Two PC One Headphone

ArifBrick
Is it possible to connect one headphone to two computers using 3.5 1 male to 2 female splitter?

something like this :

post-55081-0-75914600-1422339137_thumb.j

It is easier to learn 3D modelling from the internet if I have two monitors. But I only got one monitor and one unused laptop.

I want to use my laptop to view the tutorials, while my desktop pc to do the 3D modelling, but it is cumbersome if i have to swap headphones jack between the two PCs just to change audio source.

Would this works?

That wouldnt Work. One is a microphone jack and the other is sound

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Is it possible to connect one headphone to two computers using 3.5 1 male to 2 female splitter?

something like this :

attachicon.gif35mmAudioJackSplitter.JPG

It is easier to learn 3D modelling from the internet if I have two monitors. But I only got one monitor and one unused laptop.

I want to use my laptop to view the tutorials, while my desktop pc to do the 3D modelling, but it is cumbersome if i have to swap headphones jack between the two PCs just to change audio source.

Would this works?

That one there isn't a headphone splitter, I believe it takes a 4 pole connector (one that contains a mic) and splits it up into two 3pole connectors.

You need to find a y splitter that just splits the audio.

You could check out belkin rockstar, but quality will be sacrificed.

You'll have to use a aux cable to connect it to the 2nd device.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

The right way to go is to get an audio mixer.

The dirty and cheap way to go is to get an interconnect mini stereo to mini stereo (3.5mm to 3.5mm). Plug the audio out of the laptop to line in of PC. PC's soundcard/onboard got a built-in audio mixer. After that, just plug the headphone to PC audio out, and you should be able to hear sounds from the 2 computers.

AB switch or Mixer... that's what I can think of...

The AB switch is cheap (you can DIY one), the mixer, not so cheap...

Note: The AB switch will only connect one device at a time, but removes the hassle of having to pull out each time you want to switch, the mixer on the other hand can play back both sources at the same time...

Edit 2: Or use cheap earbuds for one device and over-ears on the other and wear them both... that was how I rolled when playing games on my desktop and watching stuff on my laptop...

Just plug one computer's output into another's line-in....  :huh:

This is the easiest approach.  Use a Single 3.5mm male to dual 3.5mm female(in case you want to use speakers as well) or Male to male cable from the Front OUT of the one PC and route it into the Line IN of your PC(Un-mute Line IN under Windows Audio Mixer)

something like this :

35mmAudioJackSplitter.JPG

Would this works?

A free solution

Running a duo monitor setup? xD

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)