The Evil Within. For the love of everyting, what are u doing Bethesda?!

randy hutajulu

Lol is the aspect ratio really locked at 21:9? just wow can't believe this is a Bethesda title.

Just don't buy this until they fix that problem with a new patch or something

Kinda hard to believe. Those are the same guys who supported modding in Skyrim and Oblivion, both receiving fresh mods every day. They even have that toolkit or whatever. This is sad actually, very sad.

No its not, Bethesda Publishing is an entirely different team that Bethesda the developer, 

Also what would you expect the publisher to do? Tell them to change their game?

I'm actually not happy Bethesda picked up this game, if it wasn't for them we might have been spared from usuing that awful id5 engine.

Otherwise this is one of my favorite games this year

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Ahahaha.. I have both of alien and evil within. U picked the right choice buddy. Congrats.. Hahahaha.. The alien is far a lot more better than this.

FPS horror is kinda boring IMO, i just grabbed TEW for $50, but ill wait till alien is $10

Just don't buy this until they fix that problem with a new patch or something

What do you expect them to patch? change the aspect ratio back, when everything they've released yet far is that its the way the game was designed, You know there is a fix for the FOV right?

Here it is:

http://www.reddit.com/r/theevilwithin/comments/2jde9g/modevil_within_fov_mod/

but the complaint about the limited FOV in fullscreen isn't a bug in the game, its a product of modern game design and resolution control. See my other post about it

1920*800

XWZjUGM.jpg

1920*1080

3UzUFi0.jpg

1920*1200Jx7tNih.jpg

The Evil Within isn't cutting off the screen or zooming in, its still rendering at full res, its just the vFOV is constant, so the hFOV is dynamic, just like in Dead Space. There is a console command to change FOV in TEW but its currently non functional, mabye it will be patched later

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

For some reason i'm not allowed to delete this post?

No its not, Bethesda Publishing is an entirely different team that Bethesda the developer,

Also what would you expect the publisher to do? Tell them to change their game?

I'm actually not happy Bethesda picked up this game, if it wasn't for them we might have been spared from usuing that awful id5 engine.

Otherwise this is one of my favorite games this year

Oh, sorry for my deep ignorance... I thought they developed the game. I'm sorry!

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

I don't know why the blame is on Bethesda. Even just saying Bethesda is really vague. Bethesda Softworks is the publisher of the Evil Within, along with the Elder Scrolls online. While Bethesda is the developer for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. If anything we should be questioning ZeniMax Media and their shareholders. 

I don't know why the blame is on Bethesda. Even just saying Bethesda is really vague. Bethesda Softworks is the publisher of the Evil Within, along with the Elder Scrolls online. While Bethesda is the developer for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. If anything we should be questioning ZeniMax Media and their shareholders. 

but why question Zmax? they aren't in the creative process of the game

Tango Gameworks made the game, if you think there is a problem with it, they were in charge. 

Kinda hard to believe. Those are the same guys who supported modding in Skyrim and Oblivion, both receiving fresh mods every day. They even have that toolkit or whatever. This is sad actually, very sad.

Probably they received good cash from console makers for Evil Within...

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Yeah, when I first heard they locked that game to 30fps, I immediately removed it from my wishlist. And then I heard it has some black bars. So, I'm glad I didn't buy that console ported game.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

but why question Zmax? they aren't in the creative process of the game

Tango Gameworks made the game, if you think there is a problem with it, they were in charge. 

I just don't want people to doubt the Bethesda developers; they have produced great works. It's perfectly fine to blame Tango Gameworks for this decision, but sad at the same time. 

LjFAuVw.gif

I think the "microsoft" they're pulling with the PC version is probably worse, by giving us 60fps unlocked ratio and expecting praise. The fact they have to work with shitty AMD APU's is driving them to make these decisions, they DID sell the consoles on graphics so they have to make up for them.

But there is no reason to half-ass the PC version. They're basically just porting the heavily console-tuned engine over to the PC. It will be a glitchy mess that will run absolutely abysmal above the 30fps @ 2:5:1 it's designed on.

