Defective Graphics Card? Bottleneck CPU?

Id say your probably bottlenceking a little bit, what HZ is your monitor? If its not over 60 then upgrading your cpu is just a waste, besides the 8350 is better for streaming and gaming at the same time.

He has a 780ti which means it support shadow play so it can stream with the GPU doing the work -_-

I am not saying that intel isnt superior per core performance, but in BL2 it doesnt matter whichcpu you use, there will be cpu usage issues. The OP will be limited by the software, it would be disingenious to say it was due to X processor.

Intels IPC is much better than Amd, thats without doubt. But in BL2 (which is the example you used) its a bad example of a cpu bottleneck.

BL2 works fine on my 4670K hell far better than my X4 965 with my 760 maxed with Phys x on high its seems to be more CPU bound once i change my X4 965 out my FPS on high went from low 30's to high 40's sometimes 50 over looking in thousand cuts 

BL2 works fine on my 4670K hell far better than my X4 965 with my 760 maxed with Phys x on high its seems to be more CPU bound once i change my X4 965 out my FPS on high went from low 30's to high 40's sometimes 50 over looking in thousand cuts 

Thats even more disingenuous....you are comparing a chip release in 2009 with one release in 2013? Course you are going to see a bounce in FPS.......

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

I'm thinking something else is going on. I didn't remove my 750TI drivers, but after I installed this GPU, I went in Driver Manager and uninstalled Graphics Drivers, then installed 780TI drivers off of the disk, then updated them with Nvdia Experience.

I would try uninstalling all graphics drivers and start over.

an 8350 should not bottleneck a 780ti THAT much, like i said before.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Id say your probably bottlenceking a little bit, what HZ is your monitor? If its not over 60 then upgrading your cpu is just a waste, besides the 8350 is better for streaming and gaming at the same time.

My monitor is 75HZ

My monitor is 75HZ

Ya its still not worth upgrading right now, if you ever go higher RES or 120-144hz, then upgrade but for now, just enjoy your 780ti and have fun gaming :)

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Thats even more disingenuous....you are comparing a chip release in 2009 with one release in 2013? Course you are going to see a bounce in FPS.......

if i went to piledriver i wouldn't of seen that big of a leap haswell has almost twice the IPC of piledriver 

Ya its still not worth upgrading right now, if you ever go higher RES or 120-144hz, then upgrade but for now, just enjoy your 780ti and have fun gaming :)

Alright Thanks!

if i went to piledriver i wouldn't of seen that big of a leap haswell has almost twice the IPC of piledriver 

Well considering that the OP is complaining about 55-75 fps on his 780ti and 75-90 on his old 750ti (both FPS are higher than yours with his 8350) is just more proof the 8350 is not holding back the cards.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Well considering that the OP is complaining about 55-75 fps on his 780ti and 75-90 on his old 750ti (both FPS are higher than yours with his 8350) is just more proof the 8350 is not holding back the cards.

no cause i get maxed with phys x on high i get max FPS i seen over a 100 i'm saying over looking thousand cuts which is intensive if you look over where the death wall is where the view distance is pretty good also enimes are fighting each other with phys x taking effect thats how i benchmarked when i got my 4670K he should be getting better FPS than me i avg around 60 to 75 its alarming 

OP - try wiping your drivers and reinstalling. According to http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-fx-8350-8-core-black-edition-processor-review_2055/6 the 8350 in BL2 should rank up there with an i7-3770k.

Might be something screwey with your drivers.

— Grumpy old man

Actually i found an interesting article....they tested Borderlands 2 with last gen's video cards (for example the 600 series nvidia - couldnt find one as comprehensive with current gen) and with an i7 3960x. At max graphics, and even at 1680x1050 with everything on full....the game maxes at 75 fps (on average).....

http://www.techspot.com/review/577-borderlands-2-performance/page2.html

just interesting reading, But not sure on their methodology

— Grumpy old man

Actually i found an interesting article....they tested Borderlands 2 with last gen's video cards (for example the 600 series nvidia - couldnt find one as comprehensive with current gen) and with an i7 3960x. At max graphics, and even at 1680x1050 with everything on full....the game maxes at 75 fps (on average).....

http://www.techspot.com/review/577-borderlands-2-performance/page2.html

just interesting reading, But not sure on their methodology

Hmm I am not sure.

