AMD GTX 970 with no SSD or AMD GTX 770 with an SSD or Intel 770 with no SSD

I got 10seconds anyway (windows 8) noticed it mainly in adobe stuff but it was a 5-10 second diffrence

Fair enough, to each his own. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

SSDs are a luxury item. They do not help with in-game performance at all, but they make things "feel" snappier by reducing load times. It's not real performance as measured by things like benchmarks, and it won't help you in-game at all, which is why I consider it a luxury. However, if you have the budget, why not? Anyway, here is the build I would personally recommend. I made some minor cuts to non-performance items, and focused the budget on performance items. Namely I changed the keyboard and case, kept the GTX 970, gave you an i5, and even included an SSD; no rebates required. Your keyboard didn't have macros anyway and was just a standard keyboard, so I figured why not just got with a standard keyboard and not pay extra for a name? I also changed the case and removed the extra case fan because the case already has sufficient air flow for these low heat components. Also, while the MoBo may be very cheap, it is entirely functional and serves our purposes very well, and it's an i5 build so the CPU will be much better for gaming than your FX. Plus I even included an SSD, however if you don't like the appearance of the MoBo you can swap it and the SSD out for a Z97 board that's more flashy and aesthetically pleasing, but that shouldn't matter because the case doesn't have a window. The MoBo really is sufficient for your needs and while it has no extra expansion slots, only has two ram slots, it's still perfectly adequate. I went with a single stick of memory in case you wanted to go to 16GB sometime in the future, and as I said, the MoBo only has 2 DIMMs. Anyway, it has a better CPU than your build, fits in the SSD, fits in all the peripherals, and even fits in the GTX 970, all for less than your build. I think it's a winner and by far the best choice, so long as you don't have any plans for an SLI setup in the future (which lets face it, isn't going to happen anyway). I included a cheap $2.50 cable to hook up the case's front USB 3.0 ports to the MoBo's 2.0 USB header, so you'll lose some speed but not the functionality of front USB ports. Heck, I didn't even factor in rebates, so if you include those it gets even cheaper:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($168.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($27.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.77 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($349.89 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Full Tower Case  ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($149.00 @ B&H)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($32.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Rosewill RK-700M Wired Standard Keyboard  ($9.99 @ Amazon)
Other: USB 3.0 to 2.0 internal header ($2.45)
Total: $1002.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 20:34 EST-0500

edit: Oh, if you could find a way to get a K series CPU, Z chipset MoBo, and aftermarket cooler by removing the SSD, I'd do it, but I wouldn't sacrifice the GTX 970. I couldn't fit that all in, so I threw in the SSD with the spare cash. If you have a few extra bucks, that's what I'd do (and change out the memory for 2x4GB instead of 1x8GB while you're at it).

Edited by Lotus

So almost every consumer desktop under $1000 doesn't have one why? And most laptops under $750?

Again, they're not as important as you're making them seem. You can live without one just fine and lose little in terms of gaming performance.

They are very important because with an ssd you can boot your system up and open everything you are going to work on in 15 seconds.

They are important in laptops because they are much more drop resistant. Do you have any idea how many laptops with dead HDDs from a drop I've gotten? Hard to break the news to an average user that their data is gone forma simple drop. They don't know what raid is, and unless your laptop can take multiple drives like mine you cant use raid for HDDs anyway. Have raid 1 in a laptop? Too bad, if you drop it, chances are both drives will die if they die.

They are important for anyone who edits video, single hard drives can't keep up with raw video

they are important for improving the general experience of the machine

They are important because, while not fail proof, they are much less likely to fail than an HDD.

They are important because they is no way to get anywhere near equivalent read /write speeds in laptops with HDDs.

They are important because they can be in smaller form factors than HDDs

They are important because you can pull an SSD out of your system and image it in less than 5 minutes.

They are important because with SSDs super thin laptops can not only have large and fast storage, but can have raid as well.

They are important because all of this is worth 60$ if you do anything with your machine other than just gaming.

