Headphone help

pagani123

hello

i have been trying to pick out new headphones for a while now. i have yet to find anything i like so i am coming to the forum for some help i would like them to be over ear around 300 dollars comfortable and have great audio. (not sure why you would not want to have great audio but i added that in anyways)

thanks

maybach123

[edit] also should be open back 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

anything sennheiser.

i have the hd439 and they are over ear and sound great for much less...anything from their lineup is pretty much solid

hey there, 

where do you wanna use em, at home? and what do you listen to? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

hello

i have been trying to pick out new headphones for a while now. i have yet to find anything i like so i am coming to the forum for some help i would like them to be over ear around 300 dollars comfortable and have great audio. (not sure why you would not want to have great audio but i added that in anyways)

thanks

maybach123

Have you tried anything yet or just read about them? If yes to the first then what have you tried and if yes to the second what have you looked at

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

hey there, 

where do you wanna use em, at home? and what do you listen to? 

at home listing to pretty much everything i hate the large amount of bass in most headphones 

music i listen to is mostly soft rock and classic rock like the Beatles 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

at home listing to pretty much everything i hate the large amount of bass in most headphones 

music i listen to is mostly soft rock and classic rock like the Beatles 

have you read about them much? do you know about open and closed designs? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Have you tried anything yet or just read about them? If yes to the first then what have you tried and if yes to the second what have you looked at

sadly i don't have any real audiophile stores around me so i only have the beats like headphones at best buy and those other big stores 

Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones are very good and comfortable. I find the bass to be perfect for the music youre listening to. Not muddy or overwhelming. I also like the Beyerdynamic DT 770 but the bass might be too much for you. I like it and it sounds nothing like the crap bass you get from beats but it is a little on the strong side while listening to the Beatles. For me its good. But might not be for you. I've also listened to the Sennheiser hd 598 and they too sound good for soft rock/classic rock but I find the bass to be lacking. But you might like them cause of the weak bass. 

For me and for that type of music I would go with the Creative Aurvana Live!. And if buying in the US you can get them for about $70 off amazon. And amazon has a good return policy so if you dont like them just send them back :). But I think you would like them. Read up on the reviews 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Another vote for the Phillips Fidelio X2.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

FWIW,I think $300 is way too much for headphones unless your using them in a professional setting, I recommend the Sennheiser HD 598 these will work well with the type of music you listen to and if you don't mind a closed back the Sennheiser Momentum is really good in aesthetics and sound.

FWIW,I think $300 is way too much for headphones unless your using them in a professional setting, I recommend the Sennheiser HD 598 these will work well with the type of music you listen to and if you don't mind a closed back the Sennheiser Momentum is really good in aesthetics and sound.

Read: i dont want to or cant spend $300 on a headphone

That's what you were trying to say, not OP

It was just my opinion on $300 headphones and no I don't want to spend that much on headphones.

It was just my opinion on $300 headphones and no I don't want to spend that much on headphones.

In terms of headphones, that's relatively cheap.  There are much more expensive headphones out there.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

What makes $300 headphones absurd, but $200 headphones so recommendable?

You won't be able to get into an audio sub-forum saying $300 isn't worth it without getting flamed. Almost all regulars have $300++ headphones or have spent more than that 

Aren't like all of our favorite headphones to recommend to other people like around $300?

It's a sweet spot, to be sure.

Aren't like all of our favorite headphones to recommend to other people like around $300?

$300-500 headphones, you could stop there happily