Is A GTX 770 With Upgrading?

vinnyfraser

See but with Dx12 coming out soon.... more cores will increase performance will it not?

Only if devs want it to. And don't forget that an i3, which perform better in games, will get the same boost. I haven't done proper benchmarking, but extrapolating from synthetics in single threaded performance, games will run better on an Intel quad core CPU which is 3-4 years older than any FX CPU with smaller bottlenecks (though of course you need a small overclock, but a 4GHz FX 8350 is as fast single threaded as a Xeon X5450 at stock 3GHz).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

the 8350 was launched in 2011 to go vs the sandy bridge line 2600k..... its a outdated cpu.

It was also flogged clock for clock by the 2600k.

PMSL

Why would a "gaming" mother board only be made for AMD chips?

Trust me, you can't even compare amd to intel cpu's when it's about gaming. AMD has really weak cores, and they'll bottleneck any new-gaming GPU.

I can link you a thread.. as i've had a discussion about this a few days ago.

Read this, has 2 pages : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/354370-which-cpu/

This might change your mind to buying intel..

Lol, Intel fanboys are the worst. I like Intel don't get me wrong, but don't upgrade that CPU if you just bought it.

If you have enough cash. a 290X is great (or 970 if you're into that sorta thing) BUT, new cards will be coming out VERY soon. So I would hold off until they come out.

You fucking mental? An 8350 bottlenecks a 970, let alone any new GPU that will come unto the market. 

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

See but with Dx12 coming out soon.... more cores will increase performance will it not?

EDIT

Just seen other posts, yeah... urmm.. do what most people said. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7189/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-september-2013/8

This is from 2013

Spot your GPU in the graphs.

In the other games they tested that CPU performs fine 
with a single card but what it tells you is today with the cards we have,

and you considering upgrading your GPU to one even newer , you might lose some performance

in some games. 

To be fair, it still gives you more than 60fps in that game, if you don't game above 60, it might not be significant to you. 

What resolution do you game in ? 
If you're gaming in 1080, you could be fine for now. 

Lol, Intel fanboys are the worst. I like Intel don't get me wrong, but don't upgrade that CPU if you just bought it.

If you have enough cash. a 290X is great (or 970 if you're into that sorta thing) BUT, new cards will be coming out VERY soon. So I would hold off until they come out.

going amd fx passed 2015 if you can afford to do otherwise is a terrible idea. and thats definitely from a performance stand point not brand loyalty. if zen is good ill change my tune

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7189/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-september-2013/8

This is from 2013

Spot your GPU in the graphs.

In the other games they tested that CPU performs fine 

with a single card but what it tells you is today with the cards we have,

and you considering upgrading your GPU to one even newer , you might lose some performance

in some games. 

To be fair, it still gives you more than 60fps in that game, if you don't game above 60, it might not be significant to you. 

What resolution do you game in ? 

If you're gaming in 1080, you could be fine for now. 

Looking at that, over a 20FPS difference between my i5 4440 and the FX 8350.

PMSL

Not especially, unless you plan to play in a resolution higher than 1080p.

I think you got another year or two of life in that GPU.

Looking at that, over a 20FPS difference between my i5 4440 and the FX 8350.

In a game where it plays exactly the same at 30 FPS as it does at 120.  

I wonder if it affects turn times and stuff like that though. 

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

That's still a big "what-if" until there's actually some native DirectX 12 games to benchmark. My guess is that while cores may be more important on paper than they are now, the other goal of DX12—reducing CPU overhead versus older APIs—is probably going to make games even more GPU-dependent than they already are. I think an i5 would have been a better purchase, but you should stick with your FX-8350 for now unless you notice any problems with it.

At what resolution are you gaming? If it's just 1080p, I'd say your GTX 770 isn't really worth upgrading yet.