Good remedy for a cough?

XTankSlayerX

As some of you may know... I've had a cough for the past 5-6 days at this point.

I've tried: Honey, Cough  Syrup, Tea, Ginger, candies,  cough "candies", vapor, and stuff I cant remember...

What do you use to get rid of a cold?

Keep it serious... Please...

My mother use to use a onion based drink. Kinda like making a ginger tea but with onions. I don't know if there is something else she puts, but you can try that. 

I have to plug my nose because the onion flavor and smell is so strong. :P

Hope you get better.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I'll tag along, i've been having a severe cough lately not to mention the sneezes :P

What i usually do is just take a hot shower (prepare for nose clogging tho) and that holds my cough down for a while. 
 What cough syrup? Try vics dayquil or nightquil (depending on time)

If it lingers for more than 2 weeks, maybe visit a doctor?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

You don't get rid of a cold. Cough drops just get rid of the stuffy nose and that's about it. there's nothing else you can do, the coughing is just a natural reaction to having crap in your throat when you're ill. You can get medicines that suppress the coughing a bit, but they don't erase the problem. I know someone who works in aromatherapy, but those sort of things get rid of the symptoms by basically setting your sinuses on fire.

Just wait it out. You're ill, you have a cold, you'll get better on your own.

If you have other symptoms you could use IP and also if your lung and throat hurt...

If you're coughing up stuff from your stomach obviously use antacid tablets.

Hope you get better bro :D

isn't that vomiting though? Do you mean phlegm from your throat?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Buckles works magic, but you got to hold it down. It's very nasty, like the nastiest of nasty. I tired it and ruined my new carpet.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

If you have other symptoms you could use IP and also if your lung and throat hurt...

Hope you get better bro :D

In my experience antacid tablets make me more phlemy

Ooh another thing, ginger/indian masala-ish tea. Like any tea that's kinda spicy and hot, add honey too. Add things like ginger and stuff. Tastes good, and can really clear your throat/cough

One really helped me a lot when I was coughing up a lung....you get some pre-packaged lemon/ginger tea, slice a clover of garlic add it to the tea and add honey and lemon juice. Sounds really odd but its actually tasty.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Honey with pure lemon juice. You'll pucker like crazy tho.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'll tag along, i've been having a severe cough lately not to mention the sneezes :P

Same, except not as much of sneezing.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Small shot of Scotch, mix with a bit of honey.

Hold it in the back of your throat for a bit, then swallow it slowly.

Edit: just to clarify, good scotch, not cheapo scotch.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Is it more like a chesty cough or dry cough?

If the cough is productive. Your coughing up Fleming or mucus. You can use musinex or musinex dm. It's an expectorant and helps break up the mucous. If it's a dry cough you can use dextromethorphan.

If you've been coughing for more than a week see a doctor.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101