AMD reveals Windows 10 will launch in late July

Xsilent(X)

Windows10_1.jpg

Microsoft’s launch of Windows 10 will likely take place in late July, according to AMD. During AMD’s latest earnings call last week, president and CEO Lisa Su revealed the launch timing for Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system. Answering a question on inventory plans, Su said, "With the Windows 10 launch at the end of July, we are watching sort of the impact of that on the back-to-school season, and expect that it might have a bit of a delay to the normal back-to-school season inventory build-up."

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/20/8456049/windows-10-launch-late-july-claims-amd

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

We already pretty much knew this, nice to have confirmation though

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I can't wait. I hate win8.1 and really want win10 to be better (please have the multimonitor issues fixed)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I can't wait. I hate win8.1 and really want win10 to be better (please have the multimonitor issues fixed)

What multi monitor issues?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

You sure? I was under the impression they were doing a Consumer Preview in Summer (kinda like an RTM build) then launching fully in Autumn.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Will AMD claim they helped work on Windows 10 in the background, then say "we abandoned our version once MSs ideas had aligned with ours, but we helped push them to this point in the first place"? 

What multi monitor issues?

Sometimes when I move my mouse too slowly from 1 monitor to the other it kinda sticks to the edge instead of passing to the next one. I think this is because of the hotcorners and charms bar. And although you can mostly disable those the "stickiness" kinda stays (yes I've also edited the registry, no avail)

It is by far my biggest problem with Win8.1 (that and not just having them configurable like they should be, which function is in which corner and such)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Sometimes when I move my mouse too slowly from 1 monitor to the other it kinda sticks to the edge instead of passing to the next one. I think this is because of the hotcorners and charms bar. And although you can mostly disable those the "stickiness" kinda stays (yes I've also edited the registry, no avail)

It is by far my biggest problem with Win8.1 (that and not just having them configurable like they should be, which function is in which corner and such)

I will hook up another monitor to my tablet or mineral oil pc and tell you if that is fixed. just remind me if I don't get back in 24 Hr. i think its fix because the charms are gone.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Really looking forward to Windows 10, curious to see how it impacts my system's performance, especially with DX12. Hopefully only in a positive way :)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I love windows 8.1 it's so much better than 7 (awful multitasking/multi monitor features) which is awful and 10 which ruins what 8.1 did right (start screen).

I'm pretty sure that's by design so that you don't accidentally go to your other monitors. Everytime I use a Windows 7 machine with multimonitor, I hate how easy it is to accidentally move my cursor to the other screen. 

I probably won't be upgrading to 10 at all, unless DX12 is better than what it's supposed to be. There's just no compelling reason to downgrade from such a good OS as 8.1 is.

Edit: I should elaborate my issue with Windows 7. Whenever I want to close a maximized window, I usually flick my cursor to the top right to click on the x. But, in Windows 7, if I flick it, it goes to the other monitor for no reason. Another thing that sucks on Windows 7 is the lack of a Windows 8 taskbar on all the secondary screens which no applications can perfectly replicate. Thirdly, there's no start screen which is an awesome second desktop where I can organize my icons to keep my regular desktop free of icons. All these reasons made me reinstall Windows 8 after trying 7 within MINUTES (less than 10 minutes). 

I will hook up another monitor to my tablet or mineral oil pc and tell you if that is fixed. just remind me if I don't get back in 24 Hr. i think its fix because the charms are gone.

Thanks! (I might also try to get a vm running with the preview, although I don't know how well that will support multiple monitors)

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I love windows 8.1 it's so much better than 7 (awful multitasking/multi monitor features) which is awful and 10 which ruins what 8.1 did right (start screen).

I'm pretty sure that's by design so that you don't accidentally go to your other monitors. Everytime I use a Windows 7 machine with multimonitor, I hate how easy it is to accidentally move my cursor to the other screen. 

I probably won't be upgrading to 10 at all, unless DX12 is better than what it's supposed to be. There's just no compelling reason to downgrade from such a good OS as 8.1 is.

Win8.1 is in quite a few aspects better, but they dropped the ball on polishing those features. I want to be able to configure my hotcorners to be where I want them (the recent app switcher doesn't work very well if you have your taskbar on the side) and I want my start menu and apps to run in windows, other wise they break my information flow. 

If it is by design they should allow me to turn it off. if I want to move my cursor some where I don't want it to end up sticking to an edge. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've misclicked because of this stupid thing, just because I know the distances I have to move and then click but that gets fucked if the mouse doesn't move the right distance. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

My Win 7 is ready ! My SSD isn't :/ (need to buy new one).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I admit, I'm going to upgrade to it from 7. Just someone, anyone, PLEASE, tell me I can finally have a moving .gif image as a desktop wallpaper.

Yes, I know there are ways to do that in 7, but every single one I've tried has been detected by my anti-virus software and not a chance in hell I'm risking that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Will AMD claim they helped work on Windows 10 in the background, then say "we abandoned our version once MSs ideas had aligned with ours, but we helped push them to this point in the first place"? 

Windows 10 will be a huge payoff for AMD, wait and see. They pressured and collaborated with Microsoft on DirectX 12 for a reason.

Windows 10 will be a huge payoff for AMD, wait and see. They pressured and collaborated with Microsoft on DirectX 12 for a reason.

Where did I hear this before?  :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Yes! They fixed one of my only two gripes with it (couldn't pin This PC to the start menu for some reason), now if they fix the multi-monitor problems it would be great. Hopefully they manage it within the next few months.

Honestly, what's the point in making a comment like this? Just trying to start fights?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I Don't Care That Its Getting Realised,I Already Use It

If that shit w10 gets released so soon in its current state its just sad...i hope they push the release dates way way back like october/november and seriously work on w10 design and features.

I am running w10 on my main computer and it is really good at the moment. My biggest problem with it right now is when switching from using just one desktop to using 2 in extended mode. It was so much simpler in w8.1 with the simple windows + p shortcut and press it twice and then boom done. Except for that windows 10 is really really good. Of course cortana not being available in my region was quite a disappointment as well :( 

If that shit w10 gets released so soon in its current state its just sad...i hope they push the release dates way way back like october/november and seriously work on w10 design and features.

Why? do you have manny bugs?

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I hope OS will be fully baked by time :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Dude Its Amazing,I Would Recommend It To Anyone Just Because Of The Features It Has