Need some help in Monitor Purchase.~!

Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Aaah. I see. I always thought Display port was a bit better than HDMI... how about the performance and since i do alot of graphical works display port would be nicer right? now i dont really know about this particular part. display port and hdmi cables which ones last long.?

no difference for either, they can both support the same thing, DP I do prefer , but there is nothing wrong with HDMI

Even high end cameras and video recorders use clean HDMI etc

Hey there, So, I'm in the process of completely upgrading my system. And I mean completely because, right now my pc's is basically wreckless.I'm talking dual core processor with 1.3ghz intel motherboard and 2GB DDR2 RAM and Nvidia GT 9600. 

So, basically the point of an absolutely new machine would be for me to find the most elegant, performance active and a real power saver and a real :ph34r:BEAST :ph34r:  as well.I'm talking 4.1 ghz asus motherboard with 16GB DDR3 RAM. and nvidia GTX 970 and improvements in power supply cooling and all those So, Lets start off with the monitor...

Now, I was hoping that I could get an LED 24 inches or more. with built in speakers so i don't need an extra 2.1 or 5.1 speaker sets with woofers and subwoofers so. built in speaker would be absolutely amazing. Now here's what I've found so far:

1). Can't decide whether I should go for displayport or HDMI. because most monitors come with the HDMI sockets instead of the display port. So, let me know on that and.

2). 60.96cm(24) FHD monitor with the Touch of Color - S24D390HL - now that's a machine i was hoping for. but wanted to know about the performance and if you guys suggest me anything newer or better than this one right here and the benefits and well basically as much true info as i can get.

OH and to be fair at this, I'm currently at india, so as you can understand available products would be greatful.! but international products welcome too. I could manage to import them you know.

What do you guys think I should do? Suggestions always welcome. and of course you could be a little sarcastic as well as long as you keep it separate from the actual answer in the reply so i dont be all sheldon cooper like and jumble both items and end up with a cataclysm. 

Thanks guys your the best.~! :)

DP is my favourite.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

DP is my favourite.

What I mean by that is display port is my favourite. Not the other thing... A bit the other thing...

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

SNIP

for 1080p 60fps displayport and HDMI do basically the same thing, there is no real difference

Honestly it depends on your budget as to what we recommend

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What I mean by that is display port is my favourite. Not the other thing... A bit the other thing...

Oh snap, haha. nice save man. :D thanks for the suggestion btw. :) I thought so as well. 

for 1080p 60fps displayport and HDMI do basically the same thing, there is no real difference

Honestly it depends on your budget as to what we recommend

Aaah. I see. I always thought Display port was a bit better than HDMI... how about the performance and since i do alot of graphical works display port would be nicer right? now i dont really know about this particular part. display port and hdmi cables which ones last long.?

no difference for either, they can both support the same thing, DP I do prefer , but there is nothing wrong with HDMI

Even high end cameras and video recorders use clean HDMI etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii