[Build Log] **White Metropolis** A Water-Cooled Modular CaseLabs S5+Ped Build (Featured Build Log Winner, Possibly for Sale!)

guitarhero23

That car is sooo sexy

Edit: Are BRZ's only blue? lol

No, but the best ones are  :P

No, but the best ones are  :P

Interesting, when i googled BRZ 9 out of 10 of them were that absolutely gorgeous shade of blue

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Interesting, when i googled BRZ 9 out of 10 of them were that absolutely gorgeous shade of blue

Blue is subarus's signature color and silver is the only other option, in most peoples opinion the blue looks better and the most "subaruish".

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Blue is subarus's signature color and silver is the only other option, in most peoples opinion the blue looks better and the most "subaruish".

the Subaru version also comes in black and white. Also I've seen a dark blue. Then you have the scion FR-S which comes in red and orange as different colors also

Acrylic Midplate, 2x Backplates (2 different designs), and PSU cover are being cut tomorrow.  I'm going to experiment and see if I like the look of it being back lit or if I find it too gawdy. Again, I'm going with simplicity and class over IN YOUR FACE themes here.  But noone said a little light can't be classy :)

I have some of this I will test the look of both as it is, and backlit.

24152.jpg?1335203789

If I think it'll be too distracting on the eyes when backlit or not the right blue when on it's own I'll experiment with some printed items as the backing.

I also bought some of this but don't think I'll use it but it looked cool.  (Someone give me an idea on how to use it!)

Mirror Acrylic:

blue.jpg?1335213373

I'll be making major strides tonight and this weekend and will "probably" post a video of the laser cutting work if the gentleman doing it doesn't mind me doing so.

Update:

ki60Xd7.png

Update #6 Laser Cutting + GPU

Did a lot of work today (10 hours) and although I did so much I feel I have so little to show for it!

Anyways. I have done some more painting (had to redo a bunch because I had a couple items fall victim to Plastidip being fragile)

Vgdnn6Nt.jpg

I also figured out my way to sort of "lock in" the pedestal to the s5 with a click in system using....The CaseLabs side panel connections! I had them send me some extras. It works great!

bxtS3Lvl.jpg

xZaiOuyl.jpg

7uMFX2Ul.jpg

jZkh8skl.jpg

Now for the Exciting bit. LASER CUTTING

2q0VXYQh.jpg

WxeC0hqh.jpg

BqV9ufPh.jpg

YXWkzCXh.jpg

ksDw7wGh.jpg

GPU: (Notice the Bitspower logo inside the block, grey matches cables. Silver has been whitened with vinyl.)

pc7O8cJh.jpg

Sxl0onyh.jpg

GseSP8Dh.jpg

2OxbMyYh.jpg

SRFUw90h.jpg

erLV9Dwh.jpg

zb9md6Ph.jpg

Ku8DulCh.jpg

ydtNbs4h.jpg

kizcEIhh.jpg

QaI1gWmh.jpg

1Fhc72Ch.jpg

Lastly here is a little video of the laser cutting. Enjoy!

Nice back plates.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

so the modular system. is it so you can take the pedestal off and leave it at home and the system can still run with out the pedestal? 

so the modular system. is it so you can take the pedestal off and leave it at home and the system can still run with out the pedestal?

Exactly. When I'm done you'll see it even more clearly but I'm going to also make a video showing how easy I'm making it to do. I mean I originally wanted a smaller PC to LAN with because my Thermaltake chase mk...ii? Is annoying to bring. Then I decided I also wanted the cooling power of more rads so I thought, why can't I have both? Just had to get creative with it. My objective was hoping it would take me less than 5 minutes to do. Even 10 isn't too baD Since I don't LAN all the time. After the progress I made today I'm thinking that without rushing I'll be able to do it in 1-2 minutes.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH Man, just received a great email.  Cables are SHIPPED.

He sent me this pic.

11087768_10152801659520205_193803691_o.j

Exactly. When I'm done you'll see it even more clearly but I'm going to also make a video showing how easy I'm making it to do. I mean I originally wanted a smaller PC to LAN with because my Thermaltake chase mk...ii? Is annoying to bring. Then I decided I also wanted the cooling power of more rads so I thought, why can't I have both? Just had to get creative with it. My objective was hoping it would take me less than 5 minutes to do. Even 10 isn't too baD Since I don't LAN all the time. After the progress I made today I'm thinking that without rushing I'll be able to do it in 1-2 minutes.

sounds very cool and it is a great idea for the pedestal and all. 

i have a caselabs s3 and currently my plan is that i will have to take the pedestal with me BUT i am able to take the pedestal and the main case from each other but pump, rad and res is in the pedestal so i can't run the computer at all without the pedestal. it does make it a bit easier to take with me tho. i kinda wanna steal your idea for another caselabs build some time.

With cables arriving Wednesday this is my plan of attack. Nothing is set though so who knows what could happen.

Wednesday:

• Sleeve last Darkside LED cables

• Test idea with cityscape in block

• File down pedestal more

• Test Darkside LED with the smaller strip. Cut holes if needed

• Polish blue acrylic to lightup better?

• Where to put LED strip on PSU if at all

• Do Ensourced cables fit right?

• Plan where the cable manage clips on acrylic will go.

• Cut acrylic for pedestal SATA Power

• Install all Hardware+cables

• Where to fit ModMyToys 5-way

• Vinyl HDD

• Bend PSU Acrylic (If need extra height, can use thick acrylic to raise it up if needed).

Thursday:

• Sleeve Fan Extension Cable

• Start bending easy tubes

Friday:

• More bending!

Taking today off because I am waiting on stuff plus my hands have gotten destroyed from doing a lot lately. (below isn't counting anything before the 9th since I didn't log that)

Date:...............Hours

4/9/2015..................8

4/10/2015................0

4/11/2015................5

4/12/2015................10

4/13/2015................5

4/14/2015................5

4/15/2015................3

4/16/2015................2.5

4/17/2015................2.5

4/18/2015................10

4/19/2015................8.5

4/20/2015................6

Commenting to sub. Enough said.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Commenting to sub. Enough said.

Glad to have you.

Update:

Day off.  Took today off from the build for one of the only days since I started (Although I did technically design the sticker for the HDD which took like 1 hour).  My poor guitar has been sad for a while.

Glad to have you.

Update:

Day off.  Took today off from the build for one of the only days since I started (Although I did technically design the sticker for the HDD which took like 1 hour).  My poor guitar has been sad for a while.

Nice guitar, is it an ibanez? I can't really see very well.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Glad to have you.

Update:

Day off. Took today off from the build for one of the only days since I started (Although I did technically design the sticker for the HDD which took like 1 hour). My poor guitar has been sad for a while.

Wow, dat guitar has swag...

EDIT: and so do you

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Please do. I'll make sure I show closely how I did it and if you ever need clearer pictures of anything be sure to let me know

well my economy wont alow it right now but maybe later this year :) that's very nice of you. i think you idea is very clever from what i can see already and i can't wait to see  the finished product. subbed btw :) 

Nice guitar, is it an ibanez? I can't really see very well.

Head stock isnt very visible but yes. It's a Paul Gilbert signature model from 94. I'm I'm love with it.

Designed a sticker replacement for the HDD's and the PSU, neither of which will really be seen but I'm going for attention to detail here.

jthFCdH.png

wsl4oYF.png

Gave my build an 80 PLUS BLUE rating  :D , we will call it better than titanium rating?

BIG Update:

ki60Xd7.png

Update Time Fella's.

So I got the cables from Ensourced yesterday as well as a small package from PPC's (they forgot to put something in it though :(. I'm being very particular about cable management and keeping everything as clean as possible so I spent a good amount of time figuring out where to run cables and what looks best and also takes up the least amount of room. I'm making it so clean I might have to order an XL window door for the PSU side too, it was originally going to be the side I could be messy.  

Anyway lots of good things got done. See the pictures. I'm keeping a couple items secret until bending starts which "should" be tonight. I will say the mid-plate came out exactly as I hoped it would.  I also bent the acrylic PSU cover I had laser cut.  

fNlDE3Lh.jpg

zfO0zoNh.jpg

Sleeved Darkside LED cables

Ps75ySnh.jpg

0KC5Gw8h.jpg

qi7u43Uh.jpg

Wasn't planning on sleeving these but I was in a good mood and this is probably the point when I decided to go overkill on details

uMgvr8gh.jpg

Ensourced

Qn6MuBfh.jpg

Testing Where light shines, how it fits, and cable routing for them

gDKrqnZh.jpg

TZMnawGh.jpg

c9vUC8ph.jpg

Custom PSU Cover (I'm so glad I didn't mess this up while bending....)

AIqXh8Sh.jpg

TczpkiVh.jpg

b162Qivh.jpg

SBu0yb9h.jpg

OCBkNkrh.jpg

Tlo3qsXh.jpg

]This acrylic sheet I made for the floor here is serving many purposes. Pump Mount, Cable Management, Fan Splitter Mount, Pass Through for cable to pedestal

wjI3ctYh.jpg

Vinyl PSU (Sticker Replacement I'm doing today)

gmZY6L7h.jpg

7wER14Kh.jpg

I can't wait to show you guys the midplate and the PSU cover fully completed with LED's and the safety paper off. Tube bending should start tonight. See you soon!

Update:

ki60Xd7.png

Here is a quick video during the hardline tubing process.  I want to get this done so will wait to post good pictures until then but wanted to updates SOMETHING.

i dont know man that seems kinda akward with the tubing there. can't you just move the rad down by changing the position of the 5,25 bays? the small left over one can go up top instead of down in the bottom and the tube would maybe line up better?

i dont know man that seems kinda akward with the tubing there. can't you just move the rad down by changing the position of the 5,25 bays? the small left over one can go up top instead of down in the bottom and the tube would maybe line up better?

Negative on moving rad. This whole section will be unseen when is all said and done. I'll be posting an update tonight but maybe I'll revisit this when I finish up things. I just see no other option.

Unless I go another $30 for 2 of these or something http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-deluxe-white-enhance-90-degree-dual-multi-link-adapter.html.

Gah maybe I will. Now you've got me thinking about it.