upgrading

Themastercpu

i have a ssd and a hard drive and i want to copy the os onto the new ssd anyone know how i can do this

EaseUS Partition Master, the greatest hard drive manager OF ALL TIME!!!

Yeah, you can migrate OS with this

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

acronis trueimage

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

clonezilla anyone?

clonezilla you burn to a disc, boot to the disc, and then follow the on screen prompt, selecting the source drive and the target drive. it makes an exact clone of the first drive onto the second drive.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

You can clone the drive using EaseUS, it's a really good tool, but I would strongly recommend a clean install if at all possible, it's definitely more work and it's a bit tedious, but if you want the best performance and for Windows to work properly with the SSD, then please do a clean install.

I say that because depending on your HDD and which version of Windows you're using, it'll still be using the old 512K block size, whereas SSD's use 4K block sizes, and the older 512K size is wasteful and slow on SSD's, and you may have a ton of crud on your Windows install that a fresh install will clear out, further amplifying the performance boost you'll get from a SSD, you may also run into issues with cloning, Windows can be a bit funny with it, so just be aware of that.

Having said all of that though, if a fresh install of Windows is too daunting for you then that's totally fine, you can absolutely clone the drives and it'll probably work just fine, just be aware that you'll not be getting the best out of your SSD if you go down that route.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

i have a ssd and a hard drive and i want to copy the os onto the new ssd anyone know how i can do this

Hey Themastercpu,

It is recommended to do a fresh install of the OS rather than transfer it or clone it as you might transfer any bad sectors or malware that is already on your old drive. Also it is highly non-recommended to clone a larger drive to a smaller one as some files might be left out. you SSD and HDD manufacturers should have recommended software to do that :) do check their websites. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

thanks everyone i used easeus to clone it as i had a larger ssd than i needed and i went well thanks