I got a question.

DaKi_B

Ok so this is a pretty dumb question but better safe than sorry. Is there a difference between the ASUS PG278Q and ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q or is it just a shortened name. I want to get the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q and in the store I want to buy it it's called ASUS PG278Q but on the Asus website it's called ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q. 

They're the same thing. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The differences are probably just CPU/GPU/Ram. Best Buy for instance does this a lot, it's nearly the same laptop just a little different in specs.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

The differences are probably just CPU/GPU/Ram. Best Buy for instance does this a lot, it's nearly the same laptop just a little different in specs.

It's a monitor m8.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

"Professional" Geek

I'm sorry, this is just bad.

This real? 

I really like how this post is about the guy giving the weirdest answer now. Hahahah

Its the same monitor and a very good one at that. Set up mine today and its awesome.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

It's a bit on the expensive side, but if money is no obstacle, it's a pretty good option.

I'm personally a fan of the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch

I heard it was the best gaming monitor at the moment and it's within the range of my budget so I tought I would get it.

It's a bit on the expensive side, but if money is no obstacle, it's a pretty good option.

I'm personally a fan of the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch

I heard it was the best gaming monitor at the moment and it's within the range of my budget so I thought I would get it.

I was thinking about getting a 1080p 144Hz but I thought I should get the best if/while I can.

Sorry for double post forgot to quote.

This real? 

"Professional" Geek

I'm sorry, this is just bad.

It's a monitor m8.

*baffled* wwhat? :blink:

I don't see what you guys are talking about, these are just really advanced displays that some times house all of the parts I have listed. Some are even better than others, it all just kinda depends. 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I don't see what you guys are talking about, these are just really advanced displays that some times house all of the parts I have listed. Some are even better than others, it all just kinda depends.

You realize we are talking about a monitor, not a laptop, right?

You realize we are talking about a monitor, not a laptop, right?

I don't think he does :P

This display doesn't have a CPU or Ram. It does have an additional processor that enables G-Sync, but other than that, this is no laptop.

I heard it was the best gaming monitor at the moment and it's within the range of my budget so I thought I would get it.

I was thinking about getting a 1080p 144Hz but I thought I should get the best if/while I can.

Sorry for double post forgot to quote.

I agree with 1080p 144Hz. 4K content is so hard to render as of yet (Also windows scaling sux). If you're fine with paying upwards of $800, then go for it. You will probably not regret it.