Well they were three separate purchases. Two of those would be for one SelectTech 1090s, and the other one would be for a SelectTech Bench 5.1. I had to do them separately so I could have three separate receipts (long story).

It worked.

Lithium Ion batteries don't perform well in the cold, so I'd imagine they wouldn't do that well :(

There are hacks available to solve this problem.

Like insulating tape, and those chemical handwarmers.

The weight would mess it up though, and too much heat is bad.

That's to bad, on the other hand ski hills near me are plenty warm right now (grrr Whister :angry:)  so maybe it is the perfect time for this sort of thing!

I hope you guys will use this (or something newer and better) when you eventually show off the new office!

Yeah, it would be nice to see the new office via a drone

I was in the market for a drone but the Parrot AR didn't really appeal to me. This however does. It's a really well shot and well done video!

Question is, do I really need it? I'd definitely order it on Amazon using the referral link, but I'd need to get an iPad or something too (been kind of meaning to, but it's a bit of a big investment)

Anyone know if Parrot has any type of warranty on it? Just out of curiosity.

Love quadcopters. Their stability and smooth operation just kinda removes that chaotic, almost slapstick experience you get with most RC vehicles. Even the various fuel powered RCs I've owned give that "BRRREEEEE *spin in circles 50 times by accident, rip off in another direction, zip back, roll over and break something, GG order replacement parts* kinda feel. Don't get me wrong, tons of fun for the 5 minutes it lasts, but y'know. :P

littleRed

CPU Intel i7 4790k Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero RAM 32GB G Skill RipjawsX GPU EVGA Titan X Cooling Corsair H105 Case Corsair 760t Black PSU EVGA 1000P2

Storage Boot Samsung Evo 850 256GB Programs Samsung Evo 840 1TB Data WD Black 2TB Display BenQ XL2420G Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Razer Death Adder OS Windows 10

Thank you Linus for announcing when the Scrap Yard Wars finale is taking place. Multiple part videos are not that bad when they are regular and the audience knows when a new one is coming out.  

What's the battery life like though? I can imagine if you fly it at 150m it drains pretty fast.

I tried to use the tunnel bear code but it said it was expired or invalid...

Our cards are in HC

Fixed :P

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'm kind of dissapointed in the video quality. It could be YouTube, but still.

The thing itself is super awesome, but too expensive for me.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

Lithium Ion batteries don't perform well in the cold, so I'd imagine they wouldn't do that well :(

The ones Parrot uses wouldn't, since they aren't that good.

I fly my DJI Phantom in Edmonton winters, I still get a good 15+ minutes out of the battery and if I need to I simply place a hand warmer pack on the underside to keep the battery warm.

I highly suggest you try and get a Inspire 1 or event a Phantom Vision 2+. DJI makes Parrot look like the toys they are with significantly better range and video capabilities. Trust me, You get your hands on a Phantom you'll never go back and you guys might even start using one to film LTT stuff, it's really just that good.

I was in the market for a drone but the Parrot AR didn't really appeal to me. This however does. It's a really well shot and well done video!

Question is, do I really need it? I'd definitely order it on Amazon using the referral link, but I'd need to get an iPad or something too (been kind of meaning to, but it's a bit of a big investment)

Don't get the Parrot, get a Phantom instead. Phantom 2 with Zenmuse + GoPro if you want the best aerial video platform OR a Vision 2 if you want the same first person view experience of the Parrot right out of the box. I suggest the first since your range will be far longer and you can still add FPV, but it will be more expensive.

I strongly suggest you practice on a smaller Quadcopter first. Like those mini nano ones. It's a must that you be able to fly a drone without any assists before you jump to a GPS stabilized one.

Don't get the Parrot, get a Phantom instead. Phantom 2 with Zenmuse + GoPro if you want the best aerial video platform OR a Vision 2 if you want the same first person view experience of the Parrot right out of the box. I suggest the first since your range will be far longer and you can still add FPV, but it will be more expensive.

I strongly suggest you practice on a smaller Quadcopter first. Like those mini nano ones. It's a must that you be able to fly a drone without any assists before you jump to a GPS stabilized one.

I've got a quadcopter first, it's a toygrade one. I was able to fly it but the reception and stuff was absolute shit. I'm not looking for the best video platform, I'm more just looking for something that can deliver HD (1080p is nice) video for fun/filming random things. The parrot bebop seems to fit those requirements, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to fly it easily.

I do a little bit of parkour with my friends and this could be a nice solution for tracing long paths!

It's a little pricy but i think it's worth it! Great video as always!

I've got a quadcopter first, it's a toygrade one. I was able to fly it but the reception and stuff was absolute shit. I'm not looking for the best video platform, I'm more just looking for something that can deliver HD (1080p is nice) video for fun/filming random things. The parrot bebop seems to fit those requirements, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to fly it easily.

Its an incredibly "stupid" platform in the sense that anyone can fly it, its so stabilized. But that also makes a dead end for anything more advanced. The main limitation is going to be range, its usually best to have a 2.4GHz band AND a 5.8GHz to handle control and video respectively, these all in one units combine everything to a single band which diminishes range. 

Its a nice enough drone, but for what they charge you're only a couple hundred off a Phantom 2 Vision which will be much better for you, just my thoughts. 

If you made it to the end of the vid u will see Linus trying to destroy a 900$ worth of gadget which is...AWESOME! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

awwww envy toy..i can imagine having this during island hopping tours

Nice RC toy i have AR drone 2.0 but replace part in Finland is difficult to find

Exsampe like new 4 rotor set cost in germany or england 10e but post shipping cost same or moor and if it outside of EU toll cost even more

Finland has many places were you can buy new fullAR drone 2.0 or this new Bebop but NO replace part  :(

And i thing this is too expensive for what it is 

Drone cost 529,90 € or Parrot Bebop Drone + Skycontroller  999,00 € 

As much as everyone would like to see Linus review a Phantom 2, I'd much rather see them review a 3D Robotics IRIS+. Similar pricing all things included but much more modular, a better but optional gimbal, and extensive app suite. Either way they'd need a third party optic.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Man, the Bebop looks like a ton of fun to use. I've wanted to get into drones for some time now, but 900 dollars is a lot to drop on something.

What goes here again?

Linus, it looks like you had tons of fun making this video, but perhaps before you make the next drone video, you should make sure you don't break the law (repeatedly)while you do so

Ouch! I thought the US laws that are starting to become more strict were bad...... Too many grey areas and blanket laws IMO. (the US laws arent much better, just, less of them :P)

DJI Phantom

It's funny, alot of quadcopter/FPV crowd here in the US tends to hate Phantom owners...mostly because they are so powerful and good, but also so well marketed. Kinda like Apple, everyone thinks "that white one with red stripes" whenever you say "drone". So, you end up with folks making the rest of the community look bad, by flying them downtown new york, crashing into cars, hurting people, buzzing homes, etc etc. Oh, and crashing in the white house lawn....

Not saying anything against you or what you said, just mentioning the "weather here in the US". Interesting times for RC owners. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200