What do you guys think of the LG G4? My opinion is the following.

Hey there everyone so id like to ask you all what do you think of the LG G4? Alegedly its going to be announced on 28th of this month (Tuesday). So id like to share my assessment so far from my personal field of depth :P:

• System: LG'S upcoming flagship is to come with Android 5.1.1 the sucessor of android 5.0.2 that will come to provide improvements in security (Screen pinning , Improved Wifi connection, Audio Call and overhaul security features fixing), while also providing better notifications being swippable and silence mode with altert interruption status. But the software can ony be complemented with a fluent and useful interface which seems to be the case with LG UX 4.0. This one promises to provide a simply and hassfle experience (Just as good as Touchwiz and very close to stock) by implementing useful tools "Quick Shot, Gesture Interval Shot, Ringtone Id, Quick Memo+" and extra features to make you feel in the clouds :D. Oh btw the video here "www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quo5E0xysXU"

• Screen: Its a QHD IPS Quantum Dots technology to provide 25% higher brightness and 20% higher color acurracy. If you want to see how it could possibly look like then this one is a good video to check it out "www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH7z9LF2IDE". Overhaul i can see this screen technology with IPS providing an exellent experience for watching movies, series and even playing games. Then again it will defenetly be interesting to see it compete versus Samsung's QHD Super Amoled Displays with OLED Technology that is a gorgeous one nowadays. 

• Camera: If the LG G4 comes with a (f 1.8 Aperture 16 MP HDR OIS Dual Flash and a front facing f 1.8 Aperture 8MP HDR OIS QHD Recording capability then i will: "Freaking buy it o-O". Speaking of comparison this is probably the best and most advanced camera ever provided in a smartphone (Well samsung as already used a f 1.8 Aperture in the Note 4/Edge rear camera just saying....) but then again the front facing camera of the LG and the Dual Led in the back promise to deliver stunning night and day images (This is one of those phones which camera stays "state of the art" for almost 2 years sometimes and with the selfie world growing the only thing it seems to lack is front facing led which would make the camera "perfect".

• Hardware:  The internals of a phone are one of the most important features we can get nowadays and the S6/S6 Edge proved to be ahead of everything else in memory and processor features, and while most were expecting the LG G4 to come with the "2nd place but not weak at all" Snapdragon 810 its leaned towards the 808 which has a weaker graphical configuration than the Snapdragon 805 but this could LG'S strategy to make it "Heat Resistant". Its still a 55,000+ score plus in Antutu for sure and its not a weak cpu at all. Memory wise wed love to see LG adopting 3GB of DDR4 configurations that way making it a competitor for everything else in the market today but that  could be unlikely. Internal memory should go with the latest usb standards but moslikely it will be USB 3.0 which is by itself still better than USB 2.0 found in Samsung's note series for some sad reason. Lets just hope for the best and hopefully LG knows whats it doing internally to the phone. Storage options should defenetly this time get a jump and we couldnt stay less than excited for seeing a 64 Gb LG G4 in the market for the people who need it for pictures and videos and sweet if we can snug in a 128 - 256 Gb micro sd card.

• Battery/Sound: As far as battery goes it is highly expected to get a 3000+ MaH battery to provide users with lots of life from theyr phone and the ability to remove the battery and a micro sd slot is just a miracle and this is a phone to last a long long time or so Lg wants it too at least long enough until we can get the LG G5 that is. Sound quality will remain mostly the same as the previous model exept with better speakers and microphone to ensure we have the best call quality sound and multimedia experience, the only thing that would make this the phone of the year would be triple front facing speakers :D but not happening as far as we know.

• Build Quality: Its made of Leather ok? Freaking leather! But yeah if they are going to make this 12 week special process leatherish version of the phone to come then it could mean we are looking at a pricier option from the general perspective just like the S6 Edge is to the S6 but not because it will be manufactured with Cowskin will have an extra 150$+ plus premium expenses! Build quality on this one guys is to make a big impact. "Teasing the phone ahaha" -> "www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVQT1lDukZU"

Well that is what i think of the LG G4 so id like to know what you guys think of the "General Review" i made of this phone :P.

