[SOLVED] Help me decide! NZXT H440 vs. Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I can't decide if I should go for a NZXT H440 or a Phanteks Enthoo Pro.
I want to cool my CPU with a Watercooler (Nepton 280L) but I can't decide what's better to take of the 2 cases...

Should I get diffrent case fans aswell? Cause i'd like my case to be quiet (not super quiet) but atleast more quiet than my current Aerocool CyborgX case with a stock-fan on my CPU.

So what do you guys suggest?

Thank you.

UPDATE: Decided to go for the Enthoo Pro thanks to Faceman. Thanks to everybody who helped me deciding. :)

Edited by Apoloxy

I'd firstly suggest replacing the h100i with a H105

but out of the two I personally like the H440, however I want to downgrade, full tower is WAY to big for me - looking for a smaller case so I'm in a similar boat except Phanteks don't sell here :/

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

but out of the two I personally like the H440, however I want to downgrade, full tower is WAY to big for me - looking for a smaller case so I'm in a similar boat except Phanteks don't sell here :/

First off, thanks for the fast reply. I'd like to know why I should go for H105 instead of a H100i...I'm kinda new to this cpu watercooling stuff so yeah.

the NZXT will give you slightly worse temperatures due to the smaller air intakes.

First off, thanks for the fast reply. I'd like to know why I should go for H105 instead of a H100i...I'm kinda new to this cpu watercooling stuff so yeah.

cause its bigger(thicker) and better :P

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

h440 imo, just beware that the side panel window can scratch quite easily

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

the NZXT will give you slightly worse temperatures due to the smaller air intakes. 

cause its bigger(thicker) and better :P

I rather want low temperatures cause I might overclock my CPU someday.

And alright, seems to be a fair reason for me, do you have it yourself? If so, how are the fans in terms of noisiness?

And alright, seems to be a fair reason for me, do you have it yourself? If so, how are the fans in terms of noisiness?

I'd say enthoo pro if you have the space

Steve

Check my signature, I do. They're around the same as the H100i. I've also experienced a H100i leak on me so yea H105 is my saving grace.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Check my signature, I do. They're around the same as the H100i. I've also experienced a H100i leak on me so yea H105 is my saving grace.

Oh haha, didn't look at it.

And alright, I'll go for the H105 instead of the H100i. 

For a higher price look at ft05

For a lower price look at s340

They are both really small atx cases

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'd say enthoo pro if you have the space

Plenty of space on my desk, and can always make it extra bigger.

H440 if you want quiet

Phanteks if you want more performance instead of quiet

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

NZXT H440. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

I don't have an Enthroo Pro, I do have a H105 though. couldn't ask for better temps :)

Obviously the H440 and Pro look very different, so that should affect your decision as well. You will probably gain a couple degrees in the Pro, but I don't think it will get you any higher than maybe 100MHz. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

H440 if you want quiet

Phanteks if you want more performance instead of quiet

And this is why I can't decide.

If I'd go for Phanteks, do you suggest to change the fans of the case?

i like Enthoo Pro But i love The NZXT H440

if you want to change the case fan i would prefer The Bitfenix spectre pro

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

And this is why I can't decide.

If I'd go for Phanteks, do you suggest to change the fans of the case?

Really there is no need to replace them (Using stock + 2x $5 fans on my Arc Midi). I would just say to have 2x140 in the front in the enthoo (200mm is really meh for static pressure) or 2x120 (whatever it supports, go for the highest mm up to 140), 1x 120/140 in the rear then the rad + 2 fans in the top

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

200mm is really meh for static pressure) 

he won't need much static pressure inside the case if he makes his H105 an intake as well. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Enthoo Pro.  Such a better case for the money.  You get more case, more features, and more water cooling support.

Hardware Canucks call it the new standard from which cases should be measured.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Enthoo Pro.  Such a better case for the money.  You get more case, more features, and more water cooling support.

Hardware Canucks call it the new standard from which cases should be measured.

That video exactly made me hesitate about my decision if I should got for H440 or the Ethoo Pro.

But seeing that the majority chooses over the H440 i'm still unsure if I should go for the Enthoo Pro, cause I'd like my case to be quiet but with a good airflow aswell.

That video exactly made me hesitate about my decision if I should got for H440 or the Ethoo Pro.

But seeing that the majority chooses over the H440 i'm still unsure if I should go for the Enthoo Pro, cause I'd like my case to be quiet but with a good airflow aswell.

The H440 is notorious for poor airflow.  I have my Enthoo Pro right beside me, hold on I'll measure distance from my face to front of case..... 3 feet away... it is incredible quiet.  I have an app on my phone called Sound Meter Lite, it measure the sound at 46dBa.

My case is jam packed with fans, more than you can actually screw in, and is water cooled.

Most of the time I am rational and unbiased, but this is one of the few products I actually fanboy over.  Your case is such a subjective purchase, that it is difficult to decide.  I love my Pro and recommend it every chance I get.  Because of how big it is, it will give you tons of room for future upgrades, and of course, amazing airflow.

G10 12

So you can see my case is at eye level, so not on the floor or anything.  If it was a loud chassis, I would surely notice it.

cHxzhhw.jpg

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The H440 is notorious for poor airflow.  I have my Enthoo Pro right beside me, hold on I'll measure distance from my face to front of case..... 3 feet away... it is incredible quiet.  I have an app on my phone called Sound Meter Lite, it measure the sound at 46dBa.

My case is jam packed with fans, more than you can actually screw in, and is water cooled.

Most of the time I am rational and unbiased, but this is one of the few products I actually fanboy over.  Your case is such a subjective purchase, that it is difficult to decide.  I love my Pro and recommend it every chance I get.  Because of how big it is, it will give you tons of room for future upgrades, and of course, amazing airflow.

So you can see my case is at eye level, so not on the floor or anything.  If it was a loud chassis, I would surely notice it.

cHxzhhw.jpg

Thanks a lot for this post. I downloaded that app aswell and I'm getting like 41 dBa with my current case (2 casefans and a stock cpu fan), so I guess it'll be lower with the Enthoo. 

I think I'll go for the Enthoo Pro, cause I want a huge case for any upgrades in the future (maybe a full watercooled system). once again thank you.

EDIT: Oh, and how much % are your fans running at?

Thanks a lot for this post. I downloaded that app aswell and I'm getting like 41 dBa with my current case (2 casefans and a stock cpu fan), so I guess it'll be lower with the Enthoo. 

I think I'll go for the Enthoo Pro, cause I want a huge case for any upgrades in the future (maybe a full watercooled system). once again thank you.

Happy to help!  Come join us over at the Phanteks Owner's Club on OCN if you have any more questions or want to check out other people's builds and get some inspiration. 

He isnt wrong. It is quite easy to make a quiet, high performance rig. Sure water cooling the hottest parts like Faceman is helping. If you want max performance go for the Enthroo. It won't be very loud either.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Happy to help!  Come join us over at the Phanteks Owner's Club on OCN if you have any more questions or want to check out other people's builds and get some inspiration. 

@Apoloxy don't you dare join any OCN club. You'll be lost in that void forever. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs