WetRarity Redux

RainColt

This time I decided to use aquarium sealant

post-1173-0-22814400-1419900559_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-67067500-1419901441_thumb.jp

because the marine silicone I used last time was...maybe not the thing to use, it turned yellow which is not good.

post-1173-0-77782000-1419900790_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-99116000-1419901089_thumb.jp

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'm a little tired and cant really think of anything to say about this...except OMG, get decent grips, the other ones I own are crap that i spent like 5$ on and they just fall apart, these costed 4x that but have some clamping force, love them...well maybe not love but I don't hate them.

post-1173-0-86194600-1419902714_thumb.jp

I just got back to my apartment and look what came in the mail, well, when I finish this computer I'll have a computer for every room, aside from the kitchen and the bathroom, I'm thinking of NUCs for those rooms and maybe a laptop just in case I end up in a part of my apartment without quick enough access to a computer

post-1173-0-21073400-1419987668_thumb.jp

I just got back to my apartment and look what came in the mail, well, when I finish this computer I'll have a computer for every room, aside from the kitchen and the bathroom, I'm thinking of NUCs for those rooms and maybe a laptop just in case I end up in a part of my apartment without quick enough access to a computer

You can change your member title now that you have hit 500 posts

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

unfortunately my camera no longer has a few clips from me making the lid and i'm no longer at home to get better pictures of it so I guess I just got to skip it.

post-1173-0-49456500-1420249337_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-51810700-1420249446_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-36936200-1420251000_thumb.jp

This time around, there really isn't much to say, in the last build log there was always something to comment on because something was always humorously half assed, it's just not funny when nothing goes wrong, it's kinda like Linus' old boxings where he would often almost drop the fragile thing he was unboxing, it was funny and suspenseful, well wait until I have to balance the temp of the oil and the water, that should be interesting.

Here's the first thing that will likely cause leaking, if you silicon holds up to this flexing you might just be able to do it...maybe, with some luck...and if the mineral oil doesn't react adversely to the silicon, which I still haven't actually tested or even researched for that matter so I guess this still has potential to go horribly wrong.

post-1173-0-51958200-1420258735_thumb.jp

Here's the first thing that will likely cause leaking, if you silicon holds up to this flexing you might just be able to do it...maybe, with some luck...and if the mineral oil doesn't react adversely to the silicon, which I still haven't actually tested or even researched for that matter so I guess this still has potential to go horribly wrong.

~Snip~

Any way of putting some re-enforcement on the water side of the tank to stop the flex? Or even line the top with some metal just to keep it in place

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Any way of putting some re-enforcement on the water side of the tank to stop the flex? Or even line the top with some metal just to keep it in place

I did plan on reenforcing the bottom with a sheet of acrylic at the base which I would cover with the aquarium rocks but I didn't have a siphon to empty the water so I just winged it, I found when tearing apart my previous attempt that the silicon is actually a really tight seal that doesn't detach easily so I will probably reenforce the bottom when I get home I'm not actually too worried about flex because one acrylic can flex quite abit before snapping and when I put oil in the other side it will counter the weight applied by the water.

post-1173-0-25937900-1420259598_thumb.jp

So before the computer goes in this is what it looks like, I will be doing some minor changes before I drop the computer in but this is where it's at.

post-1173-0-91735500-1420259860_thumb.jp

my rear IO cut out, handles and PSU cutout

post-1173-0-57544400-1420260028_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-01055400-1420260037_thumb.jp

and you guys thought Linus' audio was bad

is this mineral oil cooled?

if so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

it will be.

Fan?

~Snip~

or no fan?

~Snip~

or is there a fan that would work better for this build that you would like to see?

Wow, that looks amazing painted!

The blue fan goes with the blue SATA ports and fits in with the Rarity theme, unless you can find a white and purple fan, then re-colour the SATA ports to match

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

didn't expect much from your youtube vid

glad i watched it anyways, good job ^_^

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

didn't expect much from your youtube vid

glad i watched it anyways, good job ^_^

Yah I figured I'd take this as a chance to learn how to use Sony Vegas.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is ordered and I will be finishing this build on the 11th of February when I get home.

I went with a NZXT hale 82 because its a fine PSU and it was 100$ cheaper than my other options with compromises that I was willing to make. I didn't like how empty the nightjar looked and I couldn't justify the extra 100-150$ for the soft edges of a newton R3

post-1173-0-93741900-1422553440_thumb.jp