Project Sleipnir

ToroddWold

That looks awesome!

I could use those heatsinks, my ram is g.skill value ram so it doesnt have any heatsinks. Of course I would buy the thermal pads, and pay for the shipping. I will even make  a tutorial on how to make your ram look awesome. lol

That looks awesome!

I could use those heatsinks, my ram is g.skill value ram so it doesnt have any heatsinks. Of course I would buy the thermal pads, and pay for the shipping. I will even make  a tutorial on how to make your ram look awesome. lol

Is it expensive to ship to Walrusland? lol  :P 

Is it expensive to ship to Walrusland? lol  :P 

It depends, if you live in the US it's cheap. If you live in the south pole then yeah, it is pretty expensive haha.

I'm closer to the North Pole....

Sooooooo I'm gonna gues expensive :wacko:

Probably, maybe one day I could take a swim to Norway or something.  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to decide on what colours to use...
I'm going to use black and grey to tie in with the Sleipnir theme, but I'm not sure if I should ad some extra colour and I don't know what colour I should use in my coolant. Originaly 

yPO6hl4.jpg

ewSKras.jpg

iJiAA3p.jpg

Also trying to figure out how to connect all the waterblocks (so many fittings  :mellow: )

Zhc5QoV.jpg

I really like the purple. That would go really well if you use purple coolant and only the two middle wires purple it would look pretty amazing like that i think.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

Looks sick, going to do any bending in those hard pipes?

Looks sick, going to do any bending in those hard pipes?

Thank you  :) 

I'm planning to do some bending, but I'm finding the 12/16 tubing more dificult to work with than the 10/12 I've been using in my previous builds. 

I think I'm going to bend the one going from the left RAM block up to the 320 radiator, think that will look better than those 45 fittings. I'm also going to bend some other places, but I haven't planned anytrhing spesific as of yet.

MOBO loop test

2vDbVJA.jpg

kKjDuMv.jpg

qZhv5Cu.jpg

KNIXvzf.jpg

enfVdGd.jpg

Didn't even know liquid cooled mobos existed.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I'm planning to do some bending, but I'm finding the 12/16 tubing more dificult to work with than the 10/12 I've been using in my previous builds. 

I think I'm going to bend the one going from the left RAM block up to the 320 radiator, think that will look better than those 45 fittings. I'm also going to bend some other places, but I haven't planned anything specific as of yet.

That sounds awesome. I never really liked the look of having a whole bunch of fittings all over in a build; just thought it would look cluttered, but this is beautiful so far. For those stencils are you planning on doing them exactly like that Skyrim build and cover up that beauty of a build?

ajMtYpv.jpg

Hey guys!
progress has been slow on the project, but at least I've made some decisions on what I want.
I'm going with a black, grey and purple colour scheme. I'm going to have the case painted grey (not sure if I should go all grey or just the outer shell)
I've also finnished the Sleipnir logo for the midplate. :D

But I'm not sure what I want on the 5 1/4 plate...Any sugestions?

WM3GgYY.jpg

ajMtYpv.jpg

Hey guys!

progress has been slow on the project, but at least I've made some decisions on what I want.

I'm going with a black, grey and purple colour scheme. I'm going to have the case painted grey (not sure if I should go all grey or just the outer shell)

I've also finnished the Sleipnir logo for the midplate. :D 

But I'm not sure what I want on the 5 1/4 plate...Any sugestions?

WM3GgYY.jpg

Hey great job so far.

Some my suggestion.. i think if you are going to go with purple it should be a pretty dark purple. I think having it too bright would miss the Sleipnir theme.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Which one wold fit the theme best?

flSs2M4.jpg

OR

FTg3Rat.jpg

Horns. Partially because it looks coolest, partially because the triangles are illuminati, and partially because everything's better horny.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I have lots of RAM heatsinks if anyone want some

I'd stick them on my boring crucial sticks lol

Hey great job so far.

Some my suggestion.. i think if you are going to go with purple it should be a pretty dark purple. I think having it too bright would miss the Sleipnir theme.

I agree with you on the shade of purple.

I think it should be dark enough (at least I hope it's dark enough..)

http://i.imgur.com/iJiAA3p.jpg

Woah great (INSTASUB HYPE)

Love this build! The purple was definitely the right call IMHO!

Thank you  :D

I like the horns!

Horns. Partially because it looks coolest, partially because the triangles are illuminati, and partially because everything's better horny.

Both the horns and the triangles are symbols related to Odin, usualy known as The Horns of Odin and Valknut. Sorry no illuminati....

on the note of everything being better horny I think you're right  :P 

the Horns are just a sketch so I'll have to put som e more work into em'

I agree with you on the shade of purple.

I think it should be dark enough (at least I hope it's dark enough..)

http://i.imgur.com/iJiAA3p.jpg

Thank you  :D

Both the horns and the triangles are symbols related to Odin, usualy known as The Horns of Odin and Valknut. Sorry no illuminati....

on the note of everything being better horny I think you're right  :P 

the Horns are just a sketch so I'll have to put som e more work into em'

I would go darker than that if possible.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

ajMtYpv.jpg

I've just ordered two EVGA Titan X Superclocked (my payslip is now gone.. :wacko: )
The midplate for the 900D  should be done in two weeks time :P
I have decided to get a Intel 750 series SSD (probably the 400GB pci-e) 
 NVME HYPE!! :D
Starting working on the sleeving now

The purple looks darker in real life..
DZWndR3.jpg