Sony is the new Nokia. Xperia Z2 survives 6 weeks in the ocean.

LarsReviews

I did a Forum and a Google Search before posting this. So here is a Article from: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-Z2-lives-after-being-submerged-in-salt-water-for-6-weeks_id59223

Quote: ''Sony was one of the first smartphone manufacturers to embrace the idea of waterproofing its handsets. We still remember how the Sony Xperia Z caught everyone's attention at CES 2013, with a display that showed off the waterproofing of the phone. The Sony Xperia Z2 happens to be certified to withstand a submersion in water to as deep as 5 feet, for as long as 30 minutes. That is fresh water, by the way. Keep that in mind for the rest of this story.

But don't talk about the waterproofing restrictions to one Alexander Maxén from Gothenburg, Sweden. Good old Alex was waterskiing while on vacation, and while this might seem strange for most of us who keep track of our phones every second, he had left his Sony Xperia Z2 on the seat of the boat. So as you might imagine, once the craft started cutting through the waves, the phone fell into Davey Jones' locker. With the sea bed more than 10 meters deep, trying to recover the device was impossible at the time.'

Once they were back on terra firma, Alexander called the phone, which continued to ring, proving that it was still working (otherwise it would have gone directly to voicemail). Six weeks later, a friend of Alexander went scuba diving and retrieved the Xperia Z2. The bottom line? The back glass was shattered and the battery had completely discharged. But the LED indicator did light up when the phone was plugged in. And once recharged, the phone worked perfectly, even making phone calls.

Alexander decided not to repair the external damage, deciding to keep the phone in this state as a reminder of the six weeks that it spent in salt water, 10 meters below the surface. You can take a look at the Sony Xperia Z2 after it was recovered, by clicking on the slideshow.''

The screen seems to be in perfect shape

After-six-weeks-in-salt-water-this-Sony-

After reading this and seeing the drop test by Android Authority, I think Sony is the new Nokia.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Nice~

Can you please do something about font colour,for night theme users?

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

as an Xperia Z owner, I can confirm this thing is pretty tough.

I dropped it a couple times in the shower while watching "unboxings and tutorials"

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Wow.

I dropped it a couple times in the shower while watching "unboxings and tutorials"

Someone taking a dick out of a box?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

>___>

Cool story bro.

Wow.

Someone taking a dick out of a box?

Is that what they call it nowadays? ;)

You dirty basterd haha.

Sony Z phones are always built excelent in comparison to samsungs toys and htcs ''grannys vase'' if you know what i mean...

Interested in Business and Technology

I just washed my Z1 in the sink with dish soap. Who needs a cloth?!

I have also stood up with the headphones in flinging the phone about 10 feet on tile floor, only a small scratch.

And the shower, but really, for E-Mail. Not enough time to wait to reply!

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Nice~

Can you please do something about font colour,for night theme users?

better?

I got the Sony Z2 almost a week ago. I even did a review today, but I am too scared to put it in water.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

better?

YUP :)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

unboxing of babylons and tutorial of how to suck the best dick

I just washed my Z1 in the sink with dish soap. Who needs a cloth?!

I have also stood up with the headphones in flinging the phone about 10 feet on tile floor, only a small scratch.

And the shower, but really, for E-Mail. Not enough time to wait to reply!

What you need is a Spigen case with ''Air Cushion Technology". 

After reading this and seeing the drop test by Android Authority, I think Sony is the new Nokia.

But still... No one can beat the Nokia 3310

nokia-3310.png

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

you could beat someone with a Nokia 3310 lol

You can do so many things with this phone

n50a032507f686.jpg

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

I thought what you meant by "sony is the new nokia" is that Sony is going bankrupt lol

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

You can do so many things with this phone

-snip-

You ubloaded the wrong file, here is the right one.  :D  :D  :D

azr7gi5u.jpg

It's practically the Droid I want. Just need to hit my lucky break first.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

As a Sony fan this makes me happy, but I will say my Xperia Z was the worst build quality I've ever experienced in a phone, from the cover orings failing to the phone overheating to the point the glue melted and the back cover fell off (which isn't covered by warranty as it's a "known fault") now I won't buy a phone till its 6 months old, gives you a long life review set.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."