Groomlake Authority

My answer ? Sure give us another phone that will have shitty software on it which will limit its possibilities. No Android hate, I just think there should be a next step in software since the hardware is ahead the software

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

My answer ? Sure give us another phone that will have shitty software on it which will limit its possibilities. No Android hate, I just think there should be a next step in software since the hardware is ahead the software

Can you specifiy what you mean by shitty software?

Can you specifiy what you mean by shitty software?

I meant that all kind of software, iOS, Android are kinda the same for so long now, I think its time for new ideas to control devices. No not voice ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

I meant that all kind of software, iOS, Android are kinda the same for so long now, I think its time for new ideas to control devices. No not voice ^^

Windows basically has been the same thing for decades now. I can't really understand what you're missing on your smartphone.

Maybe some kind of brain-control headset will be the next thing

Windows basically has been the same thing for decades now. I can't really understand what you're missing on your smartphone.

Maybe some kind of brain-control headset will be the next thing

No I am not talking about those sketchy things, also think that windows is dried out, just something that really combines mobiles and desktops. With stuff like settings all in the same place and not hidden anywhere

My opinion is "Do we really need this?"

Most of the things that are produced are not needed.

You probably own hundreds of things that we "don't really need".

I think it's awesome to see them going for a more premium build. I just hope the leather is better quality than that on the Moto X <_<

No I am not talking about those sketchy things, also think that windows is dried out, just something that really combines mobiles and desktops. With stuff like settings all in the same place and not hidden anywhere

If you didn't hide all the settings you'd have a garbed mess of things everywhere.

They're not even really that hidden for anyone who has even a little knowledge of their own device. Which everyone should.

Sounds like you're firmly in the Windows 10 camp. That's what they're trying to do. It's a shame that no one really supports Windows for mobile, it does show a fair amount of promise.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Most of the things that are produced are not needed.

You probably own hundreds of things that we "don't really need".

I think it's awesome to see them going for a more premium build. I just hope the leather is better quality than that on the Moto X <_<

If you didn't hide all the settings you'd have a garbed mess of things everywhere.

They're not even really that hidden for anyone who has even a little knowledge of their own device. Which everyone should.

Sounds like you're firmly in the Windows 10 camp. That's what they're trying to do. It's a shame that no one really supports Windows for mobile, it does show a fair amount of promise.

I have hopes for win10 yes, the problem is that I am using a iPhone, which I most likely never switch, so some features aren't working really great

Makes me laugh how review threads end up as taste discussions ^^ buts its okay i guess.

Groomlake Authority

As long as it has no major issues i'll probably end up getting one, it's the only flagship either already here or on the horizon that doesn't seem like total crap

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

coming from someone who has been using the g3 since September last year, i'm expecting improvements for the g4. and so far i'm thinking that the g4 will compete with the s6 

I hope the camera will be better than S6, if I ever had enough money this would probably be the phone I would buy. I wish the screen size was closer to 5 inch or 5.2, but with the slim bezels like on the G3 it might get away with it.

I have hopes for win10 yes, the problem is that I am using a iPhone, which I most likely never switch, so some features aren't working really great

Then you already pretty much have what you want, iOs and the desktop version are extremely compatible are they not?

If you're not willing to move to something that's more cohesive then you really have no one to blame but yourself ;)

Makes me laugh how review threads end up as taste discussions ^^ buts its okay i guess.

It's not a review thread though. You can't review something that's not out ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The lots of life from 3000 battery hardly seems possible, I am currently using LG G3 and the battery is so bad its unreal, fastest ive gone from 100 to 0 is under 3 hours, most of the time its dead or @ 5% before i leave work and thr QHD display is to blame it just eats way to much battery and its unecessary give me a fullhd phone, thats the reason im gonna sell it.

Then you already pretty much have what you want, iOs and the desktop version are extremely compatible are they not?

If you're not willing to move to something that's more cohesive then you really have no one to blame but yourself ;)

It's not a review thread though. You can't review something that's not out ;)

"I review the material the internet presents me with which are very good speculations"."Who said i was an Lg representative and who nominated you as pre release counciler"? At least i hope it comes as i said it is after all by the title "My opinion is the following"

Groomlake Authority

The lots of life from 3000 battery hardly seems possible, I am currently using LG G3 and the battery is so bad its unreal, fastest ive gone from 100 to 0 is under 3 hours, most of the time its dead or @ 5% before i leave work and thr QHD display is to blame it just eats way to much battery and its unecessary give me a fullhd phone, thats the reason im gonna sell it.

Yeah you should sell it for the LG G4 if battery life proves to be comparable to the S6 since by coming with a 1.8 Ghz Hexa core approach rather than the Quad Fast + Quad Slow could potentially save 20% of battery life.

Groomlake Authority

Yeah you should sell it for the LG G4 if battery life proves to be comparable to the S6 since by coming with a 1.8 Ghz Hexa core approach rather than the Quad Fast + Quad Slow could potentially save 20% of battery life.

Not gonna bother with LG in the future

Heyyo,

Hahaha no doubt. Off topic ftw! :P

But yeah, the LG G4 so far seems quite promising on paper. Sadly? Throw me in with the skeptics about pairing a Snapdragon 808 (on 20nm fab) with a QHD screen for battery life... hopefully it won't be as taxing as the Snapdragon 801 (on 28nm fab) was based on with the LG G3 and as outofmyheadyo stated the battery life isn't the best.. but time will tell.

For reference? I have a OnePlus One and the 5.5" 1080P screen with the Snapdragon 801 and 3000 Mah is fantastic... but then again, I'm pushing a lot less pixels of information so my CPU and GPU usage are quite a bit lower.. this is something I'm hoping that LG can help deter by maybe putting in a bigger battery.

You mean like Ubuntu's convergence? Using your phone as a phone and then plugging it into a monitor to use as a desktop? That's already a thing... not a complete thing yet... but it's a thing.
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/02/new-video-shows-off-ubuntu-convergence-demoed-on-tablet-phone

As advanced as SoC's are on mobile devices though? It'll be tricky for them to run as good as a desktop even on Windows 10 or Linux.. so I bet there will be interface lag and such unless they optimize the crap out of it for mobile devices... but we shall see I guess.

With Android you can setup a boot to Debian btw and use it as a full fledged desktop and such... so... not sure why you think Android is poop since you can do a lot of crazy cool stuff you just have to put time into tinkering just like the Linux that Android is based on.

We shall see about Windows 10 for phones as well how much it can do. 

There's also Jolla's SailfishOS... It is Linux that uses QT framework for apps but has compatibility for Android (at least partial...).

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

"I review the material the internet presents me with which are very good speculations"."Who said i was an Lg representative and who nominated you as pre release counciler"? At least i hope it comes as i said it is after all by the title "My opinion is the following"

You can never base anything solid off of internet rumors, especially when it comes to cellular devices. They're often wrong, and often by quite a bit.

A review is generally based on physical fact after spending time with the device. Not looking at things that might or might not be true.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

You can never base anything solid off of internet rumors, especially when it comes to cellular devices. They're often wrong, and often by quite a bit.

A review is generally based on physical fact after spending time with the device. Not looking at things that might or might not be true.

Luckly the facts i stated came out to be true so its just fine now

Groomlake Authority

Luckly the facts i stated came out to be true so its just fine now

Mostly.

It's unfortunate that it's such a poor performer.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Mostly.

It's unfortunate that it's such a poor performer.

I dont understand what people have against the snapdragon 808 its supose to save battery life :/. In camera and screen wise it could be the best of 2015 but your right x-x its not even ddr4 its ddr3 god x-x

Groomlake Authority