[Rumor] BLX to buy AMD

CoolaxGaming

BLX and AMD have cooperated before not that most people would notice.... 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Never heard of them.

And I doubt AMD is up to be sold, at least not yet.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If AMD gets bought, intel has all rights to revoke their x86 licence (might even be a part of the licence as a condition, to not be bought) so lets just brush this one off as we have the Qualcomm and the others before ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Rumour: Best Buy to buy AMD

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Rumour: Best Buy to buy AMD

Well we could say it would be a

*puts shades on*

BestBuy

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

BLX is pretty much owned by the Chinese government. Let's see how well that will go over with Intel and the U.S. Government when they try to re-license x86 after the buyout. Lisa Su has only been CEO for a few months now. We all know she's not ready to sell out the company.

Samsung please buy AMD /thread.

If AMD gets bought, intel has all rights to revoke their x86 licence (might even be a part of the licence as a condition, to not be bought) so lets just brush this one off as we have the Qualcomm and the others before ;)

/thread

Total BS, it's not even in WCCF... owai. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

This might really be good for AMD. They might get some more money for R&D.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Fake rumor is probably fake

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I have never heard of BLX. I guess I hope this doesnt happen pending a bit more info.

Who is buying what?

Never heard of them.

Its a joke...Never heard of BLX for reals though.

Although knowing you people that joke is probably

enough to start a flame war...

j6h7jm.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'd rather AMD not get bought out by any company. Especially from any of the ones working on ARM. (Samsung, Qualcomm, etc.)

I have really high hopes for AMD as it is, and really hope Carrizo gain them the traction they need.

Not just that, Samsung has pools of money, and don't they have a 14nm fabrication process in place? Or something along those lines.

I think they do, but it may be NAND flash or ARM CPUs, each of which are much more basic to produce than "high performance" x86 designs.

samsung buying AMD sounds more viable, if AMD does get bought at all

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I think they do, but it may be NAND flash or ARM CPUs, each of which are much more basic to produce than "high performance" x86 designs.

Ah, right. I forgot about that, good point.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Anyway, if 3xxX series is going to be as good as they claim, they will be debt free in a matter of months.

What could possibly give you this idea?

AmD raked in 5.5 billion last year with a 400m dollar loss and have 2b in debt, you thinK a new consumer gpu could earn them not only 2 billion dollars, but 2 billion in profit? In a matter of months

You must be an expert in the Industry with that kind of insider knowledge.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

What could possibly give you this idea?

AmD raked in 5.5 billion last year with a 400m dollar loss and have 2b in debt, you thinK a new consumer gpu could earn them not only 2 billion dollars, but 2 billion in profit? In a matter of months

You must be an expert in the Industry with that kind of insider knowledge.

Easy, AMD has been behind Nvidia for years, now they're making it sound like 3xxX isn't just going to beat the 980, but slaughter and humiliate it. Under such circumstances, not even the most stubborn Nvidia fanboy on the planet is going to pass up an AMD GPU.

Then there's mobile Carrizo as well.

Of course AMD are losing money when they're trailing in performance in literally everything. And when I say months, I mean 9-12 months.

I'm just saying, 3xxX can't be as amazing as they claim if acquisition rumors are popping up now of all times. It means they overhyped it to make themselves look pretty for Samsung/ BLX/ whomever else may be interested.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Under such circumstances, not even the most stubborn Nvidia fanboy on the planet is going to pass up an AMD GPU.

I'm just saying, 3xxX can't be as amazing as they claim if acquisition rumors are popping up now of all times. It means they overhyped it to make themselves look pretty for Samsung/ BLX/ whomever else may be interested.

I think you overestimate the size of the consumer market for gpus

Nvidia only pulled in 1b in revenue in q4 and 100m in profit, at those margins (better than AMDs) they would have to sell 10-20x the gpus in order to make 2b in profit,

both companies combined don't sell 20b dollars in gpus

Also on your first point, I can guarantee plenty of people would not upgrade to whatever new amd gpu, I for one dont spend $500+ on gpus more lIke 250, so it's not about Stubbornness for me, it's about the fact that it wouldn't be worth it for someone with a brand new gpu to upgrade

And it's not like this new card will be cheap, when amd is ahead they price like Nvidia, remember that there were $1000+ AMD cpus in 2003

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I think you overestimate the size of the consumer market for gpus

Nvidia only pulled in 1b in revenue in q4 and 100m in profit, at those margins (better than AMDs) they would have to sell 10-20x the gpus in order to make 2b in profit,

both companies combined don't sell 20b dollars in gpus

Also on your first point, I can guarantee plenty of people would not upgrade to whatever new amd gpu, I for one dont spend $500+ on gpus more lIke 250, so it's not about Stubbornness for me, it's about the fact that it wouldn't be worth it for someone with a brand new gpu to upgrade

And it's not like this new card will be cheap, when amd is ahead they price like Nvidia, remember that there were $1000+ AMD cpus in 2003

You are completely forgetting the generation sweep going through the gaming industry right now, with games like Dying Light, The Witcher 3 and Star Citizen proving that 2GB VRAM is obsolete for 1080p. This coming year and a half will see an explosive growth in sale of top end GPUs, more so than back when Crysis came out.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Dying Light, The Witcher 3 and Star Citizen proving that 2GB VRAM is obsolete for 1080p. This coming year and a half will see an explosive growth in sale of top end GPUs, more so than back when Crysis came out.

See you may say that,but I think lower tier graphics cards are more relevant than ever, with cards like the 750ti being outfitted with 2gb of ram, and much better performance than lore end cards of yester

I agree on high end ultra settinus 2gb is over, we knew that almost a year ago on watch dogs launch, but I am going to get the most out of my investment and I believe the large majority will be on my side,just turning down some settings instead of getting new gpus

Also star citizen isnt a great benchmark by my standards it's a small time niche game designed to push hardware to the limit, it's definitely not somethings I'd upgrade for, since it's intentionally demanding, and it's not even close to being finished, if it ever will be

Lastly we have no idea what TW3s VRAM profile will look like, they recommend a 770, which is 2 gig card so it probably isn't that obsolete