This makes Watch_Dogs shine as a port. Maybe even Ubisoft isnt as bad as we thought. And Watch_Dogs made EA an Angel.

I heard when you play the game the horrible FOV causes the camera to ride up the playable character's backside.

You do realize they locked the aspect ratio to limit the FOV to add to the games horror feeling right?

You can unofficially change it and bump up the FPS if you would like.

You can complain about the FPS all you want that is a legitimate complaint.

The aspect ratio was a design decision and is a part of the game, I see no problem with it.

You do realize they locked the aspect ratio to limit the FOV to add to the games horror feeling right?

You can unofficially change it and bump up the FPS if you would like.

You can complain about the FPS all you want that is a legitimate complaint.

The aspect ratio was a design decision and is a part of the game, I see no problem with it.

It's nice to have options which is one of the points to PC gaming. I'm not sure how limiting the FOV adds to the horror factor of the game since that would annoy me real quick instead of its original intention.

The aspect ratio is just 16:9 with forced letter boxing.

This is what the game looks like a real 21:9 aspect ratio monitor. Considering the game can't even manage stable 30fps on consoles, it was most likely done to reduce GPU load, as those that remove the letter boxing notice a drop in FPS from having to render the extra details.

The FOV and "aspect" ratio doesn't add to the game, it detracts from it a lot and makes the gameplay rather annoying, as the camera constantly humps your shoulder as if you're a small person clinging to his back peaking over.

UYeWoGu.jpg?1

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Did you watermark your screenshot? xD

I did, it started appearing in comment sections on Rock Paper Shotgun and over reddit with other people claiming it's their own. :(

I did, it started appearing in comment sections on Rock Paper Shotgun and over reddit with other people claiming it's their own. :(

Oh no, think of all the revenue you're missing out on.

Every publisher released a bad game every now and then. Fallout 4 will be good though...............I hope so.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Oh no, think of all the revenue you're missing out on.

Not about the money, my site is monetised or add driven at all. It's about the principles. :)

The aspect ratio is just 16:9 with forced letter boxing.

This is what the game looks like a real 21:9 aspect ratio monitor. Considering the game can't even manage stable 30fps on consoles, it was most likely done to reduce GPU load, as those that remove the letter boxing notice a drop in FPS from having to render the extra details.

The FOV and "aspect" ratio doesn't add to the game, it detracts from it a lot and makes the gameplay rather annoying, as the camera constantly humps your shoulder as if you're a small person clinging to his back peaking over.

UYeWoGu.jpg?1

The aspect ratio is 21:9 look at that screeny again, 16:9 would be even smaller, the reason it doesn't go fullscreen on a 21:9 monitor is because the blackbars are used for UI elements and what not.

This is 16:9

tVq6ApT.jpg

The aspect ratio is 21:9 look at that screeny again, 16:9 would be even smaller, the reason it doesn't go fullscreen on a 21:9 monitor is because the blackbars are used for UI elements and what not.

This is 16:9

tVq6ApT.jpg

Entirely FALSE. What you just did was make it smaller than 16:9. Remove the forced on letter boxing from The Evil Within, and it's a perfect 16:9 image. Hence the Pillar Boxing on 21:9 displays. You don't even know what 16:9 looks like on 21:9.....

Here's Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, and Ryse: Son of Rome, and Sleeping Dogs at 21:9 with the Pre rendered Cinematics at 16:9.

Along with the Evil Within Screenshot with it's letter boxing removed and placed on the 16:9 Sleeping Dogs image. It's just forced letter boxing, and using the Dev Console commands to remove it you get a perfectly normal 16:9 image. Nothing else changes at all, it just removed the top and bottom black bars. It's why the black bars can be used for UI elements, they're superimposed to give a Fake 21:9 aspect ratio, when in fact it's all rendered at 16:9.

If the Evil Within truly used the 21:9 aspect ratio there would be no Pillar Boxing and it would perfectly fill the display.

Hzlm2QFl.jpg

DITz5nCl.png

NzFVzoLl.jpg

AbAARFDl.jpg?1

bpCwxaCl.png

3NaOfc5l.jpg

YeHO3i8l.jpg