[SOLVED] Help me decide! NZXT H440 vs. Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Happy to help!  Come join us over at the Phanteks Owner's Club on OCN if you have any more questions or want to check out other people's builds and get some inspiration. 

@Apoloxy don't you dare join any OCN club. You'll be lost in that void forever. 

Tbh, i'm not really a forum guy haha. but for this kind of stuff I love forums. but thanks for the offer Faceman.

You guys were amazing help, thanks a lot.

Tbh, i'm not really a forum guy haha. but for this kind of stuff I love forums. but thanks for the offer Faceman.

don't you dare drop out! 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Stick around man, even if you pop in occasionally to check out new videos, see new tech news and reviews or ask a question, its a very helpful community

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

don't you dare drop out! 

Stick around man, even if you pop in occasionally to check out new videos, see new tech news and reviews or ask a question, its a very helpful community

I'll be around on linustech yes, and if I'd need help with my Phantek i'd look at the OCN forum. ;)

@virtualTune Does the H105 come with cooling-paste? or do I have to buy that separate? 

It comes pre-applied.

Might I recommend the Cooler Master Seidon 240M($75) or Cooler Master Nepton 280L($99)?  The H105 is a fantastic cooler, don't get me wrong, but at medium fan speeds, the Cooler Master Nepton 280L bests it by around 3C.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7738/closed-loop-aio-liquid-coolers/10

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It comes pre-applied.

Oh sweet, and one last question...I have a 96% alcohol bottle to remove spots or whatever, can I use that to remove the cooling paste of my CPU? 

Oh sweet, and one last question...I have a 96% alcohol bottle to remove spots or whatever, can I use that to remove the cooling paste of my CPU? 

Yup, 90% or higher Isopropyl alcohol is all you need.

Also, check out the post above, I edited it.

please buy aftermarket paste. I was able to get off 7 degrees by switching to MX-4

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

It comes pre-applied.

Might I recommend the Cooler Master Seidon 240M($75) or Cooler Master Nepton 280L($99)?  The H105 is a fantastic cooler, don't get me wrong, but at medium fan speeds, the Cooler Master Nepton 280L bests it by around 3C.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7738/closed-loop-aio-liquid-coolers/10

that won't affect noise enough to help with higher clock speeds for 24/7 usage. And since he mentioned he wants to OC, the H105 is the cooler solution for maximum cooling performance. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

please buy aftermarket paste. I was able to get off 7 degrees by switching to MX-4

I'll first do it with pre-applied, maybe if it gets too high I'll get an aftermarket one.

Isn't it quite loud? and watching reviews they confirm it, and that the pump is rather loud aswell?

that won't affect noise enough to help with higher clock speeds for 24/7 usage. And since he mentioned he wants to OC, the H105 is the cooler solution for maximum cooling performance. 

Well, I said I might OC but I'm not sure...

Well, I said I might OC but I'm not sure...

hardly any point in buying an expensive AiO cooler if you don't Oc. You might aswell buy a Cryorig H5

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

hardly any point in buying an expensive AiO cooler if you don't Oc. You might aswell buy a Cryorig H5

True, but what I meant is that I don't going to OC it right after I got the watercooler.

I'd forget both and get the Enthoo Luxe. It's so pretty ;)

(And the $50 premium you're paying is pretty much justified by the LEDs, better top cover, PSU cover and included SSD bracket. I'm in love <3)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I can't decide if I should go for a NZXT H440 or a Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I want to cool my CPU with a Watercooler (H105) but I can't decide what's better to take of the 2 cases...

Should I get diffrent case fans aswell? Cause i'd like my case to be quiet (not super quiet) but atleast more quiet than my current Aerocool CyborgX case with a stock-fan on my CPU.

So what do you guys suggest?

Thank you.

UPDATE: Decided to go for the Enthoo Pro thanks to Faceman. Thanks to everybody who helped me deciding. :)

I have the enthoo pro and it's a beast. OH LAWD THE CABLE MANAGEMENT!The glass is however easily scratched but it would be easy to rip it out and put actual glass in for the win. It's filters are tool less which is a plus for me and it is a high airflow case....like...really roomy even with a full build. Actually surprised me. I would say that's the best choice out of the 2 but then again....it's personal choice. The 440 is a fine choice too. CHOICES CHOICES! I personally went with the enthoo because of the optical bays. lol.

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

Look at that benchmark.  I don't know many people that run their fans at maximum RPMs.  The H105 does perform better than the 280L when the fans are at max, but when the fans are at a more palatable 1000-1400rpm, the 280L is outperforming it by 3C or more.

Look at that benchmark.  I don't know many people that run their fans at maximum RPMs.  The H105 does perform better than the 280L when the fans are at max, but when the fans are at a more palatable 1000-1400rpm, the 280L is outperforming it by 3C or more.

yes, I never said the H105 is better at medium rpm. I am just saying that if he wants max performance the H105 is the way to go. Obviously he will sacrifice some quietness and yes it is unlikely that anyone will run their fans at top speed 24/7. However those 3 degrees make no difference unless he is looking at either 90 or 93. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

yes, I never said the H105 is better at medium rpm. I am just saying that if he wants max performance the H105 is the way to go. Obviously he will sacrifice some quietness and yes it is unlikely that anyone will run their fans at top speed 24/7. However those 3 degrees make no difference unless he is looking at either 90 or 93. 

Huh?  They measure the power draw from 65W all the way to 340W.  65W is idle temperatures, and I'd say 150-200W is going to be max power draw during load depending on the application.  Throughout that range, the 280L is consistently providing 3C lower temperatures.  They are both excellent coolers and he can't go wrong with either.

Based on Anandtech's testing at 7v, the consistently 280L comes out ahead by 3C in a wide range of loads placed upon the processor, not just 90 to 93.    So often we see reviewers only testing max fan speeds, it is refreshing to see Anandtech do 7v because that is a more realistic end-user setting in my opinion and they test at different loads placed upon the processor.

@Faceman Well, I just ordered both things you recommended (The case and watercooler) and theyre coming in tomorrow. :)

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

@Faceman Well, I just ordered both things you recommended (The case and watercooler) and theyre coming in tomorrow. :)

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

Wow, thats some super fast shipping.  Congratulations!  Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Wow, thats some super fast shipping.  Congratulations!  Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

That's why I love Netherlands, always fast deliveries when it comes to components or anything else.

That's why I love Netherlands, always fast deliveries when it comes to components or anything else.

That's awesome.  At best, we have Amazon Prime which is 2-day shipping.  Or you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for next day air.  Standard shipping is usually 5-9 business days.

That's awesome.  At best, we have Amazon Prime which is 2-day shipping.  Or you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for next day air.  Standard shipping is usually 5-9 business days.

I hear that a lot, but the average for me is like 2-3 at max unless I have to ship it yes then it might be max 10 days.

But I didn't even pay for the delivery (cause it was free) so hooray for the Dutchies? haha.

I hear that a lot, but the average for me is like 2-3 at max unless I have to ship it yes then it might be max 10 days.

But I didn't even pay for the delivery (cause it was free) so hooray for the Dutchies? haha.

I never knew that, very cool indeed.  I'm jealous.  There are not many things worse in life than ordering something new that you really really want only to have to wait 1 to 2 weeks for it to arrive.

@Faceman I got the case and the watercooler, but now the problem is that the Fans are all running on a way too high RPM and I've no idea how to enter my bios cause it boots too fast, could you help me with this issue?

(Everything is installed in the new case already)