GoPro Hero 4- Releasing October 5th

SilenT_LobsteR

GoPro has just released the specifications for the new GoPro Hero 4, with the Black Edition shooting 4K at 30FPS and 120FPS in 1080P.

Available October 5th. 

Some truly fantastic specs and the image quality is again amazing!

Cost?

"As for the Silver and Black? They will run you $500/£370 and $400/£290 respectively when they launch on October 5th."

The daddy of the family, Hero4 Black, has two key features that fans of GoPro have been waiting for since the Hero3: 4K video recording at 30 fps, and 1080p now at 120 fps (you can also grab 2.7K at 50 fps!). The Hero3 did 4K, but only at 15fps, making the feature less useful for professional projects. The Hero3+ didn't improve on that (and perhaps suggests why that wasn't branded the Hero4). But, it looks like GoPro figured out how to deliver full 30 fps 4K without ravaging the battery (more on that battery later). Other new features include a "highlight tag" which allows you to mark a key moment in your video via the WiFi button on the side. If you're shooting hours of video at a time, this will make finding those sweet airs/best waves much easier once you import the video into GoPro's Studio software.

GoPro's Protune feature (that allows deeper control over settings) also got a facelift. Now you can control the ISO limit, color and exposure settings. That's especially good news if you're into low light shooting. Which brings us conveniently onto two other new modes called Night Lapse, and Night Photo. As the names suggest, these are aimed at getting better low-light stills/time lapses. Essentially, you can force a longer exposure for some trippy light effects. The Black edition also features a new audio system which promise twice the dynamic range of previous cameras -- something we're looking forward to testing in the near future.

GoProH42.jpg

GoPro's Protune feature (that allows deeper control over settings) also got a facelift. Now you can control the ISO limit, color and exposure settings. That's especially good news if you're into low light shooting.

The Silver Model also now has an integrated LCD touchscreen!

If you're thinking, well the Hero4 Black is the one I want then, because the Silver will just be the same, but with fewer shooting options, you'd be partly right. But also very wrong. Silver does top out at 4K/15 fps like the Hero3/3+. But, it has most of the other new tricks (highlights, the Protune tools, night photo modes and so on), along with one big dealio feature that Black doesn't have: a built-in touchscreen display. Finally, there's a GoPro that lets you see what you're recording in real time, and playback photos and videos after the fact.

You can also use the touchscreen to set up the camera, instead of using the physical buttons (and tiny monochrome LCD)

Watch it in action!

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/29/gopro-hero4-4k-camera/

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

WOAH 1080p at 120fps...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

My eyes will burn.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I want one, but.... I'd never use it. ANyone want GoPro vids of me sitting at my desk?

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Fantastic! Going on my to buy list.

Been holding off on the 3+ because I want one that would at least do 4K at 24fps. Going to be fun messing around with these. :D

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Wow 1080p at 120 fps. That is pretty awesome

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Super excited for this! Lucky I never bought Gopro 3 was so close to buying it! 

Can't wait to see the memory card requirements for shooting in 4K! The speed of the card would need to be pretty high. 

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

I want one, but.... I'd never use it. ANyone want GoPro vids of me sitting at my desk?

Best YouTube channel ever. Multi-million dollar idea!

I will be getting a Black Edition for my snowmobiling adventures this year. Hehehe can't wait!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Best YouTube channel ever. Multi-million dollar idea!

I will be getting a Black Edition for my snowmobiling adventures this year. Hehehe can't wait!

Timelapses n shit

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Nice, altough the cheapest(hero) is glued/build into the case, so it kinda blows that when you break the case you ned to throw away the whole thing.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.