. I don't see why they would deviate from it for 1gbps internet.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Gawd. I need to learn how to differenciate gigabit and gigabyte >_>

Gawd. I need to learn how to differenciate gigabit and gigabyte >_>

Byte = B

bit = b

Byte = B

bit = b

The more you know :D Thanks!

The main ISP where I am offers fiber, but only in the larger towns and cities... It's also capped at 80 down/ 50 up.

Often ISPs will use smaller cities as test areas, think of it as a demo for possible future widespread products, at least that's what a Bell Aliant rep told me.

In Kitchener, ON, where I'm at, most of the city is (or was until recently) inaccessible to anything Fibre. You had some of the newer neighbourhoods, and some of the upper class ones and downtown areas that had Fibre access, but most of the residential areas had access to FTTN at most, with copper still running the last mile.

In my neighbourhood, you STILL can't get real Fibre from Bell here, the fastest DSL connection I can get is 16 Down/1 Up (It's technically sold as 16/10, but the technicians from TekSavvy tested our line-stats and the best we can get upload wise is around 2-3Mbps if we upgraded to a vDSL modem - I currently have the SpeedTouch 516, which is an aDSL2+ modem).

However, recently Rogers has FINALLY upgraded their network in my area. I can now get max 150 Down/10 Up... The upload, frankly, is a disgrace compared to total bandwidth, but it's the best that can be had. I'm hoping this will kick Bell into gear to upgrade their network here as well. Either way, I'll be using TekSavvy as my ISP, as they offer both DSL and Cable (Resold through Bell and Rogers), as I can get 300GB/mo ($84/mo) as their basic package, or unlimited (although its $219/mo for unlimited with 150/10). Though with the price of unlimited, I'd rather just get the 300GB/mo limit, as TekSavvy as unlimited usage from 2am to 8am regardless of your package.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)