Does Nvidea and have a anything similer to amd's mantle api?

Im getting an r9 290 and want to know if nvidea has anything similer to amd's mantle api?

Mantle is "dead"/ dying it's being replaced with vulkan, also nvidia cards will support DX-12, which I would imagine most game devs using in the future. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

PhysX, TXAA, PCSS, but thoes are like game physics and graphics stuff

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

mantle is dead

directx is much more common and is similar, giving a big performance boost

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

whatever card you get, nvidia or amd, both will have dx12 support, which at this point has basically replaced mantle.

Nvidia was winning at DX11, so amd created mantle to force microsoft to make a lower level api, giving birth to DX12.

In general DX 12 and mantle is basically dead at this point ( Cheers Post above @werto165 )

No, DX12 is not dead.

Nvidia was winning at DX11, so amd created mantle to force microsoft to make a lower level api, giving birth to DX12.

Nvidia was not "winning at DX11", they are winning at single GPU performance, period.

It's speculated that Mantle gave M$ the push to finish/make DX12, but it's very hard to prove and there's been countless posts about it that only resulted in a shit fest.

What you can take from this: Mantle is being phased out and used in Vulkan, DX12 is coming and will be better for everyone.

Nvidia was not "winning at DX11", they are winning at single GPU performance, period.

It's speculated that Mantle gave M$ the push to finish/make DX12, but it's very hard to prove and there's been countless posts about it that only resulted in a shit fest.

What you can take from this: Mantle is being phased out and used in Vulkan, DX12 is coming and will be better for everyone.

Nvidia drivers have less cpu overhead than amd ones, so if your cpu sucks, you're probably better off with an nvidia gpu.

I'm pretty sure AMD sent people over to microsoft to help developp DX12.

Vulkan is a mix of opengl and mantle.

PhysX, TXAA, PCSS, but thoes are like game physics and graphics stuff

Mantle is an API. They are not.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Nvidia drivers have less cpu overhead than amd ones, so if your cpu sucks, you're probably better off with an nvidia gpu.

No, and that's not how it works.

I'm pretty sure AMD sent people over to microsoft to help developp DX12.

That claim has been made before; at this point it doesn't even matter "who did it first". Mantle is being phased out and used in Vulkan, DirectX 12 is the better API since it'll be used across the board on Windows (W10 presumably) platforms.

Vulkan is a mix of opengl and mantle.

Duh.  :)

No, DX12 is not dead.

Apologies, Meant to say Mantle was dead not DX12. Long live DX12! 

-Editied

Nvidia has better DX11 performance. The upcoming DirectX 12 API will have basically the same effect as Mantle for both Nvidia and AMD. And as everyone else has said, Mantle is basically dead now since DirectX and Vulkan are both going to do what Mantle was supposed to, and OpenGL and DX are already have widespread support.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W