What are then?

too lazy to care, either google it or see if @ @CoolBeans or @Lays cares enough

most notably noiseblockers, typhoons, some bequiet fans and even some corsair fans and hyperboreas can probably compete.

Error: 410

Buying things by hearing a good word from people you trust isn't a bad thing.

But they do no research and end up wasting money.

Diamond 5 in League :)

But they do no research and end up wasting money.

"Waste" is based on perspective. What is a waste to you is not to another. Research could show someone that they will net similar performance for less but the simple fact that they have a reference from someone they know will make the choice much easier. All in all if they are happy with what they purchased they didn't waste any money.

Why is this  a thing? Really wasn't this a blatantly obvious kind of thing? This should've been a TechQuickie at best not a LTT vid xD  it didn't really give a definitive answer or a tip of anysort xD specially since techquickie already did the episode on Premium cables it almost could've been a sequel 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

most notably noiseblockers, typhoons, some bequiet fans and even some corsair fans and hyperboreas can probably compete.

o i c

I mean I've seen a ton of fan benchmarks, not just from LTT and Noctua almost always comes out on top. I've seen some where BeQuiet and Corsair are the best for certain applications.

I've explained it like 100 times on here, cant be bothered

I'm a big advocate of buying the absolute best performing components for your system and focusing on everything else after.  Especially if it is a brand new, ground up build, don't factor case fans and water cooling into your build if you are on a tight budget.  Buy the main components that have the most direct impact on performance, and everything else can be added later.  It is a bad idea to load up on case fans when planning your build, when you could have used that money towards a better GPU/CPU.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

xD @Slick hahaha why are you still lookin quite pink.

When will you be upgrading your PC?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

someone make a gif of the start and replace the pc with GabeN or the steam logo... that might be fun.

Mate

someone make a gif of the start and replace the pc with GabeN or the steam logo... that might be fun.

It will happen, give it time :3

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

This video was AWESOME - thank you so much for clearing that up. I'm very much a price to performance hunter myself so these kind of videos are always extremely helpful to me! :)

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

So because there are fans comparably as good they can't use noctua's as a benchmark?

this chart is so wrong :>

look at the scaling at the bottom, the graph shows us a minor difference but the difference of the values is a major one :>

and why is it red when it's better this is the color of danger! :>

attachicon.gifwrong.png

Yeah that chart sucks. Is stock fans 67.5 db or ~36db?

You guys should review some Artic fans, they are pretty cheap (you can buy 4 120mm fans for the same prime of a 120mm Noctua) and still very good looking. I'd like to know more before buying them.

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

this chart is so wrong :>

look at the scaling at the bottom, the graph shows us a minor difference but the difference of the values is a major one :>

and why is it red when it's better this is the color of danger! :>

attachicon.gifwrong.png

I was just about to comment on that graph to!

Ok Slick, fix this please!

i thought this was about me and common people

excited anyways!

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Le sigh... GG

You can tell based on the scale at the bottom that it shouldn't have been 67.2... no idea if it was excel or powerpoint that freaked out but yeah - fixed graph uploading now

While price can be an issue, the reason I have 5 Noctua fans in my case is because other then the cooling factor and being quiet, not many fan manufacturers will put a 6 year warranty on their product.

Doing so means they have great faith in the quality of their product which also gives me great faith in their product.

have a few noctuas my self but some f12,14 artic can do the job just fine and queite great fans

NCIX: http://bit.ly/Yj7yBn

Amazon: http://geni.us/2YkH

Noctua and other premium fan brands charge a significant premium for their products. Are they that much better than stock case or AIO cooler fans?

• CPU
    Athlon II X4 620
  • Motherboard
    MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 (MS-7309)
  • RAM
    4 Gb 800 mhz
  • GPU
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
  •  
  • Storage
    WD 500 gb
  • PSU