Head of your problem is CPU, causing bottlenecking. To fix this, you need to switch to Intel. Any i5/i7 will do the job well. You will need to change motherboard too. And if you're doing livestream and video editing, then you should definitely get i7.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I would try uninstalling all graphics drivers and start over.

an 8350 should not bottleneck a 780ti THAT much, like i said before.

It should. Here's bright example of this:

8350@4GHz average 70 fps with a 780@1200MHz

& 3930k@4.2GHz average 150 fps with a 780@stock

And the TI version will be bottlenecked even more.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

have you overclocked your cpu yet because you should oc it as much as possible as you need fast cores

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

OP - try wiping your drivers and reinstalling. According to http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-fx-8350-8-core-black-edition-processor-review_2055/6 the 8350 in BL2 should rank up there with an i7-3770k.

Might be something screwey with your drivers.

Reinstalling drivers won't help, cause OP is bottlenecking hard with his current CPU. And i7-3770k stands far away ahead from 8350. 8350 is more near to hawell i3.

Reinstalling drivers won't help, cause OP is bottlenecking hard with his current CPU. And i7-3770k stands far away ahead from 8350. 8350 is more near to hawell i3.

It should. Here's bright example of this:

8350@4GHz average 70 fps with a 780@1200MHz

& 3930k@4.2GHz average 150 fps with a 780@stock

And the TI version will be bottlenecked even more.

Watch This. http://youtu.be/b6LUufXCPDM I'm pretty sure if a g3258 can maintain 50-70fps average with a 780ti (in BF4), then an fx-8350 should be more than capable of that also.

note: there are a couple scenes that dip with the G3258.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

@Jordan1417

Look man, we already covered this.  Your CPU is the bottleneck.  You need to switch to Intel if you want to get the most out of your GPU.  Maybe return the 780Ti, get a regular 780 and use some of that money saved going towards Intel. 

In the meantime, overclock your FX so that the bottleneck is not as severe.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Maybe it's an issue with Cinebench? My friend got 75 with his R9 270 and I got 75 with my R9 290.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

There is something not right here...

A GTX 750 Ti performs better than the GTX 780 Ti in games or only slightly better results.

I will say the FX-8350 at stock will create a bottleneck, but even so, it shouldn't be so dramatic.

When I had my FX-8350 at stock, it did quite well with my HD 7970 (which is quite a ways better than a GTX 750 Ti).

I'm going to recommend that you FIRST do the steps that are a less of a hassle and requires no more money spent

- Reinstall your graphics card drivers directly. No GeForce Experience crap. Just the latest stable drivers directly form NVidia's website. Cut the BS and straight to the point.

- If your motherboard / chipset drivers are quite old, check for any available updates.

- Make sure Windows is full up-to-date.

- Ensure you are running your games / benchmarks on full-screen. No Windowed mode.

- Keep an eye on the your temperatures for the CPU, VRM's on the motherboard, the Graphics card, the VRM's on the graphics card. (use HWMonitor / AIDA64 and GPU-Z...or similar programs for this)

I have a small feeling your motherboard VRM's may be throttling your CPU.

Just for comparison, my FX-8350 is overclocked to 4.8GHz (with a Thermaltake Frio CPU cooler -- more info in my profile) and it scores the following in Cinebench R15 (**with one HD 7970 installed)

• OpenGL: 105.46 FPS
  • CPU (Multi-core) : 770cb
  • CPU (Single-core): 115cb

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

-Snip-

Finally someone who agrees with me and doesn't insist that the fx-8350 is crap! :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

His biggest bottleneck is his crappy Asus M5A97LE board.

4+1 powerphase and no heatspreader on the vrm area.

So you could guess what happens, wenn you going to push a FX8350 on it right? ;)

Even a 7870 will get bottlenecked with that cpu + mobo combo.

Simpley because that board is not made for such a power asking cpu.

The vrm´s chokes, and northbridge will overheat as hell, even on stock speed.

The cpu just gets throttled by the overheating vrm´s.

Still the FX8350 can bottleneck a 780Ti in some games, that are only single threaded.

But it shouldn´t be that terrible.

Its obvious that his system is unstable.

And thats offcourse not so supricing with that cheapAss mobo.

AMD FX 8 cores just need a beefy vreg design, its not like intel.

The Thing is he can´t overclock, otherwise that board will selfcombust.

People just never learn.