Remove Windows 10 Update

EarthboundHero
Go to solution Solved by EarthboundHero,

If anyone else made the same mistake I did. Which seemed pretty common on Windows help forums. You can do this. 

1) Open the start menu and search for "View installed updates".

2) Search for "KB2990214" without the "". You should find an update that was installed today.

3) Right click and press "Uninstall".

4) Reboot and run Windows update again

So I was going to install Windows 10, when I realized it would overwrite my current OS. So I stopped but now the Windows 10 update won't go away. I've tried hiding it and everything. How do I get it to go away?

8wm7ns.png

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

What? Since when was windows 10 available as a downloadable update?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Today I think, maybe yesterday, it's just a tech preview AFAIA though.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-download?ocid=tp_site_downloadpage This link has a download that adds it into the update center thing.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I'm pretty sure that is not Windows 10... it wouldn't be in the update section it would be a download.

I'm pretty sure that is not Windows 10... it wouldn't be in the update section it would be a download.

It is, the Windows insider link gave me an exe and when I restarted my computer that showed up.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-download?ocid=tp_site_downloadpage This link has a download that adds it into the update center thing.

Ok

1) an operating system cannot be installed like an update.

2) that link is for the technical preview of windows 10 which is supposed to be run on a virtual machine. It specifically says to NOT install it on your computer.

3) You will need to format your drive and reinstall windows 7 to get that to go away, or you can just right click it and 'hide update'

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ok

1) an operating system cannot be installed like an update.

2) that link is for the technical preview of windows 10 which is supposed to be run on a virtual machine. It specifically says to NOT install it on your computer.

3) You will need to format your drive and reinstall windows 7 to get that to go away, or you can just right click it and 'hide update'

I thought it was going to download an ISO to use in a virtual machine. I already tried clicking hide update it didn't work. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If anyone else made the same mistake I did. Which seemed pretty common on Windows help forums. You can do this. 

1) Open the start menu and search for "View installed updates".

2) Search for "KB2990214" without the "". You should find an update that was installed today.

3) Right click and press "Uninstall".

4) Reboot and run Windows update again

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

There are ISOs available to download as well.

If you go to preview.windows.com and login to the inside program it will take you to a page where you download the EXE. Go to the bottom of the page and it will have a link to a page with the ISOs. The 64-bit version is 3.9GB

There are ISOs available to download as well.

If you go to preview.windows.com and login to the inside program it will take you to a page where you download the EXE. Go to the bottom of the page and it will have a link to a page with the ISOs. The 64-bit version is 3.9GB

Thanks, I found that a bit ago. I can't seem to get it working though it crashes or I can't get any drivers installed.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Made this mistake as well.... thank-you so much!

They did not make this very  clear I though it was a downloader or something that would download the ISO. They did not make this very clear  -_-"

Made this mistake as well.... thank-you so much!

They did not make this very  clear I though it was a downloader or something that would download the ISO. They did not make this very clear  -_-"

That's exactly what  thought.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler