[US-Tiger] $9.99 (After Rebate & McAfee) Corsair Hydro H55

roboplex22

This. Is. A. $10. Corsair. CPU. Cooler. Nuff said.

Ok. Yeah there's always a catch. It's $90 up front, and you have to install McAfee. But for those who don't mind rebates, and who have an extra PC to install McAfee on, this is an amazing deal.

Link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9743470&CatId=499

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

I believe you also have to get a subscription to McAfee. At least that's what my friend told me

I've never trusted Tiger Direct... I have yet to purchase anything from them. Can anybody comment on its reliability?

I've never trusted Tiger Direct... I have yet to purchase anything from them. Can anybody comment on its reliability?

I haven't had any direct problems with them, and I've been buying from them for about a year now. 

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

I believe you also have to get a subscription to McAfee. At least that's what my friend told me

You have to register for the subscription, but you can cancel it before you actually have to start paying (iirc). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

TD is one of the oldest names in the business. Hell, that's where Logan from Tek Syndicate came from. 

As you can see, he's come a long way.

time to strap one to my 970

*cough* McAfee *cough*

I trip to make the fall shorter

That's tempting, although that $80 prepaid card has to be used within 6 months or they start deducting a fee from it. How does the H55 fair vs air coolers? Slightly better than the 212+/evo? 

time to strap one to my 970

I keep getting this Idea with my leftover coolers, but it never fixes the main issue for my 970 which is the VRM.

I can overclock quite a bit and stay steady for 30 mins but sooner or later with no cooler the VRM it gets too hot to keep the overclock stable, so If i did put a cpu block i still don't know how to make the core clock stable

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

I keep getting this Idea with my leftover coolers, but it never fixes the main issue for my 970 which is the VRM.

I can overclock quite a bit and stay steady for 30 mins but sooner or later with no cooler the VRM it gets too hot to keep the overclock stable, so If i did put a cpu block i still don't know how to make the core clock stable

VRMs aren't always a problem. Generally its only naked cards that have an issue, and even then, $12 in heatsinksand thermal pads is all it takes. The issue with the 970s is that their VRMs are on the left of the GPU die, and the G10 designs for VRMs on the right. You can easily buy a PCI fan bracket or Antec spot cool to get airflow over the left side VRMs. 1500Mhz core clock speeds are readily achieved with this. If you would like more help, check out the G10 Owners Club on OCN.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

They're better than NCIX's slow shipping service. Though their prices and selections aren't the best.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

They're better than NCIX's slow shipping service. Though their prices and selections aren't the best.

depends where u live

ordered a laptop from tigerdirect 3.5 weeks delivery in canada

ncix for me slowest and cheapest delivery 2 days lol

depends where u live

ordered a laptop from tigerdirect 3.5 weeks delivery in canada

ncix for me slowest and cheapest delivery 2 days lol

Not the carrier is moving your package part, the part where its "we've got your order confirmed, give us a week for us to ship it"

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

2 days from when i click buy it arrives

but i use interac so i can bypass credit card bs no verifications lol

They're fine. 

Do a bit of bait and switch with sales though...

They're fine. 

Do a bit of bait and switch with sales though...

Personal experience? Do share.

My brother ordered a pc from them like 15-18 years ago. It was a decent deal but it came with the worst, more unreliable, most unstable motherboard ever.

Slow shipping? It can't be worse than Amazon- they take weeks to ship anything to me. 

Slow shipping? It can't be worse than Amazon- they take weeks to ship anything to me. 

It depends, is your slow shipping amazon's fault? Or the carrier's fault. NCIX literally takes a week to even give the package to the carrier. The carrier themselves are alright in speed, 3-5 days

It depends, is your slow shipping amazon's fault? Or the carrier's fault. NCIX literally takes a week to even give the package to the carrier. The carrier themselves are alright in speed, 3-5 days

Placed my order for the Logitech mouse on the 4th. It's the 6th today almost the 7th and it's still "preparing for shipment" It's not the weekend so they have no excuse to take this long to find the mouse, print out labels, and ship it out. I'm pretty sure they have a bunch of people buying the same exact mouse at the same exact time. There's absolutely no excuse at all. 

Strike 1 - Tigerdirect. Can access their sight AT ALL with out java enabled. Normally I wouldn't have an issue with the but the fact that it shows the page first and then redirects you to a page telling you to enable java just pisses me off to no end because it show that you do not need java just to look at the page/product.

Strike 2 - Mail in rebate. I won't rant about MIRs here but the short version is those can just go **** off and die.

Strike 3 - McAfee subscription. Even if you can cancel it, that is still shady as all hell.

They are perfectly fine. I have visited their stores many times. The only problem with them is that I find them to be a little bit more expensive than Amazon or Newegg.