[Build Log] Hive Desk Build - custom scratch build of a ROG x99 EK water cooled computer desk

Rakior

epic, which ferrari was it??

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Do you have a shop or something that you built this in? 2 or 4 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

How did you make that ROG logo? i would love one of those in my own case

How much time all up do you think this project will take from start to finish and will it be worth it?

How did you come up with the initial idea to make a PC based on the looks of a car? 

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

This build looks really nice! I think one of the things I like most about it is the thickness, it actually looks like it'll be comfortable to sit at unlike a lot of desk builds that end up being a foot thick :)

I have multiple questions, but Dont know if they were already answered. 

What camera is used for the pictures?

What inspired you to create this beautifully crafted PC?

What advice would you give to a noob modder/builder? (in terms of planning and time)

And one comment: You have an amazing skill! :D

Also, I'd like #2, the backplate please  :)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

As a swede, why did you choose Ferrari, and now one of the awesome SAABs? Just kidding. How are you so experienced at woodworking? How many actual work hours have you put in?

#2 please

3 or 4, definitely

And one thing I couldnt find out going through the renders is the loop, I can see it come from the motherboard heatsink to the CPU but then I don't see where it goes from that to something that is right below the CPU, is it one of the Gpus?

And how the hell do you go about getting sponsorships like this without being like l3p or someone :P Would love it if you tell us why you thought of doing this project and how you got into this sort of modding.

Thanks dude :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I would like to see how u made the rog logo? And 4 because it's sexy and unbuyable

Thank you all so very very much :)

I'm just on a "smart" phone so I will answer 3 at a time

What did you make the renders with? And how come I am not as awesome as you :lol:3

Using 3DS Max on my old build, I'm sure you are just as awesome :)

How did you figure out how to do all this? Like all the custom metal and wood stuff?

3 or 4 whichever xD preferably 3 but idc

I just used the method I felt most comfortable with, I'm not unfamiliar working with wood but a skilled craftsmen would do it much faster and probably not be very impressed.

Did you do any training for metalwork/woodwork? Everything that you produce just looks so professional. :D

No no training, just a interest and helping out at home when something needed to be made I guess.

Next 3 questions in next batch.

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

Camera gear?

Got me a Canon 650D (think it's sold under another name in the states), that I really would like to learn more about photo on.

How did you get into all this stuff and gain the know how required to do this?

I have always been into computers and using it to be creative since I never was any good at painting. How I got into molding is true this forum.

You somewhat already answered this but, what do you do for a living? You're obviously very skilled with your hands and many other trade skills.

Aside from Ferrari what did you get your inspiration from? Do you have any past projects to showcase?

Lastly, what does your workshop look like? What tools does it contain? Any favorites?

Have a safe trip.

Work as a assistant store manager. Besides the concept Ferrari (shown in the video) wall mounted computers inspired me more then desk builds. I did my first mod "Hive fire" on this forum. The workshop and tools I defiantly will show in next video, thanks for that tip :)

epic, which ferrari was it??

it's inspired by a concept Ferrari so no Ferrari in production, check out my video for some pictures.

Do you have a shop or something that you built this in?

Building it in a "workshop" I once helped my grandfather build for his hobby woodwork projects.

How did you make that ROG logo? i would love one of those in my own case

this is one I better show in photos when I get home (tools: jigsaw, file and polishing material).

I'll be back to answer more next chance I get. :)

Well I was lucky to Asus and EK waterblocks sponsor this build with a large portion of the hardware in this build. I have a average paying job so had I not been sponsored I would sold my last build, saved a bit and probably waited a little longer for DDR4 prizes to normalise. This is the setup I hoped to build so I'm very happy Asus and EK believed in me and helped me realise my dream build.

/Hugs Rakior

Did you have other builds to show them or did you send a proposal?

Any favorite parts of this build that you are particularly looking forward to? Have you done anything like this before? 3 :)

How much time all up do you think this project will take from start to finish and will it be worth it?

I'm going to use a fair bit of time but it's what I think is fun and don't look at it as work. It's a hobby like building a model airplane or something therapeutic.

How did you come up with the initial idea to make a PC based on the looks of a car? 

I wanted some shapes that breaks the square shaped forms that usually natural working with components made to fit in a box, I remembered the images I liked of the concept car.

I have multiple questions, but Dont know if they were already answered. 

What camera is used for the pictures?

What inspired you to create this beautifully crafted PC?

What advice would you give to a noob modder/builder? (in terms of planning and time)

First 2 questions I think I answered earlier. Well I can only answer for me, I like planning just as much as building. Planning don't cost any money so I would put a lot of time into it if you like that part just as much as me and do something you want it's for yourself you building it I presume.

As a swede, why did you choose Ferrari, and now one of the awesome SAABs? Just kidding. How are you so experienced at woodworking? How many actual work hours have you put in?

#2 please

Not extremely experienced, maby 160h of not being very effective and doing other stuff also.

3 or 4, definitely

And one thing I couldnt find out going through the renders is the loop, I can see it come from the motherboard heatsink to the CPU but then I don't see where it goes from that to something that is right below the CPU, is it one of the Gpus?

And how the hell do you go about getting sponsorships like this without being like l3p or someone :P Would love it if you tell us why you thought of doing this project and how you got into this sort of modding.

Thanks dude :)

The loop comes into the central compartment, from the radiators, on the left side under the alu "hood". It goes to gpu1 to gpu2 to MB block1 to cpu block to MB block2 to the 3 reservoirs then pump and finally back to radiators.

I don't have any experience in getting sponsorship besides this build. What I did was just contact the company's in question presented my plan and showed early pictures of the build + images and links to earlier work. I consider myself lucky the 2 companies that made the parts I wanted for the build was interested. And finally I got into molding from reading this forum.

Does starcraft 2 work on your rig?

Not tested I'd hope it does ;)

I would like to see how u made the rog logo? And 4 because it's sexy and unbuyable

I will show photo's when I get home.

Any favorite parts of this build that you are particularly looking forward to? Have you done anything like this before? 3 :)

What I look forward to when I get home is to put on the water blocks on the Motherboard and make the mods for the motherboard. If you click the link to Hive Fire below my post you will find the build I finished this spring.

Not tested I'd hope it does ;)

I kept getting a kernel panic when I tried running SC2 on my 5820k. I read up that some people were having X99 issues with sc2 but then again I was also using Windows 10. I'm going to try installing windows 8.1 and see if that fixes my issue. 

How long have you been making PCs and can you give a link of the previous build you have made? Your desk mod looks awesome and I'm following it. 1

How long have you been making PCs and can you give a link of the previous build you have made? Your desk mod looks awesome and I'm following it. 1

Thank you :)

I built many PC's but only one modded/custom before this one.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/120478-hive-fire-watercooled-custom-800d/

/Hugs