Opinions on the HP Stream 13 Laptop

Circut

You have no idea what I've been able to find. 

Like this gem right here. Very seriously considering selling my laptop and buying this.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sys/4827424724.html

Also, by chance, do you want my laptop? It's a Lenovo S210 Touch with 8GB RAM upgrade. I'd sell for 200 (it's a bit rough around the edges cuz I lost a couple screws when putting in the RAM...)

It looks like a good deal! The grammer made me cringe a little though lol.

And let me look into it a little, but yeah i will consider it!

You have no idea what I've been able to find. 

Like this gem right here. Very seriously considering selling my laptop and buying this.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sys/4827424724.html

Also, by chance, do you want my laptop? It's a Lenovo S210 Touch with 8GB RAM upgrade. I'd sell for 200 (it's a bit rough around the edges cuz I lost a couple screws when putting in the RAM...)

Honestly from what i saw it looks like a nice laptop! If you don't mind me asking, why are you wanting to sell it?

Also would you happen to have any pictures of it? Only if its convenient of course!

It looks like a good deal! The grammer made me cringe a little though lol.

And let me look into it a little, but yeah i will consider it!

I cringed at the grammar too, lol.

If you want anything else I can provide it for you. It comes with Windows 8 if I ship it to you (not 8.1 because factory reset is dumb).

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Honestly from what i saw it looks like a nice laptop! If you don't mind me asking, why are you wanting to sell it?

Also would you happen to have any pictures of it? Only if its convenient of course!

I need a bigger screen for comp science and a better CPU for the amount of multitasking in comp science alone. 

Well, I don't have my halfway-decent camera with me ATM. Basically, think this.

I removed the stickers that have the Intel labeling and Lenovo adstuffs on it.

There's like two/three screws missing from the bottom because I lost them :(

and the hinge is slightly funky because of the screw not being tightened in internally which I think can be fixed but I'm not sure. It still closes without trouble and goes to sleep when closed. Just a tiny gap in closing. Obviously, it's been used for a year so it's not perfect. But it has been carried in a laptop case all it's life so it's been treated well where it counts :)

EDIT: I can do super crappy phone pictures (like 360p right here) if you want them :)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I need a bigger screen for comp science and a better CPU for the amount of multitasking in comp science alone. 

Well, I don't have my halfway-decent camera with me ATM. Basically, think this.

I removed the stickers that have the Intel labeling and Lenovo adstuffs on it.

There's like two/three screws missing from the bottom because I lost them :(

and the hinge is slightly funky because of the screw not being tightened in internally which I think can be fixed but I'm not sure. It still closes without trouble and goes to sleep when closed. Just a tiny gap in closing. Obviously, it's been used for a year so it's not perfect. But it has been carried in a laptop case all it's life so it's been treated well where it counts :)

EDIT: I can do super crappy phone pictures (like 360p right here) if you want them :)

Nah its fine!

Just out of curriosity is this the laptop?

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-59387503-11-6-Inch-Touchscreen/dp/B00F32ZB68

I cringed at the grammar too, lol.

If you want anything else I can provide it for you. It comes with Windows 8 if I ship it to you (not 8.1 because factory reset is dumb).

Never mind that one has 4 gbs of ram.

Would you mind if i thought about it for a day or so? I am honestly very interested in it though, thank you very much!

Nah its fine!

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-59387503-11-6-Inch-Touchscreen/dp/B00F32ZB68

Yep! That's the one!

Yours will be pretty much that with 8GB of RAM and some screws loose :P

Never mind that one has 4 gbs of ram.

Would you mind if i thought about it for a day or so? I am honestly very interested in it though, thank you very much!

Mine came with 4GB and I upgraded it to 1600 MHz CL11 8GB RAM.

But yeah! You can sit on it for a bit if you want! Shop around :)

Mine came with 4GB and I upgraded it to 1600 MHz CL11 8GB RAM.

But yeah! You can sit on it for a bit if you want! Shop around :)

Out of curriosity, how much would you want me to pay for shipping and all of that. I live in Indiana.

Out of curriosity, how much would you want me to pay for shipping and all of that. I live in Indiana.

I have literally no clue what it costs xD

I'd probably just have you pay for whatever speed shipping you wanted. If you wanted super fast shipping I'd pay for it upfront and tell you how much it added to the price for example.

I have literally no clue what it costs xD

I'd probably just have you pay for whatever speed shipping you wanted. If you wanted super fast shipping I'd pay for it upfront and tell you how much it added to the price for example.

Sounds fair to me!

Thank you for all of the help! :)

Let me think about it for a little but it sounds like a great deal!

Nah its fine!

The link is in his post, that laptop isn't it, sorry.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The link is in his post, that laptop isn't it, sorry.

He's talking about my laptop which isn't that Dell.

My laptop is the Lenovo he linked.

He's talking about my laptop which isn't that Dell.

My laptop is the Lenovo he linked.

Ah okay. My bad. :blush:

No problem. I can see the confusion. I'll go edit that out.

Yeah, twas confuseling. Good idea! :)

Would not recommend HP stream, maybe a chrome book?

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I have a Toshiba Chromebook 2 and it's awesome, 4GB Ram, and a 1080p IPS Display. $329

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Hey guys, i'm looking for a laptop for school. I saw that pc mag had this on their top laptops especially for a budget.

I wanted to know your opinions though. I would use it mostly for school, so for microsoft word and such, web browsing, and probably some movies and what not.

Here is the amazon link  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O65HZKS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and the pc mag link 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2472573,00.asp#disqus_thread

Thank you guys ahead of time!

I thought the HP Stream 13 looked pretty interesting after watching Austin Evans look at it (http://youtu.be/-fFB-cFLhhs).

Sure it's not a top performer, but for the price and the low power consumption, all while still running full windows 8.1 is pretty interesting (to me at least). My current laptop, ASUS N82J, is great but it's a battery hog and only last about 2 hours before it needs a charge.

Something small but still fairly capable, that has a days worth of battery life is pretty appealing to me. I don't NEED one, but kinda want to pick one up.