First ever YELLOW Corsair 780T monster rig

dolanmiu

Corsair may have discontinued their yellow version of their 780T case!!!

I was really upset as I wanted to build one for my brother as a Christmas present...so I had to improvise.

Specs:

Case: Corsair 780T White

Spray paint: Canbrush Spray Paint C12 Yellow

Processor: Intel i7 4790K

Memory: Avexir Blitz 8GB (Yellow)

GPU 1: Radeon R9 290

GPU 2: Radeon R9 290

GPU 3: Radeon R9 290

Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPower OC Edition

Power supply: Corsair AX1200i

SSD: Kingston 128GB SSD

HDD: Western Digital 512GB

Watercooling kit: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX420

Watercooling liquid: Mayhem Pastel Yellow

Watercooling Misc: XSPC Compression fittings

Parts

x3a8sy.jpg

5lw6tw.jpg

izulhz.jpg

ajqzo2.jpg

Painting

First, I bought a white version, and suitable spray paint. I had to disassemble the white parts from the metal chassis, so that I could isolate the painting, otherwise I would have to use masking tape to block off all the parts I didn't want sprayed, which is not ideal. After It's sprayed, I assembled the parts back together. 

21axx0p.jpg

sli3xu.jpg

zu5hty.jpg

2ce4rom.jpg

15irrb.jpg

e0g4g2.jpg

2pyxpaw.jpg

znad5v.jpg

28s7yo2.jpg

22zus0.jpg

148ouf6.jpg

1z6a82p.jpg

2gvse9h.jpg

244whg0.jpg

Doesn't look too bad right? First time I painted anything. Could've gone a lot worse. After this experience, I can also appreciate why people get hooked on solvents. I then cut up the tubing for the watercooling...and messed up.

Painting the LED

Yes I even painted the LED to make it fit the colour scheme...Turns out that doesn't work, as the original colour still shows through, so I bought new LEDs

2626z9x.jpg

A few hacks

The radiator doesn't actually fit in this case, and it was far too late to order a new one, and I couldn't exchange one either (because corsair promised to release the yellow version of this case around October, and even now, there is no word... so I had to have my parts laying around for 3 months, which exceeded the refund date) *hate intensifies*

I had to drill a few holes in this case to accomodate for the bigger triple 140mm rad, and I had to bend the CD drive bay a little so the reservoir can fit. I'm not sure why the reservoir wasn't made to fit all case sizes.

98yq8p.jpg

zjdt8o.jpg

Water blocks on the graphics cards

There are three graphics cards, so I had to buy 3 water blocks. This was my first time even attempting to take apart a graphics card, so it was quite daunting.

1zx2ngh.jpg

kd8r5c.jpg

k30k7k.jpg

audumq.jpg

Water cooling tubing

I couldn't find any shops with the correct PVC tubing, and ordering online would mean the project would be delayed until after Christmas which will ruin the whole thing, so I had to improvise... deduct 3 points from me.

29p93xl.jpg

nlosxj.jpg

Assembly and water cooling

This was probably the most stressful part as there were leaks as I didn't screw in the bolts tight enough. I left the loop running for 3 hours to see if there were any potential leaks.

3128v2f.jpg

2ujh06p.jpg

2n8xyz6.jpg

2r4ltp2.jpg

2h5ib9i.jpg

Result

15n4z10.jpg

15mzbwm.jpg

of80hj.jpg

Glamour shots

Pictures include the external shots on both sides, and internal shot with the new yellow LEDs I ordered for the CPU heatsink.

sn1jzl.jpg

e19frr.jpg

2r73fk7.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :D 

Nice Build log, maybe put some LEDs inside the Case

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Nice! Looks sick! And that HD mon (Y);

Nice Build log, maybe put some LEDs inside the Case

Thanks guys! Yes I will put LEDs, just that the LEDs that came with the XSPC watercooling kit is blue, so I ordered some new LEDs

holy yellow ;-;

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Very nice.

It looks like you're running orange juice through your tubes.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

There was apparently a lot of firsts for you in this build and all of them turned out great so hats of to you =)

I just wished you would have not had that extra unnecessary tube there for draining my tip for you would have been to put that fitting on the tubing that goes between the gpu and pump/res combo instead and just have that bit of tubing a slight bit longer so you can pull it out of the case.

Also angled fittings really helps clean up the look of the tubing runs but as i understood it you had a tight schedule for the build and it takes a lot of planning and testing to be able to order the correct fittings.

Also one thing i have found to be very helpful when building water cooling is a quick disconnect so for your next build (wich i hope there will be more considering you did so well on this one =P) i would recommend a few of those.

Thanks guys! Yes I will put LEDs, just that the LEDs that came with the XSPC watercooling kit is blue, so I ordered some new LEDs

So you are going to mod all the lighting to yellow?  What about somehow capping the LEDs on the motherboard and making them yellow?  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Uhhhh...Those tubing runs...Uhh

What

But anyway, you have 3 290x and you're gaming on what looks like a pretty crappy monitor?

This build is pretty nice, but there are so many little things that irk me QQ

Like those waterblocks, gah they dont match at all

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

• 2 weeks later...

Uhhhh...Those tubing runs...Uhh

What

But anyway, you have 3 290x and you're gaming on what looks like a pretty crappy monitor?

This build is pretty nice, but there are so many little things that irk me QQ

Like those waterblocks, gah they dont match at all

Yeah I should really upgrade my monitor, but I wanted to get the computer sorted first before worrying about the monitor. The monitor can always be upgraded later. Considering waiting for 5k monitors to be more mainstream :)

Ah yes the waterblocks, I bought those water-blocks specifically for the window (so you can see the liquid inside). Thought it might look pretty cool! Turns out you cant see the liquid very well from that angle :(

Should I spray paint the waterblocks black?

So you are going to mod all the lighting to yellow?  What about somehow capping the LEDs on the motherboard and making them yellow?  

What do I cap them with? I don't think MSI would do specific coloured caps for their motherboards, and I fear the colour won't shine through properly through the cap

When I painted the LEDs yellow, the light coming through became green (blue + yellow). Just too many issues

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, I'm also planning to do a paint job. A Orange/Black paint job, but I ran into a problem. I almost stripped all the white parts, the only ones I can't turn my head around are the bottom ones.

It seems, looking at your pictures, that there is somesort of connection between the feet and the bottom white parts. Also there are 4 snaphook each, but I think those are not all of the connection points.

Could you or somebody else tell me, or show me, how to strip the bottom parts. Thanks :D

*Edit*: Got it already, the screws for the bottom part are covered by the grippad on the feet. Lift these pads slightly from the inside part of the case to the outside. You should see two set of screw.

• 1 month later...

Awesome Build!! :)

• 4 months later...

Love it, I have a black and red themed build so i think ill spray my black 780T red, you have inspired me to try it, not sure if red will need a white base coat though