Is A GTX 770 With Upgrading?

vinnyfraser

Hey guys!

I'm working a higher paying summer job this summer and so I'll have some extra cash laying around. Currently I have a GTX 770 with a FX-8350 oc to 4.6gHz. Is my graphics card worth upgrading? And what would you recommend?

No but your CPU is.

please get an i5

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

No but your CPU is.

please get an i5

I just bought it....

I just bought it....

The 8350 is a terrible CPU...I'd try to return it and squeeze into something better...

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

You could probably go without upgrading, but if you could get a 970, why wouldn't you?

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

I just bought it....

Lol, Intel fanboys are the worst. I like Intel don't get me wrong, but don't upgrade that CPU if you just bought it.

If you have enough cash. a 290X is great (or 970 if you're into that sorta thing) BUT, new cards will be coming out VERY soon. So I would hold off until they come out.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Then don't upgrade anything, save your money because the 770 is still a fine card. If you do want to upgrade your graphics card wait for the 980ti or the 300 series.

I would upgrade your CPU first then worry about your GPU

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

The 8350 is a terrible CPU...I'd try to return it and squeeze into something better...

I'm seeing if I can return it.... what would you recommend? 

i5 4690k or i7 4790k. Get the i7 if you also record/edit video's, otherwise the i5 is perfectly fine.

Never buy AMD cpu's, they're not made for gaming.

NONONNONONONONONO!!!!

Don't return it. It's fine! And besides, you'll have to change motherboard as well to commemorate for the different socket the 4690K uses.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Lol, Intel fanboys are the worst. I like Intel don't get me wrong, but don't upgrade that CPU if you just bought it.

If you have enough cash. a 290X is great (or 970 if you're into that sorta thing) BUT, new cards will be coming out VERY soon. So I would hold off until they come out.

God i feel ya. I have intel but the fanboys just make me feel like a biased bastard :(

There are good uses for AMD.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

i5 4690k or i7 4790k. Get the i7 if you also record/edit video's, otherwise the i5 is perfectly fine.

Never buy AMD cpu's, they're not made for gaming.

Why would a "gaming" mother board only be made for AMD chips?

NONONNONONONONONO!!!!

Don't return it. It's fine! And besides, you'll have to change motherboard as well to commemorate for the different socket the 4690K uses.

no, it's not

ask anyone on LTT, an 8350 will bottleneck most modern cards while and i5 will not...

go ahead, call me a fanboy...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

because those mobos are old and some people will buy them...

just because someone slaps the word "gaming on something doesn't mean it's gonna perform well

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

no, it's not

ask anyone on LTT, an 8350 will bottleneck most modern cards while and i5 will not...

go ahead, call me a fanboy...

I will call you a fanboy. AMD chips are ok. Everyone on LTT prefers Intel because most of us are gamers. And yes, Intel is better for gaming. But sometimes it's better to just hold onto your CPU.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

because those mobos are old and some people will buy them...

just because someone slaps the word "gaming on something doesn't mean it's gonna perform well

See but with Dx12 coming out soon.... more cores will increase performance will it not?

Oh, I see you are not 100% with tech. Motherboards and CPUs have different sockets. an i5 4690K has a LGA1150 socket. Where as the 8350 uses a different one. (not sure)

Your motherboard can only use one socket (duh) If you want to use a CPU with a different socket. You'll need a motherboard with the matching socket.

And just because something is classified as "gaming" doesn't mean it'll be good for gaming. That's just marketing.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

See but with Dx12 coming out soon.... more cores will increase performance will it not?

is DX12 out yet?  No one knows...

is DX12 out yet?  No one knows...

There's tons of "leaks" about it... I'm kinda happy I went with this chip.

There's tons of "leaks" about it... I'm kinda happy I went with this chip.

well don't be

If you can return it, please do.  You will thank me

well don't be

If you can return it, please do.  You will thank me

I can't return it, if you'd like to donate for me to get a new chip and motherboard all donations are welcome :)

I can't return it, if you'd like to donate for me to get a new chip and motherboard all donations are welcome :)

I might lol :P