Ikea launches wireless charging furniture range

Overl0rd

post-621-0-90466700-1425202638.jpg

As part of its commitment to making homes smarter, IKEA has released new floor, table and work lamps that come with built in wireless charging spots. There's also two bedside tables and a selection of pads that can be bought separately and added to your existing setup."

"If you're wondering whether your smartphone is compatible with IKEA's new range, chances are it probably will be. The retailer supports the Qi standard, which is by far the market leader. If you own an iPhone or one of Samsung's flagship handsets, the company will also sell you a number of wireless charging covers that will let you take advantage of your new power-giving furniture.

The wireless charging lamps and bedside tables will be available to buy in all UK IKEA stores from mid-April, starting at £30. The company has also confirmed that its new range will debut in US stores at the same time, but pricing will be announced in the near future."

This could very well be the real breakthrough of wireless charging! :D

Hopefully Apple will soon integrate wireless charging as well; a snap-on case isn't exactly ideal.

post-621-0-18173700-1425202836.jpg

post-621-0-16296300-1425202851.jpg

post-621-0-63718200-1425202879.jpg

SOURCE:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11440557/Ikea-launches-wireless-charging-furniture-range.html
http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/28/ikea-wireless-charging/

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I was on the Ikea website for 2 days and there was some leaks with wireless charging, stupid as I am I didn't post it *facepalm*

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

lhjhbB9.gif

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Very neat.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

poor old Australia wont get it for another 10 years i bet.

I went into ikea on the weekend to buy one of there new adjustable desks and we don't get them till august :(

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Typical brilliant and intelligent Swedes. One of my most-appreciated races, the Scandinavians :P

This is SUCH an amazingly great idea. I always fathomed wireless charging, but couldn't justify spending the money on the ridiculously overpriced dedicated charging stations. However with Ikea's actually great quality and the fact you're actually getiing something besides the charger, it makes 100% sense. 

9c4KRaycE.jpeg

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Lol they owe linus royaltys as he had this idea months ago on the wan show :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Holy crap! this is awesome, at a reasonable pice too?? i will definitely be look at these,... 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Nice. Those lamps are pretty ugly, but i'm sure wireless charging will come to more lines of their products

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

But you will need that one screw... Jokes aside, actually a friend of mine built in a wireless pad into his table with that works well, but this is much better, gotta get that night stand there, because reasons.

Potential drawbacks could arise from the increased electromagnetic radiation especially if it is a lamp on your bedside close to your head. I remember watching this news feature a while ago about a family living across the road to an electricity grid transformer and it was causing their children severe and frequent migraines and headaches. After some investigation they even found that an alarm clock within a certain proximity (I think it was like 20-30cm if I recall correctly) can exhibit dangerous levels for long term exposure (months and years).

It's innovative but the technology is still in its infancy.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

I'm glad that someone has finally done this. It would be cool though if they could stealth it and cover over the charging surface without reducing it's effectiveness and hide the puck thing.

@LinusTech, your smart lamp is becoming a reality!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking