REC Loadouts Review and Discussion

CommanderFett

This is for people to discuss the different loadouts that are now available to us to use now that the REC system has been implemented. Please include your ship, gimballed or fixed, and type and quantity of weapon(s).

I'll start this off by saying my all time favorite loadout is 5 gimbaled C-117 Badger Laser Repeaters on a Cutlass Black.

In Vanduul Swarm, it shreds Scavenger and Hunters in seconds (two or three volleys) and Alphas and Primes in a little longer time frame (ten or so volleys).

In Battle Royale, it is also very efficient, ripping through shields and slicing through armor.

Unfortunately, right now I have nothing to add to this, but maybe put [star Citizen] in the title or OP before people start complaining, not knowing what you're talking about ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Unfortunately, right now I have nothing to add to this, but maybe put [star Citizen] in the title or OP before people start complaining, not knowing what you're talking about ;)

People should look at the subsections.

I'll post some when I'm up and running again

People should look at the subsections.

I'll post some when I'm up and running again

They should, but don't :| But it's out of Recent Topics already.

I would love to try out the REC system, though.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

They should, but don't :| But it's out of Recent Topics already.

I would love to try out the REC system, though.

It's a really good idea. It lets you experiment without committing. For example, I attempted a loadout of 5 gimbaled NN-14 Neutron Guns. Horrible idea. Absolutely horrible. In Battle Royale, I one-shotted everything I hit, from Auroras to Super Hornets. The problem? You have to be within 500 meters to get within range and get the aiming pip.

It's a really good idea. It lets you experiment without committing. For example, I attempted a loadout of 5 gimbaled NN-14 Neutron Guns. Horrible idea. Absolutely horrible. In Battle Royale, I one-shotted everything I hit, from Auroras to Super Hornets. The problem? You have to be within 500 meters to get within range and get the aiming pip.

Friends with benefits then?

I wanna try this with the Mustang as it might be a winner

I'll start this off by saying my all time favorite loadout is 5 gimbaled C-117 Badger Laser Repeaters on a Cutlass Black.

In Vanduul Swarm, it shreds Scavenger and Hunters in seconds (two or three volleys) and Alphas and Primes in a little longer time frame (ten or so volleys).

In Battle Royale, it is also very efficient, ripping through shields and slicing through armor.

The sweet spot for my cutlass black (loaner for my blue) is 3 badgers, 2 omniski VI. Can you fit any panthers on a cutlass black now?

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I finally realized my dream of boating four Mantis GT220s and they're awesome!

Of course, aside from testing and dicking around, currently there is no point running anything other than as many Sledges as you can fit, but this will hopefully change by next patch. I've been saying the Sledge II shouldn't be a size 1 weapon since 9.2. And now they actually work, lol!

@Corwin111 Are sledges still better than other available s2 weapons? Also what are their effective range?

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't compete without gimballed weapons (m/kb). Anyone have knowledge on when they release S4->S3 gimbals?

I just can't compete without gimballed weapons (m/kb). Anyone have knowledge on when they release S4->S3 gimbals?

Maybe not for a while, there are no ships currently flyable (i believe) that have any Size 4 mounting slots sooooo with that said there is really no reason to have any S4 Gimbal Mounts.

Maybe not for a while, there are no ships currently flyable (i believe) that have any Size 4 mounting slots sooooo with that said there is really no reason to have any S4 Gimbal Mounts.

Both the Cutlass and Hornets have S4 mounts (S3 gimballed) but the biggest they can fit is S3 (S2 gimballed)

Both the Cutlass and Hornets have S4 mounts (S3 gimballed) but the biggest they can fit is S3 (S2 gimballed)

Oh really? i did not know this.  Well then there you go! :) 

On the Gladius, I find that a triple Sledge II Mass Driver Cannon set up works very efficiently in Battle Royale. Not so well in Vanduul Swarm, due to the limited amount of ammunition and vast amount of targets to be destroyed.

To be more exact, the cutlass black is S3, the blue is S4. Not too sure about the scaling for hornets though.

Still new, but learning

To be more exact, the cutlass black is S3, the blue is S4. Not too sure about the scaling for hornets though.

I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.

That just goes to show how much you will drool over your cutlass blue once it becomes flight ready.

Perhaps we should try to get our fixed weapons and gimbal lock aiming down?

Still new, but learning

That just goes to show how much you will drool over your cutlass blue once it becomes flight ready.

Perhaps we should try to get our fixed weapons and gimbal lock aiming down?

Perhaps. But as it currently stands, gimballed is my golden child.