OS cloning tool?

Go_On_Shadow

Migrating from hard hard drive to SSD, any Software that I can use to do it? 

I just felt like I needed somthing here

Clean_Install.exe

e39.png

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

okayguy.jpg

I think there's something that's called EASEUS that works well.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

In all seriousness, you really want to be doing a clean install when moving from HDD>SSD. Simple cloning doesn't take into account the differences and efficiency's that SSD's have. (4096 alignment for instance)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Guys are right. It doesn't take very long to do a clean install of Windows. A few hours and that's it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Guys are right. It doesn't take very long to do a clean install of Windows. A few hours and that's it.

I mean if you don't have 1 kbps down, then it shouldn't take remotely that long. Especially since you are installing on SSD.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I mean if you don't have 1 kbps down, then it shouldn't take remotely that long. Especially since you are installing on SSD.

From start to finish it will take about 3-5 hours. This includes downloading drivers, making boot media, installing OS, installing drivers, installing updates, and installing moderate amount of personal software.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I'd also recommend a clean-install if you can manage that, as it's understandable if you don't have access to recovery media for some reason (there are plenty of legal ways to download Windows ISOs). Depending on the SSD you get, you may get migration software bundled with it (Samsung comes to mind). Otherwise you can try something like Acronis. 

Personally, I'd take the time to make a custom Windows ISO for your particular build to either burn to a DVD (ew) or image to a flash drive, with drivers and updates already loaded, but that will take as much time (usually) as just doing the clean install then loading updates/drivers/additional software anyway. It is handy to have in case you ever need to completely reload your OS again in the future, though.

Migrating from hard hard drive to SSD, any Software that I can use to do it?

I agree with the statement that clean install is the best way to go.

Otherwise, check with the manufacturer of the ssd. I know Samsung has a program to install for cloning.

Wait so im not too into os' but if i have a used key and a reinstallation disc will it let me bypass the stetup or no?

I just felt like I needed somthing here