Dual Dell U2414H

Synyster

Where did you get those desks/shelves as well as, what is that thing on the desk to the left. looks kinda like a test bench of sorts.

The glass shelves is apart of the whole set.

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/desks-laptop-stands/product-prod2790032

Well, unless Dell has fixed the problem (which was that if you set the contrast to just 1% up or down away from the default 75, whites would look instantly yellowish), then you should be right. Give it a try anyway on a white background, like this LTT site, and see if there's any noticeable change in whites.

Yep, saw that and I replied to it already. ;)

I'll do some testing and get back to you.

That looks fantastic mate, even with just the part you're using. :)

Yeah, I love this set! Just gotta figure out the best possible set up now.

If I would guess... I would say someone is mixing some deep house

I'm a DJ that is slowly producing, but I play a lot of different music, including deep house.

IPS > TN

C'mon now.

Just realized they're TN. God no. IPS master race.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Something cool I just realized, Dell has a display manager that you download for the monitor. Basically, I don't have to use the buttons to change the contrast, brightness, or preset mode which is REALLY nice considering the buttons are horrendous.

2wg65c5.jpg

I made a thread a week ago with a challenge to find a better monitor than the Dell U2412M, here.

The winner was the U2414H and I just got them today, so, I set them up and show anyone whose interested in them as well as answering questions or concerns they have - hopefully I can answer the question. 

Ask away fellow techies.

Sorry for the dim lighting - it was flash or no flash.

No, the winner is the Dell u2415

Here is a couple more pictures will better lighting.

2pyp406.jpg

eze7g9.jpg

Thats awesome! Those small bezels really are emphasised when you have two side by side, aren't they?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It's fantastic! I'm extremely happy I purchased two instead of one now and another later. The gap between the two is maybe a little above half and inch?

Happy for ya mate! :)

@Synyster, I've actually been contemplating getting two BenQ GW2765HT IPS monitors with my planned build. I recently reduced it to one with the intent on getting another one down the track to reduce the cost of the rig, however, what you've said has made me think that maybe I should just get two of them like I'd originally intended. There is, however, another thing I've been contemplating, whether or not I should go with two of said monitors or one AOC U3477PQU 34" ultrawide monitor. My main hobbies are graphic design and video editing. So, yeah, decisions, decisions. :rolleyes: :unsure:

@Synyster, I've actually been contemplating getting two BenQ GW2765HT IPS monitors with my planned build. I recently reduced it to one with the intent on getting another one down the track to reduce the cost of the rig, however, what you've said has made me think that maybe I should just get two of them like I'd originally intended. There is, however, another thing I've been contemplating, whether or not I should go with two of said monitors or one tAOC U3477PQU 34"

ultrawide monitor. My main hobbies are graphic design and video editing. So, yeah, decisions, decisions. :rolleyes: :unsure:

Are those BenQ's $500 a piece? That's what Google is telling me at least.

If you're into graphic design and editing, I'd suggest a 1920 x 1200 monitor. The extra realistate could help out a bit when looking at graphics.

In terms of dual monitr vs super wide screen, I honesty don't know what to reccomend. The main reason I got to seperate screen is for multi tasking while dedicating one screen to something. With an ultra wide, you lose that function, which is the main reason I didn't buy an ultrawide. So, if you don't care about that, and ultrawide might be your best bet, especially for graphic related. Plus, it'll cost about the same as getting two monitors anyways. Although, you will need a beefier graphics cards.

nice!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Are those BenQ's $500 a piece?

Yes, indeed, they are. :)

If you're into graphic design and editing, I'd suggest a 1920 x 1200 monitor. The extra realistate could help out a bit when looking at graphics.

Believe me, I've contemplated that as well, but I moved away from 16:10 awhile go because I just prefer 16:9 as its great for watching back my rendered projects as I can view them in fullscreen with no black bars at all. Plus I just feel as though I wanna move up to the 1440p resolution. But thanks for the advice anyway. :)

In terms of dual monitors vs super wide screen, I honesty don't know what to recommend. The main reason I got two seperate screens is for multi tasking while dedicating one screen to something. With an ultra wide, you lose that function, which is the main reason I didn't buy an ultrawide.

You make a good point, I do prefer multitasking with two separate displays.

So, if you don't care about that, then ultrawide might be your best bet, especially for graphic related. Plus, it'll cost about the same as getting two monitors anyways. Although, you will need a beefier graphics cards.

I think, through your reasoning, I'm going to stick with the two BenQ GW2765HT monitors. I think it's the best option :). Thanks for your help in my decision making. I'm quite grateful. :)

So do you think it was worth the extra 30-or so bucks for the thin bezel on the 2414H?  

I suppose since you’ve got a double monitor setup it would make more sense.

I wonder if  a single monitor setup would be more suited to the 2414M. Aesthetically the 2414H looks so freaking good though.