The Crew Beta mini review/discussion

Firearm2112

I have played about 30 minutes of the crew beta and came up with a few things to say,

First off, I appreciate that the cut scenes are rendered in real time, and this is one of the few games that dosent look like poop on low settings.

Some of the handling on some of the cars is just plain stupid. For example in the opening gameplay thing, i was making turns with that truck, that if I made in real life, I would spin out. I feel as tho GTA V is even more realistic, driving wise then some of the cars.

The open world aspect is cool.

I feel as tho a lot of gameplay mechanics and ideas were borrowed from watch dogs. This game has a very technology oriented theme, and the main character Alex is voice by the guy who voice Aiden Pierce in Watch_Dogs, come on Ubisoft, get some new voice talents. *COUGH AARON PAUL COUGH*

I noticed some of the sounds for some cars were reused from Watch_Dogs as far as I can tell.

I haven't played enough to really make a solid review, so im asking others who have also played the beta to let me know what you think about it.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: The cops in this game are SUPER softcore, not using any weapons, or spike laydowns, at my point in the game

EDIT EDIT: I also feel as though all the names of the characters are American white boy/girl names. Come on Ubisoft, be creative here

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Let us know what else you find :)

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I've played the game for a while, and the steering of the cars are very unrealistic, I think they should put out a patch optimizing the steering and car physics

I've played the game for a while, and the steering of the cars are very unrealistic, I think they should put out a patch optimizing the steering and car physics

I couldn't agree more. Imo its worse then watch dogs

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I'm not trying to copy anyone. Didn't even see that post. Just wanted to express my opinions

I'm not trying to copy anyone. Didn't even see that post. Just wanted to express my opinions

will his is different

i am also a racing game guy

i say the way the crew game is made

it means Ubisoft don't know how to make racing games like EA, CodeMaster, Forza 5 and GT6

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

will his is different

it means Ubisoft don't know how to make racing games like EA, CodeMaster, Forza 5 and GT6

I generally enjoy racing games but this is just sad

will his is different

well they had people who developed TDU for The Crew

WHY HAS EVERYBODY ALREADY POSTED A REVIEW OF THE FREAKIN GAME!!!! I wanted to be first tomorrow!!! GG

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I feel as tho a lot of gameplay mechanics and ideas were borrowed from watch dogs. This game has a very technology oriented theme, and the main character Alex is voice by the guy who voice Aiden Pierce in Watch_Dogs, come on Ubisoft, get some new voice talents. *COUGH AARON PAUL COUGH*

You do know that Troy Baker is Alex? Look him up on Wikipedia he does voices in a lot of games.

Played around 30mins too

- car navigation system sucks balls :D

- AA looks super bad, even 8xMSAA looks jaggy on my 1080p 24"

- whole game doesn't look next gen (graphics)

- 30fps lock, wtf ubisoft?

(You don't notice as much as in shooters but its still bad.)

- small world for being all of USA. You could drive through the whole country in 2-3h.

- car handling not nearly realistic, it's more sliding than driving

- crashes are weird

(Get knocked over my a train nothing happens but when you drive someone in the rear your car dies)

Thats it so far, will play some more today

PS:

Oh,

- Ubisoft

- Uplay

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

You do know that Troy Baker is Alex? Look him up on Wikipedia he does voices in a lot of games.

Im pretty sure its the guy who voices Aiden Pierce. They sound exactly the same

Played the game for about an hour and I have officially decided that Ubisoft is going to my "Never buy a game from them" list along with EA. This game is beyond bad. The driving is awful, graphics are quite poor, I have no idea how to do half of the things in the game and most of the things that happened were beyond any logic. Uninstalled it and could not care less about it. It feels like the new Need for Speed games but even worse and that is just beyond me. 

The Crew is another game along with Watch_Dogs that i'm going to pirate. Not worth the time to buy and deal with uPlay.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

pro tip: get a controller, it helped me in big way regarding controls

with keyboard, it was upright horrible

but with controller, that was integrated nicely, it was much much better

Played around 30mins too

- small world for being all of USA. You could drive through the whole country in 2-3h.

- crashes are weird
(Get knocked over my a train nothing happens but when you drive someone in the rear your car dies)

Thats it so far, will play some more today

I would say that 2-3 hours driving from edge to edge is rather large

yea, that needs some polishing

I am not saying that uplay is good.. but there are worse things ***ORIGIN***

I would say regarding graphics that wait for the final release. It is not bad for an MMO (mmos are not popular about their graphics) and its still BETA

pro tip: get a controller, it helped me in big way regarding controls

with keyboard, it was upright horrible

but with controller, that was integrated nicely, it was much much better

I would say that 2-3 hours driving from edge to edge is rather large

yea, that needs some polishing

I am not saying that uplay is good.. but there are worse things ***ORIGIN***

I would say regarding graphics that wait for the final release. It is not bad for an MMO (mmos are not popular about their graphics) and its still BETA

nah, i fucking hate controllers. I have one for my shield tab but i'm just too dumb to use it ^^

2-3h is around twice as much as Hawaii in Test Drive Unlimited and thats only Hawaii lol.

I like Origin better than Uplay but still hate both.

I dont expect the graphics to be better in the final release. probably worse because they have to enable 60fps cause it fucking sucks. And because of the console peasants we can't keep ultra settings then. (As i said, even that looks bad, at least the AA, need 4k ^^)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

1.nah, i fucking hate controllers. I have one for my shield tab but i'm just too dumb to use it ^^

2.2-3h is around twice as much as Hawaii in Test Drive Unlimited and thats only Hawaii lol.

3.I like Origin better than Uplay but still hate both.

4.I dont expect the graphics to be better in the final release. probably worse because they have to enable 60fps cause it fucking sucks. And because of the console peasants we can't keep ultra settings then. (As i said, even that looks bad, at least the AA, need 4k ^^)

1. they are not bad for racing games :)

2. well yeah, but that game was different and with smaller variety. and please do not mention that game again because I am bursting into tears

3. Origin is worse I think, sometimes my pc does not power off because of that

4. yea good point

2. well yeah, but that game was different and with smaller variety. and please do not mention that game again because I am bursting into tears

why this? :D It was the best open world "racing" game to date imo.

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

why this? :D It was the best open world "racing" game to date imo.

I played countless hours with it. it is awesome

but as a quick note I just tried it. and compared to Forza Horizon ( most recent open world racing) and even for The Crew Beta it feels.. old and arcade.

Forza is simulator and doing that stuff better, whereas crew is aradish and doing this style.. better

I can get past the arcade vibe from it if the vehicles handled even remotely like an actual vehicle.

I played countless hours with it. it is awesome

but as a quick note I just tried it. and compared to Forza Horizon ( most recent open world racing) and even for The Crew Beta it feels.. old and arcade.

Forza is simulator and doing that stuff better, whereas crew is aradish and doing this style.. better

Update:

Driving from Detroit to Miami takes around 20mins and from Miami to NYC 10. so its pretty small actually. But all in all pretty detailed imo so you do have some space to drive.

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links: