Kingston and PNY caught bait-and-switching cheaper components after good reviews

Zero_Cool

Kingston was already in the wrong after their firmware was good and then they junked it.

I just hope other manufactures don't practice this, very disingenuous if you ask me

Kingston was already in the wrong after their firmware was good and then they junked it.

Kingston didn't change the firmware - they updated it (not what caused the problem, since firmware is free) but they change the NAND they used from synchronous to asynchronous. (this is seen in their V300 series)

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

PNY Optima SSD's are so cheap now. Yes, it's not as good as before, but it's still so much faster than a HDD. 

still misleading reviewers is not a good business practice, it would be like a car manufacture letting you test drive the model you want to buy, then swapping most of the components inside to make it cheaper. If we say that is ok, then what's to stop other companies in the tech industry from following suit.

Really old news. This is why Kingston's V300 series has been unrecommended for so long on this board. It's not that it happened, it's that Kingston tried to let it slide. For PNY, they switched controllers and it's arguable that it improved the drive, but again, they never told anyone after the review samples had already been sent out. 

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

These are two companies i do not trust, so this does not surprise me.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Man did they also did that with their headset that's shameful bro

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro