Dell New UltraSharp U2415 Monitor

GoodBytes

Dell is preparing the release the U2415 monitor

The monitor is a true thin border monitor, like the U2414H, but now, is in 16:10 aspect ratio flavor, which is excellent news for 16:10 lovers out there, especially that the aspect ratio is hard to find these days. It sports an AH-IPS non-glossy 1920x1200 6ms response time panel (with game mode enabled).

Dell_UltraSharp_U2415_01.jpg

Dell_UltraSharp_U2415_02.jpg

dell-u2415-overview-1.jpg

It features white LED backlight, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 5-port USB 3.0 hub and fully adjustable stand.

As inputs, it has 1x full-size DisplayPort, 1x mini-DisplayPort and 2x HDMI, plus 1x DisplayPort OUT for daisy chaining (up to three monitors).

The monitor, like more and more monitors and systems these days, doesn't have VGA (this 80's technology is finally dying!)

The monitor cost 3,299 Yuan or about (with direct conversation. Son the price might be cheaper or more) $537 U.S.

It should be coming out to other regions in the world shortly.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/204759/dell-also-readies-the-ultrasharp-u2415-16-10-ips-monitor.html

Source 2: http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=cn&cs=cndhs1&l=zh&s=dhs&sku=391-BBUW&redirect=1

Gorgeous! I've been looking for one of these!

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Design is nice but its 1920x1200 which is kinda pointless to invest in a monitor with that res when everything will be 4k soon imo also i hear so much crap about dells being good and bad really sounds like a panel lottery with them :S

Why the hell won't they put these thin bezels on more relevant models like the 4k or the 2k screens?

It has been available for purchase for a few days in certain Asian countries, like Hong Kong and Taiwan. But I don't know why In Taiwan's site, it was stated as ready to ship, but in Hong Kong's site it was labelled as to be  "replaced with a newer model" after a day (but the product page is still there)...

for those who didn't read Chinese, this is Taiwan's product page in English:

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=tw&l=en&s=dhs&cs=twdhs1&sku=391-bbuw

The product page in Hong Kong's Dell site:

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=hk&cs=hkdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=391-BBUW&redirect=1

1200p for the price of a 1440p?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

1200p for the price of a 1440p?

The monitor is a true thin border one, the panel costs more for this.

Also, 16:10 does cost more to produce as the demand is very low for them, as most consumers seeks for stickers that says "Full HD 1080p!", and seek for "no black borders in movies, even thought the massive majority of movies are films all sorts of different aspect ratio, so you'll still have them", and also, as the panel is smaller, it is also cheaper. And the consumer seeks for the lowest price. As 1920x1200 is technically "not HD", as it is above that, it's being ignored completely by most consumers. So the result, is that no one buys them, beside professionals.

If it drops a bit in price it might be worth buying for me, I am currently using a 16:10 (Semi profesional TN panel (reallly good color accuracy for TN)) and a 4:3 monitor side by side, and I've always like 16:10 it seems more convient, especially in multi mon configs. 

Edit: I love that adjustable stand, but I can't quite see where all those usb 3 ports are? On the back? Cuz I wouldn't really like that

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Yes they are all at the bottom, next to the monitor inputs, except for 1, which is on the back (I guess that one was intended for USB flash drives). I personally would have prefer it on the side, as it is easier to reach, but I guess the intent was not not be visible.

Why the hell won't they put these thin bezels on more relevant models like the 4k or the 2k screens?

I still prefer to game on 2k screens (yes, this is a 2k screen - not true 2k but still neither is 4k)

Most things just feel way too small on 1440p resolutions (or 1600p if you go 16:10) at 24 inch.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Getting sick of seeing all the IPS monitors.  Terrible black levels, don't know how people can use them.

That along with IPS glow even when sitting right in front, its just a no go.

