Noctua fans.

Heisenburger

I got abit of extra cash, and decided to finally get rid of my reference fans. I was planning on getting some noctua fans, and found out that some models where betters for different things. So should I use the nf f12s for my rad, and the nf s12s for the case intake and outtake?

I got abit of extra cash, and decided to finally get rid of my reference fans. I was planning on getting some noctua fans, and found out that some models where betters for different things. So should I use the nf f12s for my rad, and the nf s12s for the case intake and outtake?

Consider the Redux models, you get pretty much the same thing (in a nicer looking color imo) for noticeably cheaper, given you don't mind it not coming with some of the accessories. 

"Rawr XD"

That's what I use, seems to work good, though I haven't use any other fans on this rig, but it's pretty quiet :)

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

You seem to have the right idea. It might help to list your specs though.

Consider the Redux models, you get pretty much the same thing (in a nicer looking color imo) for noticeably cheaper, given you don't mind it not coming with some of the accessories. 

They're not the same. Redux fans are older lines of fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You seem to have the right idea. It might help to list your specs though.

The rad is from an h100i, and the case is a corsair obsidian 450.

Rest of specs? The question was aimed more towards how much cooling would be necessary.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i use a different case but I use the same cooler and the NF-F12s work great on it. and my NF-S12A's work good for pushing air in the case.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

If you have the money, check out these as well, they outperform NF-F12's on radiators.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ekwb-fans/ek-vardar-f2-120-1450rpm-high-performance-liquid-cooling-fan.html

HMfMMf2l.jpg

RlNt4FCl.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

nfs12a's are on sale at ncix (I'm in the us) ends soon!

http://www.ncixus.com/products/index.php?sku=79670&promoid=1413

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Rest of specs? The question was aimed more towards how much cooling would be necessary.

Sorry, at the moment there's nothing worth cooling lol, but I'm starting a co op thing at a lab this september, so I'll be able to get some higher end parts.

Yes those fans are good. Thankyou for not intending on putting nf f12s in your case as case fans! 

I really hate Noctua's naming schemes and website layout. It is very difficult to discern which fans are better for static pressure and which are better for airflow without delving deeper and just looking at the raw numbers. All of their descriptions for every fan talk about using them for rads AND airflow.

I use NF F12s as case fans though :P I already had one for a rad I ended up not using, so I got two more. Cable management in the PC they ended up in is non existent, and I put them all inside a stocking as a makeshift dust filter anyway. Static pressure, whatever.

I really hate Noctua's naming schemes and website layout. It is very difficult to discern which fans are better for static pressure and which are better for airflow without delving deeper and just looking at the raw numbers. All of their descriptions for every fan talk about using them for rads AND airflow.

They're all pretty straightforward with the naming scheme and description. Which are you confused about?