If you had to choose

First one if skinny, second one if a fat CEO

What about a fat gamer?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Get a DXracer. These are what pro gamers use.  Go watch the COD event at UMG Dallas are the pros will be sitting in these chairs. http://www.dxracer.com

I don't think that's a great judge. A lot of programers use Asrtos and they're terrible

haha, sorry but i have a very strong policy about not changing profile pictures :P, you seem to have good taste just like me!, considering a Chair is something we use ALOT, every day for as long as possible, yah, it's kinda important.

EDIT: quoting seems to have been utterly broken when i was trying to post a few comments earlier today..

I wouldn't want you to change it, it is fantastic! It "throws me off" only because I took that picture I use as my desktop background from my old house a long time ago, and it is just so similar to your profile pic (colors at least). Oh man, I can't stop looking at it...it's gorgeous! :)

This thread makes me realize I need a new chair. I bought mine at a CompUSA, and they were purchased by Tigerdirect in 2008 :o

Good luck on finding the right chair OP, I might be on the hunt soon as well :ph34r:

...So my quest for the perfect chair continues...

I'm not at all surprised as they are both pieces of cheap garbage. Look at this thread and find yourself an Aeron.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

How do people know which one will be better by looking at the picture?   Everyone is just saying chair 1 becasue it has a race car look to it. :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor and go sit in each one. If they feel the same, then my advice is get the one with the lower arm rests, Because you rarely use them and you don't want them getting stuck or worn under the desk as you push the chair in our out.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

EDIT:

I sat in both in some large store, they are both uncomfortable for a tall skinny dude... (my shoulders are too wide for the first one and the second feels like sitting on those amazon air packaging things).

So my quest for the perfect chair continues, I'll update this post when i find one

How do people know which one will be better by looking at the picture?   Everyone is just saying chair 1 becasue it has a race car look to it. :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor and go sit in each one. If they feel the same, then my advice is get the one with the lower arm rests, Because you rarely use them and you don't want them getting stuck or worn under the desk as you push the chair in our out.

Seems that you failed to read things properly...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Seems that you failed to read things properly...

and what did I fail to read? 

All the comments saying chair one is better where made before that edit, he then goes on to say he'll update this thread later.  So I think my advice is not only apt but quite accurate given when he tried out both chairs it proved the opinions of people on a forum can mean very little, and thus he should always try for himself.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The chair you use won't impact how good you are at gaming no matter how much Alienware and DXRacer want you to believe that.

Well it's kind off obvious that it won't change how good you are.

The arm rests on both look awful. If I had to chose though I'd say the first because it has more of a shape where your back curves.

Chair 2. The arms on #1 look meh

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

I went ahead and bought a M series from Dxracer  a couple of weeks ago after sitting in a buddys.

It is a very nice chair, worth the money if you ask me.

IMO you might has well get something that is comfy and you, and you are happy to sit in for any amount of time.

I poneyed up the 550 buckaros because if I'm going to be spending as much time as i do in it, I might as well get a nice one!

But again as people said, you'd be mental to buy something you havent had a sit in atleast once.

Dont ask people what they think you should get, YOU'RE the one that gets to sit in it and YOU'RE the only one that has to like it. And you are the only one that can decide if it's comfy or not.  About the only opinion you want from the internet on what a chair has to offer is quality and fit and finish.  A 1000 people may like one chair and if you bought one just because of that and ended up not liking it you'd feel really stupid.

Thats my 2 cent's.

What ever totes your goats.

well.... i usually sit on my bed so i dont know much about office chairs all that much.

i can say however, if i'm to get it for gaming, chair 1.

but it'd have to be able to go, really high, i cant stand sitting *DOWN* into a chair, i need to tip-toe and kinda climb up. xD

so, chair one, but honestly, just whatever is the most comfortable FOR YOU.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Neither. You shouldn't skimp on your chair! You're back will thank you when you're older.

hero_aeron_work_6.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Neither, I hate both.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The first is more ergonomic, but the second is more cushy.

First if you're sitting for a long time with proper posture,

The second if you don't give a fuck and just want it soft.

I'd go for the first one if I were you, because the chair just wraps around you and feels much more comfortable. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.