But yeah, gaming performance, no. But for 60$? You can squeeze on in your 1000$ build.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

SSDs are a luxury item. They do not help with in-game performance at all, but they make things "feel" snappier by reducing load times. It's not real performance as measured by things like benchmarks, and it won't help you in-game at all, which is why I consider it a luxury. However, if you have the budget, why not? Anyway, here is the build I would personally recommend. I made some minor cuts to non-performance items, and focused the budget on performance items. Namely I changed the keyboard and case, kept the GTX 970, gave you an i5, and even included an SSD; no rebates required. Your keyboard didn't have macros anyway and was just a standard keyboard, so I figured why not just got with a standard keyboard and not pay extra for a name? I also changed the case and removed the extra case fan because the case already has sufficient air flow for these low heat components. Also, while the MoBo may be very cheap, it is entirely functional and serves our purposes very well, and it's an i5 build so the CPU will be much better for gaming than your FX. Plus I even included an SSD, however if you don't like the appearance of the MoBo you can swap it and the SSD out for a Z97 board that's more flashy and aesthetically pleasing, but that shouldn't matter because the case doesn't have a window. The MoBo really is sufficient for your needs and while it has no extra expansion slots, only has two ram slots, it's still perfectly adequate. I went with a single stick of memory in case you wanted to go to 16GB sometime in the future, and as I said, the MoBo only has 2 DIMMs. Anyway, it has a better CPU than your build, fits in the SSD, fits in all the peripherals, and even fits in the GTX 970, all for less than your build. I think it's a winner and by far the best choice, so long as you don't have any plans for an SLI setup in the future (which lets face it, isn't going to happen anyway). I included a cheap $2.50 cable to hook up the case's front USB 3.0 ports to the MoBo's 2.0 USB header, so you'll lose some speed but not the functionality of front USB ports. Heck, I didn't even factor in rebates, so if you include those it gets even cheaper:

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($27.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.77 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($349.89 @ Amazon)

Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Full Tower Case  ($34.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.99 @ NCIX US)

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($149.00 @ B&H)

Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($32.99 @ Amazon)

Keyboard: Rosewill RK-700M Wired Standard Keyboard  ($9.99 @ Amazon)

Other: USB 3.0 to 2.0 internal header ($2.45)

Total: $1002.03

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 20:34 EST-0500

edit: Oh, if you could find a way to get a K series CPU, Z chipset MoBo, and aftermarket cooler by removing the SSD, I'd do it, but I wouldn't sacrifice the GTX 970. I couldn't fit that all in, so I threw in the SSD.

So this. I don't argue with not putting one in your build, or that they are a luxury.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So this. I don't argue with not putting one in your build, or that they are a luxury.

Haha, I actually DID put one in my build. I fit everything into that build except an overclockable CPU. I'm quite pleased with it. He could very easily do without, but as I said, if he has the budget, why not? So long as he isn't downgrading real performance parts to fit it in, it's okay in my book. Where I draw the line is when you value it over the CPU/GPU.

Haha, I actually DID put one in my build. I fit everything into that build except an overclockable CPU. I'm quite pleased with it. He could very easily do without, but as I said, if he has the budget, why not? So long as he isn't downgrading real performance parts to fit it in, it's okay in my book. Where I draw the line is when you value it over the CPU/GPU.

Exactly. I mean you can snap in an SSD later, and I'd much rather that than someone be stuck with a CPU or GPU that you want to upgrade.

muh specs 

All parts black

I actually regret buying my SSD when I built my rig. I ended up setting a 10 second post time anyways to avoid the keyboard spam to get into the bios and the money I spent on the SSD could have gone to getting a better GPU. They are not necessary period, my extra rigs both run off of mechanical drives and they take about 3 seconds more to start up than my main rig. As far as having your games on them I still don't see much worth, with how big games are these days you can't get many on there unless you fork out for a bigger drive which is still expensive and the loading times for every game that I tested didn't seem any faster and if I can't feel a difference then it's not worth it. A lot of this is subjective of course and it will vary from person to person but if I was building a rig for under $1500 I wouldn't flinch at forgoing an SSD for something else.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-24 08:05 EST-0500

if its gaming computer, don't compromise on gpu