I dont think their can ever be enough of these videos they are brilliant really useful, cos im not planning on buying a Fujitsu scan snap anytime soon....... and this tech is something i consider buying.

As I said before: Someone who is constantly bitching about console gamers, console ports and console tech should be forced to play with this instead:

microsoft-sidewinder-1.jpg

Maybe that would teach you to show a little respect.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

As I said before: Someone who is constantly bitching about console gamers, console ports and console tech should be forced to play with this instead:

Because that's obviously the only one controller ever made for the PC, amirite?

Enjoyed the video and while I don't need any of the products mentioned I found them interesting.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ew, that X360 controller, though... I honestly will never understand why people love that thing so much (and often times go all fanboy mode over it). It's heavier than pretty much any controller out there for some odd reason, it's bulky and thus rather uncomfortable, it's got the worst D-pad to have ever existed, it runs on fucking AA batteries (or an awful nickel battery pack) that creates an awful and uncomfortable bulge in the back, AND it requires an extra proprietary dongle to work wireless. Why the heck, then, does people love that thing so much? .-.

It has some really nice ergonomics for a lot of people although I prefer the dualshock 4

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

No, because the very existence of consoles is purely to benefit us as it keeps that rift-raft out and the nice new controllers in.

PS ignore my sig, it may or may not fit with my argument, lol

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Because that's obviously the only one controller ever made for the PC, amirite?

It isn't, but it's one that Microsoft themselfes made for the PC and it still has a better build quality than the Logitech controllers and what ever other garbage you can find in stores.

I could have told him to use one of those instead:

joystick_quickjoy_sv_202_01.jpg

But I guess that would have been mean.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

It isn't, but it's one that Microsoft themselfes made for the PC and it still has a better build quality than the Logitech controllers and what ever other garbage you can find in stores.

I could have told him to use one of those instead:

joystick_quickjoy_sv_202_01.jpg

But I guess that would have been mean.

I can cherry pick the worst of examples as a means to make what I'm talking about look bad too. Why not just shove this joystick up your arse because at this rate it's more useful for that than your argument.

Nah, it doesn't.

Also, that awful joystick says "for use with IBM PC". Do you even remember what gamepads of that era looked like? I can show you stuff that's more modern than that and also looked pretty bad. For instance:

250px-N64-Controller-Gray.jpg

bleemdc02.jpg

xboxfinal04.jpg

^ That thing was as massive and heavy as it looks. It was about the size of the Dreamcast controller and x3 as heavy.

But yeah, whatever, I also use a console controller on my PC for some games if only because the latest ones are pretty nice. And, you know, because we can use pretty much whatever the heck we want on our PCs anyway. I'm currently using this boy and loving it

EM4Nx64.jpg

:awfulwebcampic:

Would've gone for the Xbone controller which also looks sweet, but... bluetooth and a much more comfortable D-pad ftw. And the touchpad is kinda nice to have sometimes (I took the pic up there using it).

Handy Tech Under $100*

*Feeling cheap today: Under $50

How much space is there under the table/stand?

I have the Satechi monitor stand you mentioned. The audio ports did not work properly, and the cables they used for them are very cheap. Like Linus said, the USB are not powered, so I only have powered devices attached. Over time a little bend has occurred with the Acer H233H monitor on it, I did not put the Mac on it. It works enough to have my external HDD and external DVD-Rom drive under it, but I do wish it was slightly taller. Not bad for the price, but am waiting to see if a better one comes out, would be nice to see one with a powered USB hub on it. 

kJMiTVt.jpg?1

would you say that temp sensor is worth it since its not calibrated? or spend abit more and get one that is?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

There are specs on Amazon about the space under it, but a picture should help as well. Mind you like I said it sags slightly in the middle but if you have something that hugs the top it may help the stand not bend a little. 

How much space is there under the table/stand?

7ogNgLe.jpg

I had been waiting for ages for the Satechi stand to get mentioned. I have one myself, and it seemed to be getting quite the hype on Amazon. I'm glad you mentioned the port was unpowered, though, as I don't remember seeing it on the specs. Keep up the good work, I'd love to see this turn into a bigger series!

I would love to find a stand simmilar to that Satechi one, but with powered USB 3 for charging phone/tablet. Anyone seen any out there like that? I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks! I was just debating whether or not to buy a wired Xbox 360 controller, but that dongle will save me some money (and wireless, which is always nice).

Best thing I ever brought within 100 $ is my antlion modmic and jbl mini speakers

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

I totally missed this episoide

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Hi,

I bought the 360 receiver and the drivers won't install/don't exist so I can't sync the controller. I am looking for some help in getting it setup. My OS is Windows 7; I have searched all over the internet and have not found any drivers. Also the disk that shipped with it had some standard software for control and what looked like a driver but it wasn't. I would really appreciate some help with this.