[Build Log] Hive Desk Build - custom scratch build of a ROG x99 EK water cooled computer desk

Rakior

ACSKFxT.jpg

This is a custom computer desk build inspiered by a Ferrari concept car. It's a extreme watercooled pc build in a super slim desk. It's my second custom build and my first scratch build. I would not been able to do this build without help from sponsors, so thank you very much Ek Waterblocks for the watercooling system, Asus for sponcering with Asus ROG Hardware and CPU. (To visit any of the sponsors click the logos below, they all have a huge array of products I'm sure you will find what you need for your build).

7EjVd5N.jpg

COMPUTER PARTS:

For detailed info on the different parts used visit: Asus and EK Waterblocks

Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme
Computer Case: Scratch built computer desk of own design.
Cpu: Haswell-E 8 core 5960x (
Ram: 8x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2800MHz (with the Dominator Platinum Kit).
Graphics card: 2x Asus STRIX-GTX780-OC-6GD5
Psu: Corsair AX1200i
Gaming Panel: Asus ROG front Base
Fans: 9x 120mm Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000PWM
Storage: 1x Samsung XP941 M.2 and 2x Samsung 840 Pro SSD
5x HDD (can currently only fit more SSD's but 5x 3.5" size HDD's is max due to hight restrictions)

Watercooling:
Many thanks to EK Water Blocks for sponsoring the water-cooling for this build. You can find all the EK parts I’m using in the list below:
For more detail + many other water cooling products visit www.EKWB.com

mphJtTq.jpg

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

ACSKFxT.jpg

This is a custom computer desk build inspiered by a Ferrari concept car. It's a extreme watercooled pc build in a super slim desk. It's my second custom build and my first scratch build. I would not been able to do this build without help from sponsors, so thank you very much Ek Waterblocks for the watercooling system, Asus for sponcering with Asus ROG Hardware and CPU. (To visit any of the sponsors click the logos below, they all have a huge array of products I'm sure you will find what you need for your build).

7EjVd5N.jpg

COMPUTER PARTS:

For detailed info on the different parts used visit: Asus and EK Waterblocks

Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme

Computer Case: Scratch built computer desk of own design.

Cpu: Haswell-E 8 core 5960x (

Ram: 8x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2800MHz (with the Dominator Platinum Kit).

Graphics card: 2x Asus STRIX-GTX780-OC-6GD5

Psu: Corsair AX1200i

Gaming Panel: Asus ROG front Base

Fans: 9x 120mm Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000PWM

Storage: 1x Samsung XP941 M.2 and 2x Samsung 840 Pro SSD

5x HDD (can currently only fit more SSD's but 5x 3.5" size HDD's is max due to hight restrictions)

Watercooling:

Many thanks to EK Water Blocks for sponsoring the water-cooling for this build. You can find all the EK parts I’m using in the list below:

For more detail + many other water cooling products visit www.EKWB.com

mphJtTq.jpg

i would do a 850 pro and pcie ssd 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

OP, stop making my pants do strange things xD

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

oh dang...

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

nerdgasm in three two one dada da da #barnacleas 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Why 780 not 980? 

Oh, yeah, thats a nice desk.

THE DESK IS SO AWSESOME PLEASE MAKE IT FASTER AND YOU CAN BE LIKE KANYE

i just came

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Can I sue you for breaking my keyboard, I came all over it :lol:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

So why are you only sponsored by Asus and ek? This is a piece of are and can't wait for the finished Product!

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Do you build the motherboard and stuff from scratch or do you have like a 3D warehouse like sketchup? How long did it take you to create it?

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

First of thanks all :)

I had 2 840 and m.2 on x99 platform is pcie x4 so no advantage with a pcie-SSD card.

Why 780 not 980? 

Oh, yeah, thats a nice desk.

THE DESK IS SO AWSESOME PLEASE MAKE IT FASTER AND YOU CAN BE LIKE KANYE

When I started the build 980 was not out and I'm almost done with build so I will post updates in rapid order over the next 2-3 weeks.

Do you build the motherboard and stuff from scratch or do you have like a 3D warehouse like sketchup? How long did it take you to create it?

The motherboard is a mix of parts of sketchup models and self made models, Time wise I can't tell it was part of planning the desk and that took some time to do to make it as thin as possible. I also needed to design it in a way I actually can build it with standard tools and look like the renders.

/Many hugs Rakior

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

This looks to be an awesome build Rakior.  I checked out your YouTube rendering video, which was nicely done.  I look forward to seeing the finish craftsmanship.

-Curlz

Those renders look amazing

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

This is the most eautiful build I've ever seen. Congratulations

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H