WTB some decent VA panels at a non stupid price.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I wouldn't mind picking up one of these soome

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

hmm. it looks nice! i'd buy a 27inch maybe.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

$600 for 1920x1200? :(

At that price I would rather buy some nice 1920x1080, 24" Dell monitors and put them in a tri-monitor setup. Borders don't bother me enough to put down another $300 or more on a single monitor.

Getting sick of seeing all the IPS monitors.  Terrible black levels, don't know how people can use them.

Cause 99% of the market actually does enough colour work and rendering that they'd actually notice. 

The monitor is a true thin border one, the panel costs more for this.

Also, 16:10 does cost more to produce as the demand is very low for them, as most consumers seeks for stickers that says "Full HD 1080p!", and seek for "no black borders in movies, even thought the massive majority of movies are films all sorts of different aspect ratio, so you'll still have them", and also, as the panel is smaller, it is also cheaper. And the consumer seeks for the lowest price. As 1920x1200 is technically "not HD", as it is above that, it's being ignored completely by most consumers. So the result, is that no one buys them, beside professionals.

This honestly pisses me off on so many levels....I prefer 16:10 so much more than 16:9, but I would never buy a 16:10 monitor as I don't see the difference being worth the price delta. 

/I'm cheap in weird ways--I have no issue buying a second gaming computer for the sake of convenience, but I wouldn't pay a bit extra to get a better monitor. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This honestly pisses me off on so many levels....I prefer 16:10 so much more than 16:9, but I would never buy a 16:10 monitor as I don't see the difference being worth the price delta. 

/I'm cheap in weird ways--I have no issue buying a second gaming computer for the sake of convenience, but I wouldn't pay a bit extra to get a better monitor.

Well the Dell U2412M is like 300$ on special, and it is 16:10, 1920x1200 IPS.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?s=bsd&sku=320-2676

That's very close to 16:9 pricing compared to normally.

Well the Dell U2412M is like 300$ on special, and it is 16:10, 1920x1200 IPS.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?s=bsd&sku=320-2676

That's very close to 16:9 pricing.

Still $100-150 more. Like I said I'm cheap in weird ways....Hell, I wouldn't even pay for a 1440p monitor even though I'd love the extra room. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Getting sick of seeing all the IPS monitors. Terrible black levels, don't know how people can use them.

I always thought ips was better all round than va :S

$600 for 1920x1200? :(

At that price I would rather buy some nice 1920x1080, 24" Dell monitors and put them in a tri-monitor setup. Borders don't bother me enough to put down another $300 or more on a single monitor.

Doubt it will be that price.  Converting currencies doesn't actually get you the real price, because prices are different from region to region even considering currency conversions.  For example you could look at GTX 760 prices in the UK, which are maybe 180 GBP on average, and convert that to 300 USD.  In the US the price is actually around 250 though.  Converting China currency to USD won't tell you the US price of this monitor.

Doubt it will be that price.  Converting currencies doesn't actually get you the real price, because prices are different from region to region even considering currency conversions.  For example you could look at GTX 760 prices in the UK, which are maybe 180 GBP on average, and convert that to 300 USD.  In the US the price is actually around 250 though.  Converting China currency to USD won't tell you the US price of this monitor.

Of course, but it being so high in another area is really pushing me to believe it'll be really around the $400 area, which is still way too high for my tastes.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...even that 1920x1200 monitor GoodBytes posted that is ~$300 is still too high for my liking. ~$200 is the sweet spot, max $250. Anything higher it just seems like a waste unless it's 2560x1440/1600 or 4k, or if it's a 120Hz/144Hz monitor that is 1920x1080/1200.

I have 2x 2412M's and love them. I think 16:10 is awesome for internet browsing, it gives you that extra inch which doesn't sounds like much but I like it. 

Where I do find it really annoying is with gamestream as it forces the 16:10 image on my TV @ 16:9 giving me black borders, but i just need to change the game resolution to one matched with 16:9.

For general web browsing or photo's or whatever these are awesome I have found...

IPS have bad black levels? What is this twit smoking?! The best IPS monitors have a darker true black than ANY VA panel.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd