Project Sleipnir

ToroddWold

ajMtYpv.jpg

Just a small update on my progress with the mobo plate :) 
I still need to make a couple more cutouts for cables

Marked up the screw holes and where the 24pin needs to go through
YRkONmx.jpg

drilling the holes
JwiFSwz.jpg

Rough cutout 
BHRVclD.jpg

The rubber grommet still fitts perfectly
YEFnPkX.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

ajMtYpv.jpg

Painting the plate
OM9qfdY.jpg

Finally got the waterblocks and backplates
seems like they have had problems getting them in stock since the launch of the 980ti (EK using titan x blocks for 980ti)
I don't like that EK chose to go this route, the TITAN X engraving bothers me more than it should... :wacko:

i36LzDQ.jpg

soon I can paint the case

ecTuAuU.jpg

I carbon fiber wraped the MOBO plate I made, still need to make the wires for 2 GPUs and finish the midplate
Still lots of work left..
but it sure is funn :D

BCUbOBK.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ajMtYpv.jpg

Case put back together
828gTr6.jpg

K31aNfA.jpg

almost ready to fill her up
5mi6hZU.jpg

Working into the night
rrONMVk.jpg

started filling

EapsTFM.jpg

Side panel all done (finger print magnet)
spzBFQG.jpg

WOOP WOOP IT'S NOT DEAD, I REPEAT, THE BUILD IS NOT DEAD

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

WOOP WOOP IT'S NOT DEAD, I REPEAT, THE BUILD IS NOT DEAD

:ph34r:

you gonna get an ek block for your ssd?

I considered it, but I really don't want to have to drain my loop for a little while... (the block was released just as I was finishing my loop)

not that the SSD needs cooling... 

I might get one later  :)

Looks great :) How did you make your midplate?

The midplate was made using a 2mm alu plate and a 3mm white plexi plate (actually one 2mm and a 1mm glued togheter)

both were laser cut at a local workshop.

I can get the dimensions if you want, but they're not exact as I had to file some down to get it to fit 

:ph34r:

I considered it, but I really don't want to have to drain my loop for a little while... (the block was released just as I was finishing my loop)

not that the SSD needs cooling... 

I might get one later  :)

The midplate was made using a 2mm alu plate and a 3mm white plexi plate (actually one 2mm and a 1mm glued togheter)

both were laser cut at a local workshop.

I can get the dimensions if you want, but they're not exact as I had to file some down to get it to fit 

Thanks :) i can always measure myself i was just curious because i need to make one for my build still. Pretty close to what i was thinking.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

PROJECT SLEIPNIR BACK ONLINE! HAZZAH!

I've always wondered: Why do people like you have all that advanced machinery necessary for modding? You didn't get it just for modding, did you?

p.s.

The horse is sick

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a nice looking build GZ :)! I´ve had the 900D and it is a very good case, you´ve worked very hard on this to get rid of all the flaws that it has, and done a great job!

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling