Zelda Wii U’s Open World Is as Big as the System Can Handle

Mystical

“A huge, seamlessly unfolding world is something that can’t be achieved if the hardware isn’t advanced enough,” Aonuma told Gamereactor Magazine. “Ever since we made the very first generation of Legend of Zelda games though, we’ve had as large a world as can be realized with the hardware, so you could say it was inevitable that we’ve now done the same with the new Wii U title.”

From what we have personally seen, it seems like the game is an open-world game. Aonuma, however, takes issue with that description, not because it’s inaccurate, but because “Zelda games have always allowed you to roam and explore a huge world.”

Aonuma claims that the open world seen in this game from that of previous Zeldas is that it’s now one seamless world. “What’s changed now is that the hardware has progressed to the point that you can now explore this vast world seamlessly; the underpinning of the game hasn’t changed,” he clarified.

Source

I guess this means that they are going to optimize the game like crazy? I thought when it comes to exclusives they optimize the game for the console anyway?

"As big as the Wii U can handle"

Not that big then?

Haha, Jk, corious to see what they do... The game dosnt look amazing either in terms of graphics but i want to see how that turns out.

Not that big then?

Haha, Jk, corious to see what they do... The game dosnt look amazing either in terms of graphics but i want to see how that turns out.

Well at least they're doing an aesthetic that the Wii U can handle @1080p *cough* *cough* xb-1 + ps4.

Personally I think the graphics are pretty good. No so bad that they detract from the overall experience. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Source

I guess this means that they are going to optimize the game like crazy? I thought when it comes to exclusives they optimize the game for the console anyway?

Typically then do optimize the game as much as they can. They typically push the engine (software) as much as the hardware can typically. You can also push the hardware and engine much higher and get each component to work well with each other.

The problem is when pushing the engine to optimize with hardware is quite hard. So optimizing the engine and making the code “work well” with the game is harder. Sorry if im not making sense, trying to make really simple and short lol.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Not that big then?

The Wii U isn't a graphical powerhouse, nor should they attempt to market it like one. Just make fun games that have a fitting art style, let the rest take care of itself. A gorgeous game that plays like shit is going to be a shit game at the end of the day, no matter how many FPSs and lines of resolution its got. 

The Wii U isn't a graphical powerhouse, nor should they attempt to market it like one. Just make fun games that have a fitting art style, let the rest take care of itself. A gorgeous game that plays like shit is going to be a shit game at the end of the day, no matter how many FPSs and lines of resolution its got.

*cough* The Evil Within *cough*

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I think that's the main issue I have with the PS4 and XBox One. Other than the price. It's the fact that if Sony and Microsoft were just honest about the shortcomings, I don't think people would care. They're supposed to be budget, we know a PC is potentially better and that you get what you pay for. But the fact that all of the marketing is in how "powerful" they are, that the graphics are always set so ridiculously high that framerate and resolution really suffer -- but as long as the screenshots look good most people only find this out after buying.

I would still imagine that even with the Wii U limitations they have met, the world will be very open.

I wish I had a Wii U. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

this is such an annoyingly vague meaningless attribute, its like saying i can run as fast as i can.

this is the least i can expect

the Wii U can handle @1080p unlike'*cough* *cough* xb-1 + ps4.

I think we better wait on the official number there, im not expecting it to be 1080p on final release, and they've never said anything to the effect that it would be 1080

Also *cough* there are two PS4 games that are not 1080 *cough*

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Wish GTA V, Watch_Dogs, The Crew, H1Z1 etc. did the same for pc :(

I would love to see a game so damn good that ingame world would equal to 25% of the size of the Earth.

The only game that comes to my mind would be the probably upcoming "Identity" by Altis Life mod creators. But no game has ever had Milions unique players :(

Thats how i imagine the future of gaming. Perfect replica of real world.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE