Titan Z vs. 2 980

AmericanToto

If i go with the titan z, i will have an i7 4790k, and if I go with the 2 980s, it will be an i7 5820k. And I will be gaming on an ROG swift or PB278Q

dual 980 outright stomp the titan z

and you can get a more powerful CPU so win=win

just for a bit more backround, the titan z is really a workstation and content creation card, while the 980 is pure gaming

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

If i go with the titan z, i will have an i7 4790k, and if I go with the 2 980s, it will be an i7 5820k.

the two 980's are faster cards so the second build will be much better

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

2 980's would eat that titan z for breakfast man.. Your second build would be far stronger

Get the 2x 980s.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Get a Titan series card if AND ONLY if you need the workstation-class features that it offers, like double precision compute and such.

For anything else they are a waste of money just like a Quadro would be.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

-

Neither, get 3 970s and spare money while gaining 40% more performance.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

ManWithBeard is almost the only one that make sense, Titans have benefits and they exist for reasons, as Double Precision, 6 Gb VRAM, etc. but 2 x GTX 980 gives more raw performance in gaming. And about the 3 way SLI, it happens get bottlenecked so much in 1080p in over 90% of games out there.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |