Brand New High End Pc, But Low Performance! WTF?

War_Raider

Here are my specs;

·        ASUS X99 DELXUE                                                                              

·        INTEL İ7 5930K                                                                                    

·        EVGA GTX980 SC ACX 2.0 x 2                                                           

·        EVGA PRO 2-WAY SLI BRİDGE                                                                

·        CORSAİR VENGEANCE LPX 4GB QUAD KİT DDR4 2400MHz           

·        CORSAİR OBSİDİAN 750D CASE                                                           

·        CORSAİR HX850i 850WATT PSU                                                          

·        CORSAİR VENGEANCE M65 GAMİNG MOUSE                                  

·        CORSAİR VENGEANCE 2100 WİRELESS GAMİNG HEADSET            

·        CORSAİR RAPTOR K40 GAMİNG KEYBOARD                                     

·        CORSAİR TRİPLE CHANNEL AİRFLOW RAM COOLER x 2                  

·        CORSAİR SP 120mm FAN x 2                                                            

·        CORSAİR AF 140mm FAN x 3                                                               

·        COOLER MASTER NEPTON 280l                                                          

·        SAMSUNG 840EVO 120GB SSD                                                          

·        SAMSUNG 840EVO 500GB SSD                                                          

Now, i was playing AC Black Flag on ultra settings the other day, and the highest  FPS i was able to get out of it was 30 FPS. WTF?! And when it boots up its a bit too slow imo and there are some stuttering going on even while im on the desktop. When i put this thing together i did everything by the book and been very gentle with each component.

Note: I haven't raided the SSDs and there is no overclocking going on whatsoever. 

yeah there must be a hidden option that caps those fps

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Download 3Dmark Firestrike Demo, run the basic test, and give us your score so we can confirm if you truly have a HW issue or not.

What resolution are you running at? My 2 980s at 1400MHz run Black flag at about 30fps maxed at 4k. At 1080p you shouldn't be having any problems.

Also make sure you have SLI enabled in the NVidia Control Panel.

I havent recieved the second card yet. Im running only on one atm, but even then it shouldnt be that low. Running at 1080P!

Download 3Dmark Firestrike Demo, run the basic test, and give us your score so we can confirm if you truly have a HW issue or not.

Will do!!!

Plse post some 3dmark , valley, cinebench scores.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Have you downloaded all of the drivers for your mobo, cpu and gpu? If not then download them and try it once again

Have you downloaded all of the drivers for your mobo, cpu and gpu? If not then download them and try it once again

As i've said before, everything was done by the book!

As i've said before, everything was done by the book!

Perhaps they installed wrong. Do a clean reinstall of them

Would GFE enable Vsync automatically for that game?

Maybe Nvidia's Driver panel Vsync option isn't set properly...?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I will post the screenshots of my Nvidia Control Panel
image.png

image.png

I will post the screenshots of my Nvidia Control Panel

I'm not a Nvidia user, have no idea what to look for.

But I've been on the forums enough to know this can be an issue with Vsync having the wrong setting in Nvidia's CP.

Another Nvidia user will have better input and known solutions to common problems.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Disable Vsync and run the games you're having problems with in the "Prefer Maximum Performance" settings (instead of Adaptive) to see if that solves the issue. I was just benchmarking AC:Unity today on my own new personal Rig using lesser settings than you and was on the better side of 120 FPS the vast majority of the time at 1440p; though my cards and CPU are custom loop water cooled and cards are both near-perfect ASIC overclocked. Don't have an aggressive overclock on my CPU as I find my Haswell-E gets massive gains at 4.3 but falls off immediately afterwards and requires staggeringly low voltage to maintain 4.3.

Some other options are confirming your GPUs are running at 16x 16x in your BIOS (I've seen a few folks running in a bugged PCIe 1x lane on certain Asus and MSI boards using older BIOS) and also ensure you're not running into thermal issues.

Also; did you just install your OS? Or is it carried over from a previous system?

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

I've installed a new os onto the 120gb ssd, the 500gb ssd im using for games and a hdd for storage purposes. The os is windows 7 64-bit.

I have to say that i kind of regret going for the x99 platform. Could've gone for z97 instead.